• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 2014: First Image Revealed

Not sure how to parse this:

The unannounced title will be "next-gen first," according to publisher Activision.

So, its cross-gen right? And they're developing on next gen and then down-porting? Or something else? If you're going to make a cross-gen game wouldn't it make more sense to develop towards last gen and then up-port? Or focus on a next gen version and a separate last gen version?

jaosobno

Not sure how to parse this:

So, its cross-gen right? And they're developing on next gen and then down-porting? Or something else? If you're going to make a cross-gen game wouldn't it make more sense to develop towards last gen and then up-port? Or focus on a next gen version and a separate last gen version?

It's probably developed on PS4 and ported/downported to everything else (IIRC, there were rumors circulating that Xbox is no longer lead platform due to PS4 being easier to work with).

My guess is that we can expect Activision to drop last gen some time around 2016.

My frames are consistently 60 most of the time in the game.
I'd say at least over 90% of the time if I had to guess.

It's not a solid 60 100% of the time. I have noticed a few minor drops in a few small moments, but that's about it. Nothing too bad (sp or extinction).

Whoa, really? I get some random framerate drops on every mode. They are "short" but still. I was used to the 360 experience of COD where everything was always silky smooth. It doesn't bother me that much but I'm not the only one so it can't be my console.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
let me guess the black guy will be voiced by the guy who does the black guy in bad company and in crysis 2 beginning.

soldat7

dog_extreme__closeup.jpg

In-game shot of new dog?

Top Bottom