• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 2014: First Image Revealed

TheCloser

Banned
just like how ghost was based on a new next-gen engine with "fish that move out of the way when you get close" lmao pls stop it.

Joined since the first of april and you only have 38 posts. Most of them are trouble making posts so i'm just going to ignore you now. I really wish that we had an ignore/block function on gaf. It would be the best firmware update that anyone could ask for.

Bishop89

I'm talking about multiplayer. Even if MW2 was an unbalanced mess. It was the last CoD I had "fun" playing. I suppose they could tweak it to make it more playable if they considered CoD4/MW2 remix.
No thanks, leave it unbalanced. Dont care what the haters say, the games were fun, and im 100% sure that is due to it being "unbalanced" (aswell as other things such as the maps and all that)

I assumed Treyarch was doing BLOPS 3 on a new engine?

And this was the sledgehammer game to fill the void(so maybe COD swat/police?)

One rumor came out of Destination Playstation claiming that it was a continuation of the MW series, but the subtitle they were using was "Black Smith". The sequence shown took place on the Golden Gate Bridge. There's never been any confirmation of whether or not it's true, but we do know that Activision was there and it sounded like it was more than just for Destiny.

Grisby

dog_extreme__closeup.jpg
Riley?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I hope it's actually called Call of Duty 2014 :p

Oh wow, nice. It looks photo realistic.

But when games stop looking like games and just look like real life, I'm done.

We're probably a gen away from that

Anyway, good job Acti.
Don't worry, that wont happen this gen or the next.
cod-sledgehammer-ignpng-a29997_610w.png

I think the skin shaders are awful, and don't me started on the eye-shader ..
What happened to Activision R&D (shown GDC13)? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6R6N4Vy0nE
activisfljh.png

candlewyac6.jpg

exactly, what happend to the r&d tech.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
cod-sledgehammer-ignpng-a29997_610w.png

That strap is really pissing me off. The face looks (graphically) okay, then you see the strap and clip and it looks horrid.

Proponent

Banned
Ghosts is the first COD I've not bought and played, and it sounds like I'm not missing anything, but I have to admit I'll probably be down for the next full next gen COD game.

Looking forward to full reveal.

Well Idk if you're mostly mp or sp, but Ghosts had the best campaign since CoD 4 Modern Warefare. It was seriously bad ass. You might want to at least rent it.

kuYuri

As pointed out online, the character looks alot like or is Sgt. Foley from MW2 done in higher res graphics. I wouldn't take this as confirmation of anything as Sledgehammer may have used him as a test of their graphics engine.

8LfNXWr.png

emko

As long as it's Treyarch's, no.
If it's someone else's I'm sure it can go even worse.

Ghosts was just horrible for me, I didn't enjoy it at all. The maps, the spawn system, the bugs, everything was shit. This is definitely the last chance I'm giving the franchise, and I'm only doing it bc of how awesome Blops 2 was..

what was so good about Blops 2 spawn system? all we ever did was spawn trap teams until they left is that a good spawn system?

Parablank

Well Idk if you're mostly mp or sp, but Ghosts had the best campaign since CoD 4 Modern Warefare. It was seriously bad ass. You might want to at least rent it.

what? I thought we all agreed on the general consensus that bo1/bo2 are the best CoD campaigns

TheCloser

Banned
Looks good, but we saw some character models before Ghosts came out and it turned out they were nothing like what we saw in the game.

Regardless, i'll be buying anyway. I'm a sucker for COD, it might be the same old every year but I still get a good 50-60 hours of gameplay out of them. Multiplayer can't get any worse than Ghosts right?

That's certainly a big step up in terms of facial detail from Ghosts. Animation is usually pretty decent, especially the mo-cap work in the Call of Duty games so I'm looking forward to seeing what a totally 'next-gen' engine looks like.

Bishop89

As pointed out online, the character looks alot like or is Sgt. Foley from MW2 done in higher res graphics. I wouldn't take this as confirmation of anything as Sledgehammer may have used him as a test of their graphics engine.

8LfNXWr.png
Please dont toy with my heart. That would b fantastic news if its mw2 redux. Everything untouched except for graphics, day 1

Top Bottom