• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie's announcement canceled, confirming once again that E3 sucks

mr stroke

godhandiscen said:
Marathon 3. Its long way overdue.

Sounds about right....
Halo is impossible on PS3
and you think MS would do a Halo anouncement on the press event.
so either-

Marathon 3
or maybe

Halo 3 PC?

Kuroyume said:
>>PARDON OUR DUST<<

PARDON OUR

DUST

DUST

DUST AS IN

PHANTOM DUST

PHANTOM DUST 2

AWESOME

Ah haha as much as I want this to happen there's no way in hell this is what it will be.

About the guy talking about some 6:30 PM announcement, you are the first I've heard to mention it so I think your friend must be fibbing.

TDG

Banned
Man, I can't wait to see what Bungie has for us next. :D

If the SI is just a red herring, I will be so pissed.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Anyone know anything about a Bungie announcement at 6:30 PM EST? My friend just texted me about it...
That's when the EA conference is, and I have heard (very inconclusive) mentions that Bungie might be announcing during EA.

Chris Remo said:
That's when the EA conference is, and I have heard (very inconclusive) mentions that Bungie might be announcing during EA.

As part of the EA conference?

That would be pretty fucking weird, leaving MS to get creative freedom then partnering with EA of all people.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Ok, so people are rumouring this project is not even going to be published by Microsoft, but by EA. WTF? Can Bungie betray its fanbase like that?

Also, this could be a multiplatform title. all this rumours are killing me, why the fuck wasn't this announced during the MS conference? WHY?

SuperBonk

godhandiscen said:
Ok, so people are rumouring this project is not even going to be published by Microsoft, but by EA. WTF? Can Bungie betray its fanbase like that?

Also, this could be a multiplatform title. all this rumours are killing me, why the fuck wasn't this announced during the MS conference? WHY?
Did you seriously question betrayal on today of all days?

GhaleonEB

godhandiscen said:

From the interviews around the time that Bungie split with Microsoft, MS was going to publish the first couple titles after the split. (Or at least, have first right of refusal. Not sure which it was.) I will be very surprised if it was multi-platform.

But then, this is E3, And it's all about surprises. :lol

GhaleonEB said:
From the interviews around the time that Bungie split with Microsoft, MS was going to publish the first couple titles after the split. (Or at least, have first right of refusal. Not sure which it was.) I will be very surprised if it was multi-platform.

Yeah I'm with Ghaleon, pretty sure this is going to be a 360 exclusive. Like mentioned on this Forum several times, Microsoft didn't mention several key things expected to be talked about today...Halo Wars, Halo: Chronicles, Peter Jackson's Halo, Bungie, the next Halo 3 DLC, Forza 3, the Newton, Ninja Blade...Looks like Microsoft is spreading out their love this year and has some more big announcements to come, Halo and Bungie announcements among them.

godhandiscen

GhaleonEB said:

No, I heard this for a while now, and it all points to EA. It seems is a Bungie partnership with EA, and I would hate if its multi platform. With EA as the publisher we at least know that it will hit the PS3 by means of another team.

Fuck this gen. You can take your FFXIII back Sony I don't want it no more.

Also, do people really believe Ninja Blade exists? If there is such a game, I expect something on X08.

GhaleonEB

godhandiscen said:
No, I heard this for a while now, and it all points to EA. It seems is a Bungie partnership with EA, and I would hate if its multi platform. With EA as the publisher we at least know that it will hit the PS3 by means of another team.

Fuck this gen. You can take your FFXIII back Sony I don't want it no more.

Also, do people really believe Ninja Blade exists? If there is such a game, I expect something on X08.
Heard what for a while now, and how does it point to EA? This is literally the first I've ever heard of this. And I pay attention to Bungie news, to put it lightly.

EazyB

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Heard what for a while now, and how does it point to EA? This is literally the first I've ever heard of this. And I pay attention to Bungie news, to put it lightly.
Yeah, where's this coming from godhand?

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Francias Castiglione said:
As part of the EA conference?

