• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

FStop7

Banned
I would criticize him for never capping or defending points, but then again he doesn't have to worry about it considering the opposing team is perpetually dead.

Its funny I spent all last night with the SWAT-556 trying to unlock Select Fire then by the time I had I was like I think I prefer the burst shot accuracy and style of play now anyway lol.

Is the FAL worth trying too to see if I like it instead? I hate having to decide carefully what to unlock because of the token crap.

Jack_AG

Banned
Damn. My first freeze during the middle of gameplay on PS3.

I really want to dig MP but the map design sucking, connection issues, lag and now freezing are making it rather difficult.

At least I enjoy Zombies.

Edit: and to add I was spawn-killed 3 times in a row from different spawn points from bad guys behind me. I also spawned directly behind a bad guy, myself, so I know its not just a few of us. FML

syko de4d

the maps are the worse i have ever seen in CoD and the rest is not much better. I have not played MW3 but Blops2 is the worse CoD i have played. I really can´t imagine how bad MW3 must be if this is better than MW3...

eek5

the maps are the worse i have ever seen in CoD and the rest is not much better. I have not played MW3 but Blops2 is the worse CoD i have played. I really can´t imagine how bad MW3 must be if this is better than MW3...

The MW3 maps are worse. Same size/smaller but really bad flow/paths set up. Half of them grew on me though so maybe I'll begin to like BO2 maps even more.

CTE

Hes like fourteen too that is kind of insane. I've never managed to do better then 22-1 and that was in the first COD4 where I played probably 500+ hours in the spawn of a couple of months.

Preston is 18. He is good, though. Nice guy, too.

I think he does COD streaming for a living now. Been playing since he was 12 or so I think.

MW3's maps were much worse than these.

Personally, I think you just need to give more time for the maps to grow on you. Obviously there will be few that you think you will like them when you do good on them but give it some time.

eek5

man good that i didn´t bought MW3

I liked over half the original maps and loved the first map pack though. Midway through the time I spent with it, people stopped voting for bad maps and you just played the good ones.

tl;dr: it wasn't that bad

Preston is 18. He is good, though. Nice guy, too.

I think he does COD streaming for a living now. Been playing since he was 12 or so I think.

Oh well he looks fourteen. Doesn't take away the fact hes super good makes me feel less bad about own abilities now at least.

Xux

Nuketown Zombies is pretty cool. No dogs or repairable windows. Pretty crazy.

Makes up for the somewhat underwhelming TranZit.

Gorillaz

MW3 launch win for being worst maps in the series. The problem with black ops 2 is they basically dumbed down their own formula for no reason. Even black ops 1 had more map stability then this game does.

butts

Game is lagging like crazy tonight and I've been spawning directly in front of people. Had 2 enemies spawn literally touching me, no joke. What the fuck is going on

maomaoIYP

For the people complaining about not hearing footsteps there is a later perk 2 I believe called awareness that increases enemy sounds.

So its in there you just have to use a perk to get the benefit

It's a perk 3. And even when taken with dead silence you still can't hear anything. Try it for yourself on a local game.

Xux

Tried League Play since I'm one of those that can't do a Public Match on PS3. In the most unsurprising turn of events the host pulled the plug and Host Migration failed the second time.

Yeah...I think I've had enough League Play.

Is anyone having really awful screen tearing in multiplayer only, on PC? Even if I force vsync or use the in-game vsync I get really distracting tears.

I made a knife only class with 5 perks and 2 "combat axes" (throwing knives) and nothing else, it's so much fun. There was one game of tdm where it was all snipers camping and me and my friend (who was also using a knife only class) ran around killing them. My kd ended up being 24:12. I've already gotten 100 kills and unlocked the blue tiger camo for it.

I also love the 870 shotgun and the mp7.

Halcyon

Tried League Play since I'm one of those that can't do a Public Match on PS3. In the most unsurprising turn of events the host pulled the plug and Host Migration failed the second time.

Yeah...I think I've had enough League Play.

Yea I've tried it a few times but the lag has been horrible and on top of that I don't like how everything is unlocked.

aristotle

David Vonderhaar ‏@DavidVonderhaar

We are indeed up and running, but we are also aware not everyone can connect. We are investigating something with our partners at Sony.

Top Bottom