• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cabal me excited - Destiny 2 Gameplay today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trace

Banned
Really hope they bring RNG back.

At least a little.

TTK broke more than it fixed in my book.

3oC being an especially dumb idea.

Also agreed on this. Exotics were "exotic" in that they were both extremely powerful and rare in Vanilla, kinda like Legendaries in WoW. It made every chance on them meaningful, the raid chests, nightfalls, etc. With TTK they kinda removed all that, especially with three of coins.

Didn't really help that the power of the exotic weapons dropped drastically with TTK as well.

From a scale of 30 to 60fps, how excited? 👀

Cuco you best brace yourself for some disappointment 👀

I don't think they will allow anyone to stream from the event. There will likely be an embargo on how long they have before they can post to their channels. My best guess is a few days after the event.

So hyped too though! Glad there haven't really been any leaks!

The email says there will be a live streaming, so aren'twe going to be able to watch something live?

Its my second most anticipated game this year behind mario
Odyssey, i cannot fucking wait to lose weeks of my life to this beast, i have about 300 hours in destiny 1 and thats nothing compared to others i know

Cabal me excited?
pRtoLLZ.gif

SoulClap

The less RNG with weapons/gear the better. Or at least have ways to mitigate RNG by re-introducing re-rolling. With that said, I'd be OK if they get rid of three of coins and make Xur matter again. Just don't do stupid shit like sell the same exotics over and over again.

GlamFM

Banned
The less RNG with weapons/gear the better. Or at least have ways to mitigate RNG by re-introducing re-rolling. With that said, I'd be OK if they get rid of three of coins and make Xur matter again. Just don't do stupid shit like sell the same exotics over and over again.

More RNG, but fixed stats (at least on raid gear and exotics)

Forgot about Xur! Yeah, they killed him entirely with TTK.

Remember how exciting Xur-day used to be?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Given your last statement, it sounds like Destiny just isn't for you, because that's why we play the game.

Right. that's what i was trying to say in the first place. Asking for lag free matches, fewer one hit kill weapons, better progression and loot system and 60 fps have been pretty much the mantra of Destiny gaf. So I am hardly alone. they just need to deliver. They key thing they need to nail which these so called 'bland' shooters are able to effortlessly replicate are gun balance and point and shoot mechanics. Destiny PvE works because you point and shoot at an enemy and you get instantaneous feedback. it's consistent. PvP is anything but.

I also just dont see why they cant do 60 fps and great visuals at the same time when pretty much every other FPS studio is able to do the same. Their textures and assets are very high res already, they just need a decent next gen lighting engine, better looking character models, foliage and some postprocessing effects to make it look next gen like Battlefield and Battlefront.

Midas

I would be okay with less RNG, if they managed to make drops exciting. That's what I miss the most, the excitement of getting a new weapon etc. There's no such feeling anymore.

Edit: I guess when you've played close to 2000 hours that you have everything, and maybe it'll be a bit exciting to get new guns in the beginning, but I so miss that Fatebringer dropping or my Gjallarhorn which I was awarded with after an Iron Banner match with 0.5 K/D or something. :lol

ViciousDS

Banned
i keep counting down with co-workers at work

its fucking awesome

I am so ready for just info info info gameplay gameplay gameplay BLOWOOOOOOUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTT.

So happy we won't have to wait that long as well this time either to get our hands on it. First reveal, beta within the next month most likely, then release 3 months later. Compared to the initial showing in 2013 which still is one of my favorite reveals of all time.

GGGAAAAHHHHHHH

Almost thinking taking off work to watch this shit, I am so fucking ready

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Curious as to how long the reveal will be. Only have about an hour and a half before I'll need to leave for work. Hopefully I can see all of the juicy stuff in that time and they don't drag it out.

Midas

Curious as to how long the reveal will be. Only have about an hour and a half before I'll need to leave for work. Hopefully I can see all of the juicy stuff in that time and they don't drag it out.

They're showing the reveal at selected cinema's in the UK. The ticket info say that it's around an hour. Not sure how valid that information is though. I hope that the stream doesn't end after the "keynote", but continues with interviews and such.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I would be okay with less RNG, if they managed to make drops exciting. That's what I miss the most, the excitement of getting a new weapon etc. There's no such feeling anymore.

Edit: I guess when you've played close to 2000 hours that you have everything, and maybe it'll be a bit exciting to get new guns in the beginning, but I so miss that Fatebringer dropping or my Gjallarhorn which I was awarded with after an Iron Banner match with 0.5 K/D or something. :lol
I got two Hawkmoons in one night in Vanilla. My group was livid LOL

They're showing the reveal at selected cinema's in the UK. The ticket info say that it's around an hour. Not sure how valid that information is though. I hope that the stream doesn't end after the "keynote", but continues with interviews and such.
That's what I was expecting and hoping for. I'm sure they'll do interviews and stuff. I'm just hoping that they show the gameplay before all the interviews. I can keep up with those through Twitter and GAF better than I can with gameplay footage.

GlamFM

Banned
Yup, then the excitement would turn to anger when I saw that he was selling Sunbreakers for the third time in four weeks.

I still prefer anger over no emotion at all.

We went from:

"HOLY SHIT!!!! I GOT THE FAAAATEEEEBRRRIIINGER"

To:

"I got the gloves"

"Did they come with the thing?"

"Yeah"

"Cool"

"Cool"

void666

Banned
I think some exotics should be obtainable through quests while for others you'd have to be blessed by RNGesus.
And i'm one of those unfortunate gjallarhornless guardians. Got my first one a week before the nerf hammer hit.

Midas

This summers gonna be a rough wait.

We'll get a beta though. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to grind the beta or just play it for a few hours and leave it be until the whole game is out. But who am I trying to fool? I'll probably play the beta 24/7 for a week.