That would be pretty fucking weird, leaving MS to get creative freedom then partnering with EA of all people.
The EA-MS relationship is pretty cozy lately. Just sayin'.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
GhaleonEB said:

http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/10/interview-bungi.html

Probably the most concrete info we have about Bungie's future plans. Tons of little nuggets to mine.

pswii60

ToyMachine228 said:
Yeah I'm with Ghaleon, pretty sure this is going to be a 360 exclusive. Like mentioned on this Forum several times, Microsoft didn't mention several key things expected to be talked about today...Halo Wars, Halo: Chronicles, Peter Jackson's Halo, Bungie, the next Halo 3 DLC, Forza 3, the Newton, Ninja Blade...Looks like Microsoft is spreading out their love this year and has some more big announcements to come, Halo and Bungie announcements among them.
Basically. But MS's conference was long and pretty jam-packed with stuff, any more announcements could've been messy.

mr stroke

so no ones on the Marathon bangwagon uh? It makes sense considering Bungie wanted to get away from Halo for a bit?no?

Marathon PC&360 exclusive..

godhandiscen

EazyB said:
Yeah, where's this coming from godhand?
I was in Redwood city a while ago, in a tour of EA (school related), and supposedly they had a huge game in the works that was looking to capture the Halo feel. Previously, this same dude, had told us about Dead Space months before. So now I don't know what the fuck to believe after reading Kotaku's rumour.
mr stroke said:
so no ones on the Marathon bangwagon uh? It makes sense considering Bungie wanted to get away from Halo for a bit?no?

Marathon PC&360 exclusive..
This would be awesome. But I would have to get both versions. That wouldn't be so fun. Whatever it is, please be published by MS and please be 360 only.

ARGHHHH The Bungie web page changed again. All this points to EA partnership. FUCK FUCK FUCK!

Xabora

http://www.bungie.net/images/games/Reboot_homePage_03.jpg
Reboot_homePage_03.jpg

The wallpaper someone linked was numbered 3 but there were no others.

hmm......

GhaleonEB

According to HBO, the countdown ends 7:07:07 am on Wednesday. How perfect.

And just a reminder of what was at the end of the last Weekly Update:

Future Tense

As a reader, I can only imagine just how frustrating it is to not have any new information just yet. Rest assured, dear vengeful, hypertense reader many things are in motion. Many things. These numerous things include the following:

-Major changes to the Halo 3 Online experience
-Sweet Announcements
-Poignant Clarifications
-Certain-point-of-view Truths
-Things you will love
-Things you will argue about
-Things you will make angry videos about

godhandiscen

I am sweating cold right now. I won't be able to go to bed until The EA conference ends and no signs of Bungie are shown. Regradless, knowing the countdown ends on Wednesday helped me a lot.

EazyB

Banned
godhandiscen said:
I am sweating cold right now. I won't be able to go to bed until The EA conference ends and no signs of Bungie are shown. Regradless, knowing the countdown ends on Wednesday helped me a lot.
For sure, Bungie goes independent in order to partner with EA for a project... FUCK THAT.

godhandiscen said:
Wow, what is your problem with Bungie possibly being with EA? Most people (including Valve) say EA treats their partners well.

godhandiscen

EazyB said:
For sure, Bungie goes independent in order to partner with EA for a project... FUCK THAT.
Dude after the FFXIII I don't know if there is any sort of integrity in the bussiness of if it is really all about the money. To see Bungie going for the big bucks rather than creative freedom would hurt me a lot. Specially knowing they have a fanbase already invested in one sole console.
darkressurection said:
Wow, what is your problem with Bungie possibly being with EA? Most people (including Valve) say EA treats their partners well.
EA potentially owning a future Bungie IP and having a saying on what happens to it.

GhaleonEB

darkressurection said:
I have a lot of problems with EA. I think they are emblematic of much of what's wrong with the industry, and Bungie pretty much the opposite. It would be like Obama picking Clinton as his veep running mate. I'd still buy it, but hot damn I'd be a lot less happy about it.

EazyB said:
Halo 3 2009 with updated rosters (permutations) and better ragdoll animations. $60 plz.
This year: Halo Blue

Next year: Halo Red

EazyB

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
This year: Halo Blue

Next year: Halo Red
It's all coming together.

At least this will expand Halo's DLC. 400 space bucks per skull, 50 for a BR, 250 per permutation
except recon which goes for 77777777777

I'm so fucking confused. Are they doing something with Halo 3? , Halo in general? Will there be two versions? , Is it published by Microsoft? Is it even a 360 exclusive? Is it a janitor XBLA game?

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Or they could just be there to see the EA press conference.

Xun

I'm pretty sure it'll be published by Microsoft, since I seem to remember Microsoft and Bungie have a deal going on.

Top Bottom