• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 2014: First Image Revealed

cod-sledgehammer-ignpng-a29997_610w.png

Source http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/04/...aled?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

Turn me into a yearly franchise if old

the game is set

Syf

Banned
The whole COD series, no matter if it was MW or BO is something that I have this compulsion to play through the single player campaign, even if I know and have been told that it is complete crap. I feel that I HAVE to play through it once and within a week of release. Usually I wont pay full price for anything, save a few, so its a strage compulsion at that. We shall see if Im wading through crap again with this new title or if the series can come back from the turd that was Ghosts.
I'm the same way.. the Call of Duty campaigns have become my annual gaming guilty pleasure.

TheCloser

Banned
Already Pre-ordered in my mind.

Can we honestly stop the trolling? If you don't like Cod, thats perfectly alright but don't come here and spoil the thread for those who are fans of the series. Its just annoying to read the rubbish that gets posted.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'll be surprised if this isn't crossgen. Too many of CoD's fanbase still on ps3/360 to chalk up those sales to next gen only.

We already know it's crossgen. It's supposed to be a downport to PS3/360 unlike Ghosts which was more of an up port to PS4/XB1.

Already Pre-ordered in my mind.

Can we honestly stop the trolling? If you don't like Cod, thats perfectly alright but don't come here and spoil the thread for those who are fans of the series. Its just annoying to read the rubbish that gets posted.

Its a great series, just has some blemishes here and there. I will always be a MW trilogy fan.

camaropilot

From what I can tell, that mustache is out of US Army regulations, unless this is some sort of special forces troop. Although it is kind of hard to tell it looks like the mustache goes past the outside of the lips.

Claneko

I'm gonna hold off on CoD until the next Treyarch entry.

They are now the prime CoD dev.

This. I was so disappointed in Ghosts. I will rent the next game just to see, but I still feel Treyarch is the only hope now and even then I will rent that first too. (Should be a Titanfall 2 by then anyway I think)

They seriously needs to rethink their strategy and go back to their roots. Especially for SP. Give me a story I want to care about and characters whose names I will remember when the SP campaign ends.
That was Black Ops for me, I am not a fan of Call of Duty in general, but seriously the 2 Black Ops titles are pretty amazing.

Wasn't there talk of this being police-centered?
That's Visceral Games Battlefield for this year. ((Rumored))

Who actually has time to look at faces while playing?

It may sound dumb, but focusing on something like photo-realistic ground and walls may actually be were the tech can be worth the most.

TheCloser

Banned
What can we truly expect with this new entry?
Legit new engine not that nonsense with Ghosts. There was a rumor going around that Activision was extremely pleased with their new engine and it would debut at e3. This image only confirms that.

Shosai

Banned
In other news, it's still the same game it was seven years ago. So there's that.

12 year-olds can tell the games apart, and discuss the changes in multiplayer to great detail. I've had to listen to them do it.

What does that say about you?

Trago

Legit new engine not that nonsense with Ghosts. There was a rumor going around that Activision was extremely pleased with their new engine and it would debut at e3. This image only confirms that.

Well clearly, yes. But if all we're getting is a freash coat of paint, then I'm not in.

I hope we see something really new in the gameplay department.

RoKKeR

Honestly not all that impressed with this after seeing the faces in Dragon Age's trailer today.

Skipped Ghosts, will probably skip it this year along with Battlefield. I'm ready for new IP and new experiences this gen.

Tygamr

Dang, that guy has some really chapped lips. Somebody, get him some chapstick... Or something.
Seriously though, that lip texture looks way too rough.

Whompa

That's certainly a face. But what does it meeeeaaaaannnnn???

I'd like to see a trailer or something before I consider getting back into call of duty...

Also - "a next gen first" huh?

Anyone get the feeling they're gunna try to squeeze out a last gen version after they release on next gen consoles?

TheCloser

Banned
It probably wasn't your intention, but wow, that just illustrated exactly how lifeless and devoid of color this game is going to be (par for the course, I know).

You can figure out the whole game in one screenshot intended to show graphical improvements? Jumping to conclusions, you're doing it correctly.

KoopaTheCasual

You can figure out the whole game in one screenshot intended to show graphical improvements? Jumping to conclusions, you're doing it correctly.
Oh please, do tell me of the many many games (which aim for consistent realism) that have radical jumps in palette across the game? Go on.

Are you honestly going to sit there and defend the coloration of CoD games. Is this a fight you're seriously trying to pick?

Top Bottom