• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 2014: First Image Revealed

Wynnebeck

Banned
Hey guys they posted another picture:

fish-face.jpg

They burned me twice on Wii U versions. I won't be making that mistake again. I'd think about buying it for another system but I can't fathom not using the Wiimote.

KoopaTheCasual

Cool.... its a face...
Yea...

I mean, I'm not a CoD gamer, much less a FPS player in general, but what are you supposed to "feel" from seeing this screenshot? That it exists, like it does every year? The face isn't really mindblowing, and it seems like another modern warfare affair.

AdanVC

What a perfectly clean/shaved face he has considering he is in the middle of some post-apocaliptic war... CoD ladies and gentleman.

sunnz

If it is modern setting I will be interested.

Past ( unlikely with that picture) slightly more interested.

Future, IGNORE. No thanks.

Well I'm all for a good COD but I'm pretty sure of Halo 2 comes out I will be all my shooter time will be taken this holiday. Yes, 10 year old games excite me more than COD. I do hope they can bring new life to the franchise though.

Yea...

I mean, I'm not a CoD gamer, much less a FPS player in general, but what are you supposed to "feel" from seeing this screenshot? That it exists, like it does every year? The face isn't really mindblowing, and it seems like another modern warfare affair.

Pretty much, an odd choice tbh. An emotionless face from the side. Maybe they will show the rest of the picture and show something unexpected... can't think of something that would actually excite me again about CoD though.

MJLord

The change of console generations has made me more tempted to give COD another look in. I hope they do something interesting.

Newlove

Looking forward to hearing more about this. Ghosts is a disappointment but a new studio and decent looking visuals shows potential. Would be great if it was a new engine that actually felt different, for once...since CoD 2 really, and seeing them step up to Frostbite 3 levels.

Yes, they should just not improve with the tech and times. Why not just go back to this...
I didn't say graphics shouldn't advance...not that it would ever happen in any scenario whatsoever. I merely expressed my own feelings on the continuing direction of graphics having an effect on me, personally. Sorry for offending your apparently calloused sensibilities.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I thought that was just for Ghosts since their game isn't due until 2015 so they had the resources to do it?

as said trayarche did nintendo ports of almost all the cod we got in the last 8 years. they are focused on doing this, and did a great job with control schemes

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
that dog pic is grossing me out

in b4 username quote

I have nothing against the play style of cod but my gosh the maps on ghost are horrible. I played mw2 a crazy amount but spent about five hours in ghost and couldn't handle it.

TrueGrime

Flashy graphics, fish AI, or Doge will not save this game. Ghosts was the first game since CoD4 that I've been disgusted with the game. Both single player and multiplayer. They seriously needs to rethink their strategy and go back to their roots. Especially for SP. Give me a story I want to care about and characters whose names I will remember when the SP campaign ends.

The_Monk

I actually am a bit interested to see more of this (I know it's cool to hate on Call of Duty, sorry my good people).

I wanted to get Battlefield 4 day One but I couldn't after the feedback I read online which was a shame since I bought the Limited Edition of BF3 on release day for the PS3 and I also have the PC Version so for now I'm curious to see the setting on this game, maps and weapons.

Tugatrix

Another? They should really skip a year or two, make a pause to made a new engine and think of new stories and ways to improve gameplay

Another? They should really skip a year or two, make a pause to made a new engine and think of new stories and ways to improve gameplay

It's now on a three year development cycle since there are three main teams working on it, so that's plenty of time for each team to come up with new tech and stories. Sledgehammer has been free since Modern Warfare 3 wrapped up in 2011.

Top Bottom