• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie Day Thread: Beta news, collector's edition, and more!

Bsigg12

Blah. Why can't they just say in black and white if the guardian digital pack includes the first two dlc's. If it doesn't I'll buy the 99 ce.

Watch the unboxing video on IGN's YouTube. I'm pretty sure in there they straight up said it comes with it.

zebwinz

No it does not: http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-for-Collectors/en/News/News?aid=11642

Edit* It doesn't include the Expansion Pass but does have:

I'm pretty sure the Digital Guardian edition comes with the expansions.

For example, if you buy Dead Rising 3: Premium edtion for $89.99, it comes with all of the season pass content included but you don't have to download the season pass "code" separate.

Whereas if you buy the physical Limited Edition of Destiny, you'll most likely have to enter/redeem the Season Pass code included in the packaging.

That's why they list it as a "reservation" for the expansions with the Digital Guardian edition, and not the Expansion Pass.

RoKKeR

kick me if old

phobos1.jpg

Damn that's awesome, nice catch.

They do.

It is included.

Edit: NVM, it says a "reservation" for the DLC...what in the hell.
Reservation sounds like it'll automatically download when it comes out to the digital version (instead of having a code). At least I hope. if the expansions are for sure included, probably the first retail game I'll go digital on .

Xamdou

Second vid, spoken by devs.

The text there lists it as well.

The video did say all collector's editions have the season pass yes but the ign text says the same exact thing from the bungie link I posted earlier:

Finally, there's also an $89.99 Digital Guardian Edition for those looking to skip the disc version of the game. It includes a digital download of the game, early access to Vanguard armory and player emblem pre-order bonuses, a reservation for upcoming Destiny expansions "The Dark Below" and "House of Wolves" (each of which includes new Story missions, cooperative and competitive multiplayer arenas, and a "wealth" of new weapons, armor, and gear), and the aforementioned Collector's Edition Digital Content. You can also grab it Amazon.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
The video did say all collector's editions have the season pass yes but the ign text says the same exact thing from the bungie link I posted earlier:

Reservation is just lawyer talk for included. It's included, but obviously not available when you first get the game on 9/9.

wowlace

Microsoft started this trend. how does it feel xbox owners ?

Crazy, it'll end being a couple of shitty weapons or skins. Meanwhile PS4 owners still haven't seen Titanfall.

Was excited for the game...with this garbage beta for xbox gamers and more exclusive crap in each of the expansions...not buying

Bullshit, you will be day one. Quit it with this ostensible crap xboners.

Am I the only one, who is hoping, that an EU court (or any other court) declares this 3rd party timed exclusive and exclusive DLC in general as illegal? I'm so fucking sick of this...

Wow.

Is the only way to get into the beta by pre ordering? I tried the alpha and found myself extremely confused as to what the heck I was doing and why I was doing anything. Want to give it another shot before deciding.

Is the only way to get into the beta by pre ordering? I tried the alpha and found myself extremely confused as to what the heck I was doing and why I was doing anything. Want to give it another shot before decidind.
Yup. Just preorder on Amazon, get the code, then cancel if you decide you don't want it. Amazon doesn't charge until the game ships.

Yup. Just preorder on Amazon, get the code, then cancel if you decide you don't want it. Amazon doesn't charge until the game ships.

Hm might do this. I am in Australia so wouldn't end up ordering from Amazon but assuming you can just receive the key and cancel(as wrong as this might be) I will give it a shot.

Thanks

EDIT: Looks like pre ordering at my local EB will also give a code. Might just chuck $10 on it and if I don't like it I can just move that to something else.

Well it looks like the Ghost Edition of Destiny for PS4 is sold out at Amazon AND GameStop now. Crud. Now my brother is upset at me for not preordering one for him when they were available. =/

Good luck Dax.

bigDave

Reservation is just lawyer talk for included. It's included, but obviously not available when you first get the game on 9/9.

Hi Urk!

I was wondering if the Expansion pass will work only with those two expansions or for all upcoming

Skele7on

Banned
I am pretty mad at the UK

The ghost edition is £150, seriously guys that works out to $257 dollars.

Still buying as I love me some destiny but serious a considering downgrading.

It was a wonderful bungie day though all the info was so so good!

I am pretty mad at the UK

The ghost edition is £150, seriously guys that works out to $257 dollars.

Still buying as I love me some destiny but serious a considering downgrading.

It was a wonderful bungie day though all the info was so so good!

Just buy the LE on Amazon for £88 otherwise you are just paying £62 for the ghost replica, up to you obviously but the less people that support being ripped off like this the better

Skele7on

Banned
Just buy the LE on Amazon for £88 otherwise you are just paying £62 for the ghost replica, up to you obviously but the less people that support being ripped off like this the better

I was actually thinking of doing the US digital collectors edition.

That way it works out as 55 pounds via Xbox store.

I'm so mad as this is a blatent activision cash grab just like the call of duty XXL edition, ten years of this -_- ERGH.

How the $150 (87.50) plus whatever regional tax is added works out to 150 ($257) is absolutely incredible.

Might even ask my buddy who works for activision for a price breakdown.

Caayn

I feel for our Australian and British gaffers who're forced to buy their special editions at one store. That never does the price any good. Not that the price for those editions is fair in Europe, respectively €110 ($150) for the limited and €160 ($217) for the Ghost edition. So we pay the price of the ghost edition for the limited edition...
I find it insane that both the PS4 and Xbox One Ghost editions are sold out on Amazon.
For once in a blue moon a limited edition is actually limited. Bungie has taken some steps I don't like with Destiny but I support them with this move.

Bsigg12

Dat new gen thirst brah.

It has to be the Peter Dinklage in a motion sensing toy that has caused all this.

For once in a blue moon a limited edition is actually limited. Bungie has taken some steps I don't like with Destiny but I support them with this move.

I wonder if Activision has finally figured out that pumping out tens of thousands of a $150 Collectors edition results in that edition not being as attractive as it should be? I mean they were really bad about the Call of Duty ones.

Stimpack

I'm sorry, I haven't followed any of this very closely. Is this basically going to be what we already saw in alpha, but with some more polish?

Stimpack

It will have more polish and also more content than the alpha, but we don't know what exactly yet.

Hm. Wish they would have said something about what the content would be. I definitely don't want to do that same strike mission again. I think the Alpha only had the one storyline mission, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's where most of the new content will be.

I guess it's just a wait-and-see thing.

Top Bottom