• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie releases Destiny Trailer: "The Moon", beta coming [Up: Game release in Spring]

Literally the only worry I have right now about this game is that the competitive multiplayer isn't super unbalanced. They've stated you can enter matches with whatever weapons you have in the main game, so if you have a rocket launcher or something that could get crazy. Hopefully they have come up with something to keep that from becoming annoying.

I want to trust Bungie because of Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3 MP, but then on the other side there is armor lock...

Anyone else surprised by how good the graphics look?

Gives me a killzone vibe in certain parts. Not quite as good looking, but given the scale I was expecting it to look more current-gen (like TitanFall). But this easily passes as next-gen to me.

Lucent

Spring is when I buy the PS4. Infamous: Second Son and Destiny. I'm in.

This is looking to be how I'm gonna go about it. I really wanted to get the PS4 first, but Killzone is the only game I'm interested in for PS4 at the moment and I'm busy with school so I'll get the XBO first with DR3/KI/Project Spark Beta.

I hope this is really good though. Just sounds like a nice concept. Borderlands was cool with the random guns but it didn't take long for those guns to be pointless to where you just sold them or ignored them.

eshwaaz

Animation is really stiff. Character animation has never been one of Bungie's strengths, but still disappointing to see such mechanical movement.

Still very curious about the game, at the very least.

ElRenoRaven

Anyone else surprised by how good the graphics look?

Gives me a killzone vibe in certain parts. Not quite as good looking, but given the scale I was expecting it to look more current-gen (like TitanFall). But this easily passes as next-gen to me.

Not one bit. Bungie's games have always looked damn good. They may not be photo realistic but they always have great particle work and other smaller details that just add up to make a damn good looking game.

Stark

Banned
I find it really neat they took some well-known rumours regarding how there's a mining field on the moon from the aliens and made it into this. Also, sort of looks like some of the pictures I've seen. Good stuff.

PC release with ps4/xb1 multi plat play please bungie.... please :(

Sony might be okay with allowing cross platform multiplayer, but the get Microsoft in on that action would take an act of a higher power than has ever existed at this point. Especially since they would then have to allow cross platform play among all three systems and that won't ever happen again.

Before the fighting groups come in saying FFXI, blahblahblahblah, I know that Microsoft allowed it once before. So is it completely impossible? No. Is it as likely as an alien monkey coming to Earth from the anus of an interstellar spider queen based on the surface of the Sun covered in molten lava? Why yes it is.

I'm sure all any and all versions will not play nice with one another when released. If Sony gets Bungie/Activision to agree to cross system support on PS4/PC on one of the subsequent releases then I think it MIGHT be something Microsoft budge on. Until Sony make the move for a huge play that threatens Microsoft's online dominance of shooters you won't see Microsoft leading in any way shape or form with regards to opening their silly, precious, and beautiful proprietary network.

GhaleonEB

Trying to pre-order on bestbuy.com I get this message:

We cannot accept credit cards that expire within 15 days of a pre-order shipment date. Please check your expiration date for accuracy or use a different credit card.

I get that when trying to use a card that expires in Nov. 2013, as well as a different card that expires in Nov. 2014.

Doesn't that mean it's actually impossible to pre-order at all from them?

GrizzNKev

Banned

I get that when trying to use a card that expires in Nov. 2013, as well as a different card that expires in Nov. 2014.

I...think? What other options do you have?

You could preorder it on Amazon to get a code then just go pick up a physical copy on launch day. There's always plenty of extras.

BladeSinner

Neo Member
Sweet!

hDIXAW3.jpg

broony

Just got my code from Amazon.com

When you enter your code, you can also enter those codes off the trading cards they have been giving out over the summer.

If anyone needs them they are:

Warlock
YKA-RJG-MH9
Hunter
3DA-P4X-F6A
Titan
MVD-4N3-NKH
Rixis
TCN-HCD-TGY
Old Russia
HDX-ALM-V4K

Enter them here:
http://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption

You can then veiw your redeemed codes here:
http://www.bungie.net/en/User/redeemedcodes

The trading card codes are listed as:

Destiny Collector's Card #1

Check back in 2014 to see what you’ve unlocked!

Oct 1 2013

Destiny Collector's Card #2

Oct 1 2013

Destiny Collector's Card #3

Oct 1 2013

Destiny Collector's Card #4

Oct 1 2013

Destiny Collector's Card #5

Oct 1 2013

Looks great. So incredibly pleased that Bungie is no longer subject to the bullshit that is the console war. No more unwarranted hate now that the Playstation folk can see for themselves why they're one of the best devs in the industry right now.

Some Nobody

A beta is the perfect thing to test my interest in this game. I REALLY hate FPSes but this world Bungie is crafting looks pretty slick, so I'm going to give it a shot.

Monocle

The art style looks more generic with every trailer. I really wish something about Destiny would grab me the same way Halo did, but no luck so far. Hopefully the gameplay will feel right, at least.

Literally the only worry I have right now about this game is that the competitive multiplayer isn't super unbalanced. They've stated you can enter matches with whatever weapons you have in the main game, so if you have a rocket launcher or something that could get crazy. Hopefully they have come up with something to keep that from becoming annoying.

I want to trust Bungie because of Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3 MP, but then on the other side there is armor lock...

It will be balanced around ammo, just because you have a super epic rocket launcher dosent mean you can fire it until you grab som ammo or kill someone with ammo. Anyway i dont really care if its super balanced there will always be people around firing guns throwing powers around.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson

Best Buy will check that card about every 30 days. You will see temporary charges. Do not use a checking account visa or you will essentially have a $60 temporary charge until Destiny ships.

I really hope that's not how it works out. Feels like Bungie has been the last major company that has rejected all this progression/unlock stuff in competitive multiplayer.

Portugeezer

Gold Member
This part made me laugh...

"From the creators of Halo"

"And the company who brought you Call Of Duty"

They've been doing that for a while now. It's to entice both Halo and COD fans, potentially a huge market (despite COD having nothing to do with this game).

BladeSinner

Neo Member
I was referring about the beta codes from Amazon. I've pre-ordered the game and I haven't got one yet.

Yes I ordered mine 24 hours ago, and received the beta code from Amazon about 6 hours ago :) You should receive your beta code from amazon within 1 business day of your pre-order purchase.

If guns carry over to mp it will get boring really fast. It means you won't get better, more powerful gear then what you find right at the start. Defiance did this also and not finding better gear was really boring.

Top Bottom