• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm |OT| Dick-Tits

Playing now. Going to completely clear my head on my original thoughts on it and try to see it for how everyone else does. I wasn't quite the fan of the game when it released.

ElRenoRaven

Well I finished the Campaign today after buying it during the Steam sale. I have to say I really liked the Single Player.

It's a great popcorn action flick. The story managed to keep itself contained and really worked well. The gameplay well done too. Voice acting was good too I thought. I liked some of odd little sections where you controlled different things for parts of the level. That end man. I really do hope that we do see a sequel to it.

bumpkin

Well I finished the Campaign today after buying it during the Steam sale. I have to say I really liked the Single Player.

It's a great popcorn action flick. The story managed to keep itself contained and really worked well. The gameplay well done too. Voice acting was good too I thought. I liked some of odd little sections where you controlled different things for parts of the level. That end man. I really do hope that we do see a sequel to it.
I felt like it went on about an hour or so too long.
The segment where you were working *with* Serrano (sp?) was a waste of time. It was only made more stupid by the fact you were having to listen to him run his mouth the entire time, and constantly being threatened by Ichi if you dared to lay a finger on the slimy fuck was just irritating.

ElRenoRaven

I felt like it went on about an hour or so too long.
The segment where you were working *with* Serrano (sp?) was a waste of time. It was only made more stupid by the fact you were having to listen to him run his mouth the entire time, and constantly being threatened by Ichi if you dared to lay a finger on the slimy fuck was just irritating.

I liked that part actually.

it actually fucked me up when he shoved the chick out the window. I was like WTF!?!?! Then that section was fun. It accomplished what it set out to do I felt. It was there to make you really really hate this son of a bitch and want him dead. It accomplished that too. Also you and Ichi came to terms during it too. He realized that this guy truly deserved to die. He also realized what how he was acting was wrong. So I was fine with that section. The one part I felt let down in the game was the quicktime fest with Serrano. I wanted to kill the SOB and got that quicktime section and then the asshole gets away. I was like fucking hell. Course it set up for a great sequel. Between him surviving and Ichi now being like all robotic part it seems, It's going to be interesting should we get the sequel someday.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Got the game at the Steam sale as well. It's decent fun. Mostly been doing the campaign, and am at Chapter 3 or 4, can't remember. It's the part where I've gotten to where the lady should be after homing in on her communicator. In any case, I agree that the story is an entertaining enough popcorn flick. Ishi and Grayson have a nice back and forth.

Gameplay-wise I can't seem to get more than 2 or 3 skillshots at a time, but this is more so in the campaign. I figure Echoes should give me a chance to figure out more creative ways of dispatching baddies. As it stands, I tend to do a lot of Leash > Kick > Slide > Shoot > Headshot stuff to run up SP.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Finished the game just then, I'm surprised, that was some of the most pure fun I've had in a FPS this year, loved the skillshot system, the gunplay etc, even the humour was a lot better than I expected although the story was lulz whenever it tried to take itself seriously, so far I'd say it's easily my favourite FPS campaign this year, interested to see how RAGE and SS3 compare when I play them.

Just finished this fucking awesome gem of a game. I don't even like FPS games that much, but this game... this game. Goddamn. SO DAMN FUN.

The score system and leash are definitely what helped me fall in love with it. And the dumb humor. And the colors.

Anyway, I ended up using the default gun -> drill -> sniper. The sniper rifle is so much fun to use. Chapter 7-1 was kicking my ass for the longest time. I was determined to beat it my way, but I kept getting cheapshotted. I had to change up the strategy... I'll have to go back and see if I can do it the way I was trying.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I named him Wellington P Tallylicker though I never had the chance to tell him. He will be remembered
*Insert somber military score for lost of a comrade*

Yeah, like Vanquish has a challenger for best shooter of the gen.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Finished the main game on normal, most likely will play it on very hard for the cheevos. :p

Also I might add I cleared the first 14 Echos, all with 3 stars. Really where the game shines. Trying to come up with as big of point combos as you can.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Just finished the game. Great campaign and I loved the self aware humor.

Grey shouting DEUS EX MACHINA! really got me.

Shame there probably won't be a sequel even though it would deserve one.

Number45

Started this a couple of nights ago as I had it sitting on my HDD (free from PS+) and I needed a game to vent my frustrations at. I don't have much in the way of observations at the moment, but some initial thoughts:

• The tutorial is too long. I know it's not insanely long, but giving people the leash nice and early and seeing those numbers fly straight away would have made the game much more immediate for me
  • Up to this point it's been very easy (playing on normal)
  • It both looks very nice and runs very smoothly - which isn't something I've come to expect from UE based PS3 games
  • I'm not sure this is a gripe, given how easy I'm finding it, but scavenging for ammo (either looking around the environment or from the dropkits) breaks up the action unnecessarily
  • Tips on the (mercifully short) loading screens are actually useful. I've never known such a thing!
No idea how far I am through the game (finished the mechabot controlling section, just starting act 3).

Definitely enjoying it though, and looking for inventive ways to cause mayhem is fun.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
You should have started on hard, yeah. Gives you more chances to do cool shit too.

Lack of ammo is definitely an annoying problem though.

Number45

Thought as much. I do usually kick off on hard (this is a habit I've picked up from completing games on normal only to find you don't unlock the hardest difficulty level that way), I think I left it at default because I wanted to vent. Sometimes starting on hard makes that initial push frustrating.

Number45

I don't suppose this has a new game+? Not a common occurrence in western games I know, but I'd be more inclined to play it more than once if it did.

Top Bottom