• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie's announcement canceled, confirming once again that E3 sucks

TDG

Banned
Linkzg said:
I really don't care that they didn't show it. I didn't know about it a day or two ago, so I'll just act as if they weren't trying to build up fake hype.
Remember, the hype was not fake. Bungie built the hype, Microsoft cancelled the announcement.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Hey guys, can't you see what we're all doing? Getting mad, hysterical, going crazy?

And what has the SI been telling us to do? REMAIN CALM, KEEP IT CLEAN.

Don't you see? It may all be just a marketing ploy.

ari

Banned
I think this E3 just confirms the state of the industry.

I mean, look at the fucking wii, outselling something like the xbox and ps3? WTF?

GhaleonEB

Cocopjojo said:
Wow.

Just wow.
Wait. Bungie was hinting at the conference?! Then changed it to Wednesday, only to have it cancelled?

That ties to the hint in the podcast about the 17th. Holy shit.

kbear

Linkzg said:
I really don't care that they didn't show it. I didn't know about it a day or two ago, so I'll just act as if they weren't trying to build up fake hype.
That's the same way I feel. Just found out there was an announcement like yesterday so it's no big loss for me, personally...

but it must suck for people who have been anticipating this for a month or two

Kibbles

Domino Theory said:
Hey guys, can't you see what we're all doing? Getting mad, hysterical, going crazy?

Que epiphany.

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
trihunter said:
Many of those who were eagerly waiting for the latest developments from Bungie are sorely disappointed with this recent news.

This is the most hilariously understated post I have read on GAF in ages.

Kibbles said:
Look what you've done Microsoft.

kitten_die.jpg

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Sony is busy purchasing exclusivity of Bungies next game as a result of the FFXIII fanboy backlash. Thats the only explanation.

:lol

GreekWolf

Jtyettis said:
I mean this could be one heck of a ploy when you think about it too save Luke's response.
No way. Luke has already stated that this is NOT a ploy, and that they are as upset about this as we are.

Seems pretty cut and dry to me... MS screwed the pooch.

Mr Jared

Domino Theory said:

<---

Zzoram

permutated said:
Sony is busy purchasing exclusivity of Bungies next game as a result of the FFXIII fanboy backlash. Thats the only explanation.

:lol

Even if they tried, I'm sure MSFT would out bid them.

JimiNutz

Banned
I haven't really been following the announcement that closely but the more I read the more I think it's just another attempt at creating attention/creating publicity

Stolen from AgonisingNewt over at the xbox forums:

lets look at the last bungie update it said

-Major changes to the Halo 3 Online experience
-Sweet Announcements
-Poignant Clarifications
-Certain-point-of-view Truths
-Things you will love
-Things you will argue about
-Things you will make angry videos about

look at the last 2 it is talking about what is going on now

ALSO

look at the superintendents post

KEEP IT CLEAN
PLEASE REMAIN CALM
THERE WILL BE DELAYS

he is telling us to stay calm and keep it clean talking about the delay which they knew would happen which isnt actually gonna happen

ryan2215

Neo Member
PorkFryRice said:

really, a jackass move by Bungie and whoever else. Bungies been getting a pass so far b/c they passed the buck to their MYSTERIOUS publisher, but they, not the publisher are the ones who put up the countdown, whipped all THEIR fans up into a frenzy and then, right before a percieved christmas morning put the tree through the woodchipper and burned all the toys.

They, Bungie, are big boys now, and can't be forced by anybody to pull such a dick move like this, so, quit giving them a pass.

They could have stood up for their fans. It's as simple as,
publish->hey we don't think you should make this announcement now, why don't you pull it?
bungie->um, no.

We already know that Microsoft/EA/Activision/whoever suck, but now we know that Bungie cares about their fans just as much as those guys do, which is close to nothing as long as they can get soccer moms to buy their shiny boxes at wal-mart. Once they lose money a few quarters in a row, it's all about the fans. As long as they're selling, unmitigated arrogance.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
DancingJesus said:
GUYS

It's not going to happen stop trying to grab on false hope. Luke has already confirmed it's not a ploy or joke.

Okay? And Squeenix said "FFXIII cannot be done on other consoles".. ?

This goes exactly with what the SI is telling us. "REMAIN CALM" "KEEP IT CLEAN" "USE STAIRWAY (emphasizing people running around in panic)"

Wow the irony.

'EXPECT DELAYS'

Exactly.

PS2 KID

My guess is that Microsoft probably thought FF13 announcement was enough for E3 and decided to put 'THAT HALO BULLET' away for another day.

Bungie had no other choice but to listen to the demands of their 'Publisher' and I can't really blame them for this at all. They feel just as disappointed as the rest of us so take it easy on them.

FrankT

NutJobJim said:
I haven't really been following the announcement that closely but the more I read the more I think it's just another attempt at creating attention/creating publicity

Stolen from AgonisingNewt over at the xbox forums:

lets look at the last bungie update it said

-Major changes to the Halo 3 Online experience
-Sweet Announcements
-Poignant Clarifications
-Certain-point-of-view Truths
-Things you will love
-Things you will argue about
-Things you will make angry videos about

look at the last 2 it is talking about what is going on now

ALSO

look at the superintendents post

KEEP IT CLEAN
PLEASE REMAIN CALM
THERE WILL BE DELAYS

he is telling us to stay calm and keep it clean talking about the delay which they knew would happen which isnt actually gonna happen

If the shoe fits.

Top Bottom