• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie Day Thread: Beta news, collector's edition, and more!

D i Z

Apparently the Digital Guardian Edition is available from Amazon now. Can someone clarify any differences between buying it from them versus PSN? I assume PSN has the benefit of automatic pre-loading? But otherwise no difference?

I assume that it will pre-load for the Amazon bought code as well. I've not seen any reason why it wouldn't, but then again this hasn't really happened before.

Kyoufu

I assume that it will pre-load for the Amazon bought code as well. I've not seen any reason why it wouldn't, but then again this hasn't really happened before.

It depends on when Amazon send out the code for the game. If they send it on the release date then he'll miss out on pre-loading.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
beta build... so, yes

Leo7AMm.png

ZQxT8yd.png
They're probably running on a devkit. I've seen trophies pop up before for some games that weren't release versions running on devkits but that's never been the case for public betas.

D i Z

It depends on when Amazon send out the code for the game. If they send it on the release date then he'll miss out on pre-loading.

I've bought codes from Amazon before, but never for a pre-order. It says on site that they'll be sending out beta codes within 2 days of purchase. Not the same thing I know, but Amazon is usually right on it with getting codes out at the first possible moment.
I guess the only way to be sure is to go directly to the PS store and count that as the one perk of buying direct.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
1) Yes, Gold/PS+ is required even for the Beta. During the alpha, the wording in-game was that Explore and Story were available without the need for an active online subscription, but the Strikes/Crucible did need it. I couldn't really test that however, as I have PS+.

2) See above, same thing.

3) No word on any cross-platform connectivity at all. Wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't any, at least until Destiny 2 and the possible ditching of previous-gen consoles.
Thank you.

I apologize if this isn't the right place but does anyone know if Destiny is getting cross generation or cross console saves? Polygon had an article about it a while back and I was hoping more info had come out since then. I'm hoping to play Destiny on a PS3 at the GFs and have the same save work on my PS4 at home. I'd like it even more if my Xbox One and PS4 saves worked in unison but I don't expect that to come true.

Tacosmell

Banned
So from what i understand tomorow we will be able to chose wich console we want our beta for?

When i pre ordered my game i went on the bungie site and input my 12 letter code that i got on the EB receipt. Did we not already chose our console of choice when doing that??? i dont really remember.

So where exactly will Destiny send me this OTHER beta code?

SnakeEyes

Banned
I apologize if this isn't the right place but does anyone know if Destiny is getting cross generation or cross console saves? Polygon had an article about it a while back and I was hoping more info had come out since then. I'm hoping to play Destiny on a PS3 at the GFs and have the same save work on my PS4 at home. I'd like it even more if my Xbox One and PS4 saves worked in unison but I don't expect that to come true.
There's been no official word yet, but I'd go with no considering there's been nothing shown that has Destiny connecting to a unified online service like Bungie.net. No connection to that sort of service, no cross-platform character access.

Spawnling

They haven't outlined what content will be included in the beta have they?

Not specifically. We only know it's more inline to all the features present for game launch. But nothing is certain.

Personally, I'm hoping for a few ViDoc's to ramp up right before the beta to explain everything to folks that haven't been following this game.

Caayn

So from what i understand tomorow we will be able to chose wich console we want our beta for?

When i pre ordered my game i went on the bungie site and input my 12 letter code that i got on the EB receipt. Did we not already chose our console of choice when doing that??? i dont really remember.

So where exactly will Destiny send me this OTHER beta code?
According to the Bungie site you'll receive an e-mail with more information in it and most likely a link where you can select your platform.

Platform selection and Beta download code generation will be available in 2014. An email will be sent to your verified email address when beta download codes are available.

Bungie doesn't know which beta version to give you because:
1. Those codes where generated from one master code.
2. Those codes are given in a random order at stores.
3. People might want a different Beta version than the version that they pre-ordered. (Like me for example, I've got two codes :D )

Skele7on

Banned
I'm still wondering the same. It should work but someone mentioned he had trouble with the Alpha using different accounts so I'm worried.

as long as you set the other profile or both profiles to being your primary PS4 you'll be fine. I currently already use US games on an UK PS4

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'm still wondering the same. It should work but someone mentioned he had trouble with the Alpha using different accounts so I'm worried.
I had that issue because I was getting US codes and they wouldn't work for the NZ PSN. Once I logged into the US PSN and downloaded the alpha, I could play it fine through my NZ login.

KeRaSh

as long as you set the other profile or both profiles to being your primary PS4 you'll be fine. I currently already use US games on an UK PS4

I had that issue because I was getting US codes and they wouldn't work for the NZ PSN. Once I logged into the US PSN and downloaded the alpha, I could play it fine through my NZ login.

Thanks for the info! I suspected the issue the pther person had was only with redeeming region specific codes, not playing the actual downloaded game. This erased any fears I had left. Will cancel my pre order from Amazon UK and just buy US PSN cards for the Guardian Edition.

Now the only question is if downloading the Beta from the EU store and unlocking the emblem on the 26th does not carry over to the full game downloaded from the US store. It should all be tied to my EU account, which I use to log in on Bungie.net and play the actual game, right?

Skele7on

Banned
Thanks for the info! I suspected the issue the pther person had was only with redeeming region specific codes, not playing the actual downloaded game. This erased any fears I had left. Will cancel my pre order from Amazon UK and just buy US PSN cards for the Guardian Edition.