I still prefer anger over no emotion at all.

We went from:

"HOLY SHIT!!!! I GOT THE FAAAATEEEEBRRRIIINGER"

To:

"I got the gloves"

"Did they come with the thing?"

"Yeah"

"Cool"

"Cool"

Bruh. Same.

I spent all of summer 2015 trying to get the Fatebringer. Literally from May to August, I was running 3 raids a week for it. Finally got it mid-August and was fucking jubilant. I never got that experience with the Gjallarhorn since I got it randomly one day before I even knew what it was (so glad I didn't break it down), but I was online with friends who would randomly get it and it was always amazing hearing their reactions.

I miss that.

I'm sad because my Hunter is losing her Sealed Ahakamara Grips.

There aren't any good pictures I can find, but basically, they give you silvery claws on the tips of your fingers and my hunter just looks so damn badass.

Admodieus

Bruh. Same.

I spent all of summer 2015 trying to get the Fatebringer. Literally from May to August, I was running 3 raids a week for it. Finally got it mid-August and was fucking jubilant. I never got that experience with the Gjallarhorn since I got it randomly one day before I even knew what it was (so glad I didn't break it down), but I was online with friends who would randomly get it and it was always amazing hearing their reactions.

I miss that.

The real problem with Year 1 was that the gulf between exotics/raid legendaries (Black Hammer, Fatebringer) and regular weapons was so, so wide that it basically became "The Hunt for Exotics". Nothing else mattered. Your ability to contribute in some encounters of raids was fundamentally altered once you got that RNG to roll your way.

They over-corrected in TTK (and later with RoI) because they tried to fix two sides of the same problem. One was the nerfing of exotics across the board to try and reduce power creep. The other was the new loot system that tried to give consistent drops for each encounter with certain light levels. Any gear you get from a King's Fall encounter is not going to be "OMG" worthy; some of it is good, some of it is okay, some of it is not so great. Coupled with the new exotics being just a slightly different spin or improved version of an existing weapon archetype, and you have diminishing motivation to run the endgame content like Nightfalls or Raids.

They can fix this in Destiny 2 by making it relatively easy to acquire legendaries that allow you to contribute readily to endgame content, but certain rare exotics should allow you to play hero ball if you should be so lucky to obtain them.

gjallarhornless guardians. Got my first one a week before the nerf hammer hit.

Same here.
And i basically no lifed destiny year one.
I think around 2000 hours.
Raids 3 times a week, crap ton of nightfalls etc.
Never got to experience what it was like to wield a true ghally.
Yet my clanmate had 6.

Fck RNG and may it rot in hell.

GlamFM

Banned
Same here.
And i basically no lifed destiny year one.
I think around 2000 hours.
Raids 3 times a week, crap ton of nightfalls etc.
Never got to experience what it was like to wield a true ghally.
Yet my clanmate had 6.

Fck RNG and may it rot in hell.

RNG made you play 2000 hrs though. And I bet you liked most of it.

How much would you have played if you had gotten the Horn within minutes with 3oC?

No ghally for me either when it was the new hot shit, and i played for literally days straight grinding, rng means "rigged-not-good"

Makikou

I got the gjally from my first Vault of Glass run. Atheon dropped the beautiful bastard.

Excited for Destiny 2 for sure. I hope they realized the cool, rare weapons like Fatebringer, Gjally etc made Vanilla Destiny so much better.

Wife and I are leaving for Cabo tomorrow morning with another couple so I am really hoping the wifi at the resort will save me or else I will be waiting till Sat night when we come back to watch the gameplay reveal. Sipping on some nice drinks sitting by the pool, watching the gameplay reveal would be ideal. :)

jeffc919

I think there's a nice balance somewhere that still has a lot of RNG but values the player's time. If I think back to year 1 the highlights for me were finally getting those elusive drops that took forever to get. But there could have been some simple changes to make duplicates less likely. Year 2 and 3 kind of lost that hook for me and I played the game a lot less.

As far as the complaint about having to spend more $ later on I don't agree with it. The amount of entertainment I got out of the game probably came out to pennies per hour. I'll gladly pay more for more content. As an example, as much as I love Titanfall 2 which is one of my favorite games in years, I wish I could pay more for a bunch of new maps like the original. The free maps are trickling in and it's great that the community doesn't get split but the game is over half a year old and there have only been 3 new maps for the core game modes.

duhmetree

If I remember correctly it took me 5 months of grinding for Gjally, got it right before HoW dropped. Roughly 40 Raids for a Vex... I was deleting and power-leveling characters.... the grind was real.... and sad.

I remember Luke Smith talking about it on a GiantBomb e3 interview... Destiny 2 needs that dopamine rush re-introduced... Not all of the loot needs to be acquired this way.

Bounties ( Y1 Thorn) + Missions ( Y3 Gjally, Swords ) + 'Secrets' ( Sleeper/Outbreak/Spindle) + Y1 RNG = a nice blend/variety for a looter shooter.

Calibos

How much would you have played if you had gotten the Horn within minutes with 3oC?

Had the opposite effect on me...RNG and pay walling content eventually made me hate the game...I still got my moneys worth (300 hours maybe?), but I ended up jaded and bitter over some of the DLC policies...but that's happened with most Activision money grabbing DLCs.

I just want more of everything the game has to offer. How about from the start...a fully fleshed out 25 hour story, 20 strikes, 5 Raids and 60 Exotics. A crafting system that rewards exploration and loot gathering, and seamless, living planets with small outposts and gathering areas.

Also, the system exclusive content BS really burns my pancakes...

void666

Banned

I was salty as fuck when i got my first ghorn after a whole year playing the game every day. But i don't hate RNG.
RNG is a core part of loot games.

<--- My face when i finally got a Gjallarhorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom