• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie Day Thread: Beta news, collector's edition, and more!

Korben

Banned
Quick reminder of the beta timeline:

kdsgZzi.jpg

SAiLO

Pre-ordered Ghost edition from amazon.de and Game UK just in case. Just to be safe. ONLY two months left.

Anyone from UK GAF considering getting the Digital special edition? If I get credit for PSN with my amazon vouchers it would be under £60..

WITHE1982

Quick reminder of the beta timeline:

kdsgZzi.jpg

So... 2PM PST on the 26th July will be 11pm in the UK. I want the "exclusive" emblem so don't want to miss out in the UK. I'm guessing that runs until 8am on the 27th UK time (which equates to midnight on the 26th PST which I'm guessing is when the BETA will end)

Really need to wrap my head around this whole Bungie time difference thing.

So... 2PM PST on the 26th July will be 11pm in the UK. I want the "exclusive" emblem so don't want to miss out in the UK. I'm guessing that runs until 8am on the 27th UK time (which equates to midnight on the 26th PST which I'm guessing is when the BETA will end)

Nope, 10PM UK time.

€100 for the Digital Guardian Edition + €100 for the Playstation Gold headset + the €50 I already paid for Playstation Plus...

Playing Destiny is getting real expensive

Brohan

So... France still doesn't have Destiny's collectors editions available.

mhgQprb.gif

Help me.

Same here in the Benelux.

I tried doing it via the Bungie website but it says there aren't any retailers with the special editions in my region.

I guess we got to be patient a little longer.

Caayn

Same here in the Benelux.

I tried doing it via the Bungie website but it says there aren't any retailers with the special editions in my region.

I guess we got to be patient a little longer.
Gamemania (NL) is accepting pre-orders for the vanguard, limited and Ghosts editions.

Magni

Where can I preorder the Digital Guardian edition and get access to the Beta (XB1) ? I'm not seeing it as an option on the Destiny website.

Skele7on

Banned
Where can I preorder the Digital Guardian edition and get access to the Beta (XB1) ? I'm not seeing it as an option on the Destiny website.

Not happening dude, Xbox.com doesn't have any Digital Pre Orders up.

What a Mess Microsoft is in with this kind of thing.

I would literally pre order the digital version of upcoming games in a heart beat if I could, if they also gave me the option to buy them there and then that'd be double awesome.

I don't get how Playstation are so on the ball with this, yet Microsoft who has a massive experience with digital preorders for OS's ect doesn't get why they need to offer this service.

It being an always online, ect ect, I really don't see split screen happening.

Second screen as in mobile/tablet extended experience stuff. They did a super brief test with the alpha, and I'm curious to see if they will expand on functionality in the beta.

Tekku

I've never seen so much hype for a beta. It's almost like it's a game of its own.

Can't wait for the 17th. It's gonna be epic.

Skele7on

Banned
Second screen as in mobile/tablet extended experience stuff. They did a super brief test with the alpha, and I'm curious to see if they will expand on functionality in the beta.

My bad, read fast, wanted to give quick reply I messed up.

I'm sure they'll bring more to the tablet across the beta as they want to test all functionality ahead of launch.

ElRenoRaven

I've never seen so much hype for a beta. It's almost like it's a game of its own.

Can't wait for the 17th. It's gonna be epic.

You can thank the Alpha for that. If people hadn't gotten to play the alpha and seen how awesome the game is then I doubt there would be any hype except a few of us. The alpha really did a great job of turning the tide of opinion on this game.

Kuro

Damn, I'm going to be on vacation on the 26th. Might have to get a friend to get on the beta on my account or something.

Tekku

You can thank the Alpha for that. If people hadn't gotten to play the alpha and seen how awesome the game is then I doubt there would be any hype except a few of us. The alpha really did a great job of turning the tide of opinion on this game.

Yeah I didn't play the alpha myself but I saw the overwhelming reactions it got. Was pretty awesome to follow. :)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
tempted to go digital guardian to save the $5 on the expansion pass, but $30 is a lot to spend on top of a game that i'm not sure how invested i'll be in. destiny is also supposed to be quite massive and between my wife, my kids, my job, our new house, and the boat load of other games i'm dying for this fall, i'm not sure how much time i'll really get to invest in that world. i'll likely pick up each expansion individually (or the expansion pass), if at all, when i've felt i've exhausted the game without.

of course all my plans may go out the window when i've played an become enamored/addicted to the beta or hear the actual content of each expansion.

I would literally pre order the digital version of upcoming games in a heart beat if I could, if they also gave me the option to buy them there and then that'd be double awesome.

I don't get how Playstation are so on the ball with this, yet Microsoft who has a massive experience with digital preorders for OS's ect doesn't get why they need to offer this service.

I wouldn't doubt that at some point in the future, MS will introduce pre-order/pre-loading for digital releases. They've been pretty on-the-ball for all of their updates thus far.

Magni

WTF? So should I just preorder on Amazon for now and cancel later? Is that my best option?

This so much.

I don't have a XBone yet but I've been using the PS4 and it's pre order, pre load stuff seems awesome. Even Destiny already has a upgrade for people who want to upgrade there digital pre order. I told my buddy to do that. When he told me there was no digital pre orders on Xbox my mind was blown.

Pre-loading on Xbox is on the dock for upcoming updates. Obviously, I think everyone is hopefully it's in one of the next two updates so it's an option for the big fall games.

True, I thought it looked boring in videos

Then I played it...

You missed something truly gigantic. Destiny's hype doesn't even come close to Halo 3's.

But to be fair, no game probably ever will.

I keep hearing of Halo 3's following. It was great... but i've got to be the only gaffer who preferred Halo 2 over it in ever way.

I'm kind of disappointed that the Beta is only 10 days. I was hoping it would be at least 1 month. I'm guessing it'll only have a little bit more content than the Alpha too, like maybe just one more area. The wait for the September launch is going to be so long.

Kyoufu

I'm kind of disappointed that the Beta is only 10 days. I was hoping it would be at least 1 month. I'm guessing it'll only have a little bit more content than the Alpha too, like maybe just one more area. The wait for the September launch is going to be so long.

Not if you keep yourself occupied with TLOU!

see Dax

Top Bottom