• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Allman Bros Band drummer/cofounder Butch Trucks dead at 69

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/obituary/7669018/butch-trucks-dead-allman-brothers-band-drummer-founding-member

butch-trucks-2011-bw-billboard-1548.jpg

The Allman Brothers Band co-founder Butch Trucks has passed away at the age of 69.

No cause of death has yet been revealed for Trucks, who played drums alongside Jai "Jaimoe" Johnny Johanson throughout the Allmans' 46-year on-and-off history. He died Tuesday evening (Jan. 24) in West Palm Beach, Fla.

uniform

Sad news to read. With my work commute I listen daily to Live at Fillmore East, Eat a Peach, Brothers and Sisters.

:(

I was only lucky enough to see the Allman Brothers Band play once in 2004 at the Gorge, but man, those drummers were a force to be reckoned with. Butch played drums like a train rolling around a mountain and you couldn't help but get swept off your feet. Really sad day for music lovers. RIP Brother Butch.

SpaceHorror

http://societyofrock.com/update-butch-trucks-shocking-cause-of-death-revealed/

His death has been ruled a suicide.

Less than two days after former Allman Brothers Band drummer Butch Trucks died at the age of 69 at his home in West Palm Beach, Florida, it was announced that the drummer’s death has been ruled a suicide by authorities.

A report released today shows that Trucks took his own life on the night of January 24th via a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head; his wife Melinda, who sadly was with him at the time, immediately called 911 and was able to confirm that Butch was still breathing but by the time paramedics arrived on the scene, it was too late. The Palm Beach County Medical Examiner’s Office conducted an autopsy yesterday and don’t expect the results to come back for several weeks, though they made it clear that they don’t believe that foul play was involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom