• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 2014: First Image Revealed

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I think that'd look a lot better with subsurface scattering.

As it stands he suffers from concrete skin syndrome that was the standard last gen, but doesn't look so hot this gen.

The core asset quality doesn't seem bad, but the material properties don't look good as is.

Orayn

Kinda hard to make any judgments from just that, but hopefully it's a bigger tech update than Ghosts.

That's a pretty good face guys.

Will they finally take off the shackles that is the Quake 3 engine?

Don't tell me it's heavily modified. I know it is. They still need a new engine and it's more fun to just say it's the Q3 engine.

It's more fun but it's not accurate. That's like saying Valve is still using the Quake 1 engine.

Yasae

Banned
It's now on a three year development cycle since there are three main teams working on it, so that's plenty of time for each team to come up with new tech and stories. Sledgehammer has been free since Modern Warfare 3 wrapped up in 2011.
In other news, it's still the same game it was seven years ago. So there's that.

jbug617

Banned
So we should be getting the first trailer in a couple of weeks during Eastern Conference playoffs based on what happened in the past.

dog_extreme__closeup.jpg

Rofl

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Looks good to me, aside from the eyes, especially for a game that'll be 60fps. I'm just glad the series is finally getting an engine update after the same one for nearly 12 years.

Nzyme32

Well at least it's obvious where their priorities are. Not a single hint of anything other than graphicz (which doesn't seem to be it's strong suit already), no doubt exactly what the target audience cares for. The only way to get interest from me is to actually show off a completely re-imagined game and gameplay that's actually inovative or at least inspired rather the the tired old drudgery that COD has become

vocab

Considering you never see the faces up close like in multiplayer...

Is it still on the quake 3 engine. Thats all I need to know.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
For some reason that close-up is unintentionally hilarious to me.

Gotta show those pores off, NEXT-GEN™ HD.

(When we all know that level of detail won't matter/be in the game)

Gurish

I think it looks very impressive.
Wonder what photo realistic games everybody are playing that this model is not impressive anymore.
It looks great.

In other news, it's still the same game it was seven years ago. So there's that.

They're never going to completely change the formula. It makes no sense for them to do that since the game is still incredibly popular (it sold 9m units in the US alone by the end of last year). But Sledgehammer's game is probably the first shot at something "different" from the brand.

jelly

Doesn't really matter if the rest of game is still same old.

Lipstick on a pig.

Nice to see their trying though.

I only have 2 simple request from Sledgehammer

1) Forget about Modern Warfare Story, or Reboot it somehow.

2) Make the main character freaking talking, seriously this is so important to me, it's one of the reasons why I love Treyarch CoD's more, Give me a character that is actually human and talks, I don't want to be a freaking floating hands.

Infamous has pretty much set the bar for graphics this gen, at least for me.

Looking at the Watch Dogs videos recently released, and playing Titanfall and such, it just doesn't feel and look the same.

Dat lighting engine

Respawn

Banned
It's now on a three year development cycle since there are three main teams working on it, so that's plenty of time for each team to come up with new tech and stories. Sledgehammer has been free since Modern Warfare 3 wrapped up in 2011.
Well that's good to know. This one had some time to soak in development.

The whole COD series, no matter if it was MW or BO is something that I have this compulsion to play through the single player campaign, even if I know and have been told that it is complete crap. I feel that I HAVE to play through it once and within a week of release. Usually I wont pay full price for anything, save a few, so its a strage compulsion at that. We shall see if Im wading through crap again with this new title or if the series can come back from the turd that was Ghosts.

Top Bottom