Now the only question is if downloading the Beta from the EU store and unlocking the emblem on the 26th does not carry over to the full game downloaded from the US store. It should all be tied to my EU account, which I use to log in on Bungie.net and play the actual game, right?

correct the emblem is attached to YOUR destiny profile aka gamertag/psn tag.

It's not attached to the actual game :) so you'll be fine with the cross region content emblem ect ect.

Hope this clears it up.

EDIT:

I just had a though about the exclusive emblems ghost/ship stuff it might not carry across to both profiles, I will sleuth and see, but I shouldn't be a problem as when I had my reach legendary edition, the flaming helmet/map packs went across all profiles as long as it was on the singular console....

SnakeEyes

Banned
Nope, it'll probably work the same as DLC does so it'd have to be from the same region as what the beta was that unlocked it. I may be wrong, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if this is not the case.

Skele7on

Banned
Nope, it'll probably work the same as DLC does so it'd have to be from the same region as what the beta was that unlocked it. I may be wrong, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if this is not the case.

Well I'm going from past Halo experience with this for my answer, I had a US profile and then moved to the UK and all DLC was fine, The only game that had specific locks and became a nightmare was COD but that was due to violence restrictions.

With all my reach emblems they were associated with my US account, yet worked flawlessly on my UK edition.

Caayn

Well I'm going from past Halo experience with this for my answer, I had a US profile and then moved to the UK and all DLC was fine, The only game that had specific locks and became a nightmare was COD but that was due to violence restrictions.

With all my reach emblems they were associated with my US account, yet worked flawlessly on my UK edition.
That's correct but DLC is (iirc) region free on Xbox. So that's probably the reason why it worked with Reach.

KeRaSh

Well my guess is they only see the account that is currently playing the game, which would be my EU account and that is the account linked to my Bungie profile. Therefore anything I unlock with that account will still be there when I play the game from the US store with my same EU account.
Well, it's just a player emblem anyways so no big deal. The DLC will already be paid for through the Guardian Edition so when the time comes I can just download it from the US store and keep playing with my EU account.

Skele7on

Banned
DLC was definitely region locked on the PS3 and I'm pretty sure it's still that way on the PS4.

I just read and yes actual paid DLC is region locked.

But as the emblem for beta is linked onto your account it'll be fine.

Also as long as all your DLC is downloaded on the US account you bought the Digital Guardian edition on and you set that account as your primary ps4 you'll be then able to access it on the EU account.

Awesome trailer, I love everything about it. Except, the voice over, my god he is terrible I don't think he suits the game at all. They better replace him soon cause he is already getting on my nerves. Really weird too, as I cannot recall last time I had an issue with a narrator.

Here's what I've found regarding sharing the game on multiple accounts:

In a FAQ posted to its official website, Sony explained the process: Each PS4 user will have a registered "primary console," and once they download games on that console, anyone — even folks using different logins — can play them. Moreover, if you've got a PlayStation Plus subscription on the account bound to your primary console, all the users on that console can enjoy "certain benefits," including online multiplayer.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/26/5031066/playstation-4s-digital-game-sharing-policies-explained

This causes another (minor) problem, though: if I buy Destiny on my US account and I'm visiting a friend, I won't be able to play Destiny on his console with my main (EU) account (?) I guess it doesn't matter 99% of the time anyway.

TheWolfie

Neo Member
I wanna play the beta but I kinda wanna keep my first experience epic in September, anybody else in the same boat? Will what we play in the Beta be seen in the physical release of the game?

Murdoch

Awesome trailer, I love everything about it. Except, the voice over, my god he is terrible I don't think he suits the game at all. They better replace him soon cause he is already getting on my nerves. Really weird too, as I cannot recall last time I had an issue with a narrator.

I've not played the game but totally agree with this. It's unbelievable how bad/flat he sounds. This is coming from the same developers who brought possibly THE best game announcer to the masses "Unfreakinbelievable!"

Brohan

Does anyone know the specifics on where we select our platform today for the Beta?

We are supposed to get a mail today, I'm pretty sure there will be a link in that mail which directs you to where you need to be to choose your platform.

If not i think you will have to go to the bungie site, i think i read that they are updating the site today to incorporate some changes that are needed for the Beta and the actual release.

Is there a link to the special emblem designs? I'm trying to keep myself ignorant about the game so that its a massive awesome surprise....decisions..

No, just this:

Q. Do I get something cool for playing the Destiny Beta?

Yup! Play the Destiny Beta on Saturday, July 26th, beginning at 2PM PDT, to earn an exclusive emblem for the retail version of Destiny. We’ll also be delivering some fun and unexpected surprises throughout the Beta!

http://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=11643

purg3

slept with Malkin
Does anyone know the specifics on where we select our platform today for the Beta?

From their FAQ page
Q. I’ve already redeemed my Destiny Beta code on Bungie.net. Now what?

On July 10th, you’ll be able to visit your profile page on Bungie.net and select the platform of your choice. For PlayStation systems, you’ll also need to select a region.

On July 17th, we’ll begin emailing PlayStation players their Destiny Beta codes.

On July 23rd, we’ll begin emailing Xbox players their Destiny Beta codes.

Destiny Beta codes will also be visible via your Account Profile/Redeemed Codes page, secured behind your login credentials.

ButchCat

I'm only interested in more DLC and it seems none of the collector's editions add anything substantial outside the season pass. I could do without the skins and emblems.

Top Bottom