• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

KingKong

This is my favorite COD campaign, I think

They got rid of as much bullshit as they could and are changing up the gameplay/environments at just the right time

Jack_AG

Banned
Cool. Now I don't even have to play to let the game crash - I just sit in a lobby waiting for the next game and poof - freeze.

3arch thought of everything!

How the shit did this pass QA?

Stantron

The lag in this game is unbearable. That "best" connection option makes no noticeable difference either. Extremely frustrating and not fun to play when you're put at such a disadvantage. :mad:

Messed around in the emblem editor. Closest I could get it. Do you unlock more layers or is 32 max?

image.jpg

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Am I correct in assuming that people who play in Bootcamp are bad? I played my first two matches ever and I did exceedingly well. I'm talking 14-3 in my second game ever.

Played a bunch of single player missions too, and damn is Treyarch's storytelling as amateurish and terrible as it was in Black Ops. And the level design is just...ugh. Whatever.

zeelman

The lag in this game is unbearable. That "best" connection option makes no noticeable difference either. Extremely frustrating and not fun to play when you're put at such a disadvantage. :mad:

I don't know what happened after the server crash last night, but the game has been unplayable ever since. I went from doing really well, to dying constantly and not helping my team at all. It feels like MW3 now.

The announcers in this game all sound like garbage. Theyre tone feels extremely forced and either talk like douchebags or sound 75 years old. Its actually really getting on my nerves.

cdkee

Banned
Well, I bought the game on amazon yesterday as per recommendations I received from this thread and:

1) the game is so much better than MW3.
2) fun so far

madmackem

Im also not liking this at all, there doesnt feel like any flow to any of the mp maps, none of them stand out at all there just rank average the lot of them. The spawns are up there with the worst in any cod, i really think time is called on cod games for me they just arnt fun at all anymore. The engine makes it feel like you playing the same fucking games as years past, it looks like a map pack.

So split down the middle in here, I wonder what side it will move over to as times goes on, good or bad. I finally tried hardpoint and it's great. That and Dom will be my go to modes.

ismaboof

This game is fun, but goddam is this generation showing its age (ps3). It runs fine but looks awful. Absolutely awful. The campaign has lost any sense of awe it's going for because it just looks bad.

I don't want an encounter every 3 seconds. I feel like this and MW3 is just that. Spawn and get ready to hold down RT. Older versions had much better and bigger maps. Not much bigger but big enough to do some real teamwork.

Im also not liking this at all, there doesnt feel like any flow to any of the mp maps, none of them stand out at all there just rank average the lot of them. The spawns are up there with the worst in any cod, i really think time is called on cod games for me they just arnt fun at all anymore. The engine makes it feel like you playing the same fucking games as years past, it looks like a map pack.

I was thinking it looks like a mod of a much more successfully executed game.

Yeah, after spending some time with the MP, I think I probably won't be diving into this as much as I had hoped. Already so so so tired of lighting motherfuckers up and then dying to some dude who fires a single bullet 12 feet to my right. Tired of the spawns, tired of people popping out of one of 1000 doorways, holes, bridges, etc. like the Fraggles, and so very tired of shooting people point blank and not killing them (or even getting hit markers some times). And all this is with having some pretty okay games.

Disappointing.

Played through all the maps a few times now, but so far nothing sticks out to me. They're either ok or nothing too memorable. MW2 and Black Ops had some nice maps.

I haven't felt this stupid playing a game in a long time. I also haven't felt this stupid buying a game. I supported this shit. I am part of the problem.

A more competitive cod. Man...hook, line and sinker.

HiiiLife

I am seriously shooting the shit out of people, only for them to turn around and gun me down first. My accuracy is on point. And their screen is blood red when I watch the killcam. What. The. Fuck. Is. Going. On?

WTF is wrong with TDM? It has all twelve players in the lobby but won't start the game.

"The match is about to begin..."

"Need more players to balance teams.."

Like it's having a seizure or something. Other modes work fine. PS3 btw.

njean777

I don't want an encounter every 3 seconds. I feel like this and MW3 is just that. Spawn and get ready to hold down RT. Older versions had much better and bigger maps. Not much bigger but big enough to do some real teamwork.

I felt though so far from what I have played that MW3 at least the encounters felt like they should, in this game I just go down every time first and sometimes I would get the hit marker the whole time I put shots into him before he even saw me. At least in MW3 the run and gun worked better imo. I just dont know what it is but something for me is off so far in this game, I can barely move without getting shot from somewhere. I never had this problem in MW3. I liked most of the maps on MW3 though so I may be a rarity amongst COD fans.

WTF is wrong with TDM? It has all twelve players in the lobby but won't start the game.

