• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie Day Thread: Beta news, collector's edition, and more!

I keep hearing of Halo 3's following. It was great... but i've got to be the only gaffer who preferred Halo 2 over it in ever way.

you are not, i greatly prefer halo 2 to halo 3. halo 3 is still great though.

the pike in destiny almost reminds me of my beloved chopper from halo 3, alas it is not as good at running people over.

Dajanksta

Banned
When do we receive the beta code if you pre-ordered on psn? I see via bungie there is already a place on their site to redeem the beta.

horse-5.jpg

Nay

Trouble

Banned
Well, I can't find the post I was going to reply with this, since I had to wait until I got home from work to make it.

pTy1HDT.png

Thanks for the Reply

hopefully that Amazon glitch still works
i have no money in my card, will it still work doesnanybody know?

Thanks in advance

Number45

Clan cap is at 150 and we have easily well over 500 people in ps4 groups alone, shit is going to get messy
I thought we were going to have an alliance umbrella group?

I'll be part of the "PS4-Destiny-Old-Git-Who-Doesn't-Have-Enough-Time-To-Play-UK-GAF"... clan.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Say I play this on 360:

1) Do I need Gold for the beta? And if so (which I presume), will a trial suffice? Not tryna renew my gold proper for 3ish days of beta.
2) Will the full game require Gold or can I run through solo components without it?
3) Any word on cross-platform saves yet? Particularly the possibility of 360 -> PS4?

SnakeEyes

Banned
You guys aren't ever going to let me live that down, are you?
Hell No.

So what's the point of the Bungie account besides beta access? Is it mandatory for every Destiny player or no?
Access to the Clan/Group/Alliance pages and forums via Bungie.net and it'll probably also be required for the upcoming Destiny companion app, which will carry your characters, weapons, progress etc.

Well, I can't find the post I was going to reply with this, since I had to wait until I got home from work to make it.
pTy1HDT.png
Absolutely stunning!

Say I play this on 360:
1) Do I need Gold for the beta? And if so (which I presume), will a trial suffice? Not tryna renew my gold proper for 3ish days of beta.
2) Will the full game require Gold or can I run through solo components without it?
3) Any word on cross-platform saves yet? Particularly the possibility of 360 -> PS4?

1) Yes, Gold/PS+ is required even for the Beta. During the alpha, the wording in-game was that Explore and Story were available without the need for an active online subscription, but the Strikes/Crucible did need it. I couldn't really test that however, as I have PS+.

2) See above, same thing.

3) No word on any cross-platform connectivity at all. Wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't any, at least until Destiny 2 and the possible ditching of previous-gen consoles.

3) No word on any cross-platform connectivity at all. Wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't any, at least until Destiny 2 and the possible ditching of previous-gen consoles.

Yeah. Don't count on cross platform stuff until Destiny 2 and the ditching of last gen. But it should be doable, considering all the character data is located on Bungie's end and not at the end user.

Well this is the first trailer that has made the game look exciting so kudos to Activision then

I actually agree with that. A lot of the previous trailers felt very eh to me (and quite a lot of other people). It was only really the Alpha that made me hyped for Destiny once more. The Beta trailer was great, on the other hand (or maybe I just felt that because I am hyped).

Or it was really well edited, good pace and with a good, simple, music choice.
Meh, it was the B-roll footage we saw earlier with a bunch of text splash. The IGN Video on the special editions was more interesting to me, and that was straight-up advertising. I like Bungie's style of ViDoc, and stuff like this just turns me off.

Flipyap

Meh, it was the B-roll footage we saw earlier with a bunch of text splash. The IGN Video on the special editions was more interesting to me, and that was straight-up advertising. I like Bungie's style of ViDoc, and stuff like this just turns me off.
The post you quoted only mentioned trailers. It's quite likely that most people haven't seen their more interesting dev diaries and IGN-exclusive features.
When Bungie decided to (or was finally allowed) end the nearly year-long lack of new footage with a lengthy trailer, it took B-roll footage to get people excited for this game (some of the same clips ended up in this trailer). A commercial for a retailer exclusive pre-order bonus texture was the highlight of their last "media explosion".
I don't think this trailer was especially nicely edited either, but it was more action packed than the previous ones and some people are more into that.

X-Frame

Apparently the Digital Guardian Edition is available from Amazon now. Can someone clarify any differences between buying it from them versus PSN? I assume PSN has the benefit of automatic pre-loading? But otherwise no difference?

The post you quoted only mentioned trailers. It's quite likely that most people haven't seen their more interesting dev diaries and IGN-exclusive features.
When Bungie decided to (or was finally allowed) end the nearly year-long lack of new footage with a lengthy trailer, it took B-roll footage to get people excited for this game (some of the same clips ended up in this trailer). A commercial for a retailer exclusive pre-order bonus texture was the highlight of their last "media explosion".
I don't think this trailer was especially nicely edited either, but it was more action packed than the previous ones and some people are more into that.
Yeah, I can see that. I thought the moon trailer last October was pretty badass. It hasn't really been clear what each video qualifies as, though. I remember a lot of people were confused and put off by the reveal.

todd360

beta build... so, yes

Leo7AMm.png

I checked the trophy list for the full game and that is a trophy that is in it. Its hard to believe that the beta will have trophies if they aren't exclusive beta trophies. I'm guessing they just don't have them disabled in the beta ign is playing. I guess we will see on the 17th though.

Top Bottom