"The match is about to begin..."

"Need more players to balance teams.."

Like it's having a seizure or something. Other modes work fine. PS3 btw.

PS3 has a whole lot of problems right now. I couldn't even play all night due to some banning or something.

I am seriously shooting the shit out of people, only for them to turn around and gun me down first. My accuracy is on point. And their screen is blood red when I watch the killcam. What. The. Fuck. Is. Going. On?

Happens to me all the time. It's network latency voodoo or some crap.

HiiiLife

Seriously. I'm getting so angry. Screw latency and screw lag compensation. Lol. I put in MW2 and everything ran so smoothly. Bullets were registering and i was winning gunfights. But somehow the detection is worse than Black Ops 1. Smhhhhhhhh. C'mon now. Fix this shit.

Well the pro's and cons..

The Pro's :I bought my son the 36 version and can play his

The Cons: PS3 version still wont let me play and when I could play it was a big blurry mess. Trying to aim at "Color blobs" instead of enemies...

By far one of the biggest F*** YOUS to PS3 gamers yet. Basically gave us a game we cant play and when we do play it looks like doo doo compared to about every other damn shooter on the market the last 5 years.

Popparoks

I beat the campaign on veteran, i thought the story was pretty good for a call of duty game. It was pretty good.

Multiplayer on the other hand... anyone else having a hard time trying to enjoy this game?

njean777

I beat the campaign on veteran, i thought the story was pretty good for a call of duty game. It was pretty good.

Multiplayer on the other hand... anyone else having a hard time trying to enjoy this game?

I am, may go back to MW3/halo 4 for a bit while they iron out all the PS3 problems. Mainly the one that will not let me play....

Acinixys

I know moaning about lag compensation is overplayed, but hot DAMN it makes me mad sometimes. Ive see so many kills cams where im CLEARLY behind a wall for at least a second or two, but the guy still gets hit markers on me and takes me out. So frustrating.

EDIT: After putting almost 1K hours into BF3 on PC, not having a server browser is killing me. Why would they do this? I can understand matchmaking for consoles, but they were supposed to make the game more PC friendly?

Popparoks

I am, may go back to MW3/halo 4 for a bit while they iron out all the PS3 problems. Mainly the one that will not let me play....

I was actually able to get Black Ops and Halo 4 for $30 altogether. I was pretty flustered with Black Ops multi but once i put in Halo 4, it made me feel ALOT better.

njean777

I was actually able to get Black Ops and Halo 4 for $30 altogether. I was pretty flustered with Black Ops multi but once i put in Halo 4, it made me feel ALOT better.

I love the Halo 4 MP so far, a little faster is really all it needed for me to get excited about halo again.

hit detection is ridiculous right now the game is unplayable. the PDW is an OP piece of shit. how the hell does a silence weapon out gun an unsilenced weapon? bullshit.

Madtown_

Seriously. I'm getting so angry. Screw latency and screw lag compensation. Lol. I put in MW2 and everything ran so smoothly. Bullets were registering and i was winning gunfights. But somehow the detection is worse than Black Ops 1. Smhhhhhhhh. C'mon now. Fix this shit.

Could be something to do with the server load problems. I completely disagree with the notion that hit detection + lag is worse than BO, but I haven't played today.

I'm willing to wait it out a few days so that Treyarch can deal with some of these server problems and (hopefully) some freezing issues.

Smgs seems to beat out ars over range too, the fuck.

I enjoy the fact that one complaint over from Mw2+ was the fact that AR's are OP. Now they can't compete with smg's and people are freaking out. I think a lot of it in BO2 has to do with the smaller-ish maps. Stats-wise, AR's don't look too bad, but the maps may make them seem worse.

HiiiLife

As of right now, I really do feel the hit detection is better on Blops1. But I'm assuming that's cause all the patches. I respect your opinion though. Multiplayer has seriously been frustrating. Lol.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
The more I play the more this game reminds me of Cargo with 50 players... hardcore is a bit better but the damage makes no sense... no need to aim just spread and everyone is dead...

Jack_AG

Banned
Well the pro's and cons..

The Pro's :I bought my son the 36 version and can play his

The Cons: PS3 version still wont let me play and when I could play it was a big blurry mess. Trying to aim at "Color blobs" instead of enemies...

By far one of the biggest F*** YOUS to PS3 gamers yet. Basically gave us a game we cant play and when we do play it looks like doo doo compared to about every other damn shooter on the market the last 5 years.
I agree. Im not sure what went wrong. Parity between consoles with games is pretty much norm at this stage save for a few extremely minor details but the difference is striking with BO2. I'm not quite sure how you go backwards with a new release.

Top Bottom