• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III 1TB Limited Edition PlayStation 4 Bundle Out 11/6

Sakura

If I needed a PS4 I'd take that price over a straight exchange from USD. That's nearly $600CAD if you convert the $449USD. We Canadians are getting a deal!

It shouldn't be a straight exchange though, it should be priced for the market.
For example, the price of a PS4 in Japan is dropping to 34980 yen next month. How much is that if converted to US dollars?
Meanwhile the PS4 here in Canada retails for 450CAD, and they want to sell you a bundle with a game for an extra 100 dollars... bit of a rip off.
But then, Canada is a small market so I guess they don't care.

Toro

Banned
1TB limited edition console for $449, could be a signal that Star War bundle with stylized console (500GB) will drop to $399 and bundles with standard console drop to $349.
A $50 price drop after 2 years on the market is so lame. Should be at least $329.

Bgamer90

Banned
Forum opinions and a few headlines doesn't represent the general consumers who will no doubt buy this bundle. SW bundle wasn't liked either and it still reached the top of the charts at all retailers.

I don't think anyone here is saying that it won't do well.

etta

my hard graphic balls
75 cents against the US dolar pal. I'm not too excited about paying 75$ for Halo 5 either...

Pfft,
zWVbK.gif

I'm paying $45.49 before tax from Amazon E3 deals.

ZhugeEX

Banned
SCEA went from hating Limited Edition consoles to doing about seven billion of them.

Guess the price drop on the base system will only be $50.

This is the best strategy consoles have right now in order to appeal to core gamers whilst actually increasing margin.

It works well too with over 90% of consoles being sold in the US now coming bundled with a game.

You bundle in a game, increase/keep the price the same and consumers will eat it up because they perceive the value to be there even though they're paying more/the same.

Put me in the camp of I think it looks fine. It is not the best looking
(Dragon Quest Heroes takes the cake of best looking in my opinion)
, but it still is not ugly.

With the Battlefront bundle and this bundle now, Microsoft is going to have to put up a heck of a fight. This holiday season is going to be interesting in terms of deals.

Shenmue

Banned
The one good thing about this design and other recent designs is that Sony seems to be eschewing the lazy hdd cover vinyl sticker look for LEs.

They have this giant flat rectangular canvas on the top and all the other sides are also flat so use it all!

Put me in the camp of I think it looks fine. It is not the best looking
(Dragon Quest Heroes takes the cake of best looking in my opinion)
, but it still is not ugly.

With the Battlefront bundle and this bundle now, Microsoft is going to have to put up a heck of a fight. This holiday season is going to be interesting in terms of deals.

Given the Star Wars Movie hype and Gamestops CEO's thoughts on BOPS3. I believe that Both bundles will at the very least each match Destiny 2014 numbers. And if my memory serves me correctly september 2014 was a 550K month for the PS4.

In other words

Black Ops 3 LTD Bundle 300K - 500K
Star Wars Bundle 300K - 500K

So come November 2015 both bundles could push total PS4 hardware anywhere form 600K - 1 million in November independently of any sales promo that kick in later that month. I'm not sure what PS4 or XBO's November 2014 NPD results were. But going into that month with that type of sales gap as a starting point will be a daunting task.

Which is why I believe XBO will be selling with free tvs this November.

Obviously the above is all armchair speculation.

Given the Star Wars Movie hype and Gamestops CEO's thoughts on BOPS3. I believe that Both bundles will at the very least each match Destiny 2014 numbers. And if my memory serves me correctly september 2014 was a 550K month for the PS4.

In other words

Black Ops 3 LTD Bundle 300K - 500K
Star Wars Bundle 300K - 500K

So come November 2015 both bundles could push total PS4 hardware anywhere form 600K - 1 million in November independently of any sales promo that kick in later that month. I'm not sure what PS4 or XBO's November 2014 NPD results were. But going into that month with that type of sales gap as a starting point will be a daunting task.

Which is why I believe XBO will be selling with free tvs this November.

Obviously the above is all armchair speculation.
free tvs with xbones on black friday?

~Kinggi~

Banned
I wanted to look away at the horrendous nature of this console but i couldnt cause of that trainwreck effect them there talks about

leng jai

Who the fuck designs these things. Is it so hard to ask for something minimalist that doesn't look like a road hazard sign?

To be fair it's probably hard to design a minimalistic LE console for Gears/COD/Halo and even if you did it would probably sell worse to the target demographic. I mean the MGS5 one fits the bill and NA didn't even get it.

def sim

oh yikes!

Though I guess that's to be expected of these kinds of bundles. nah dang them not taking the ps4 led light into account makes it look super bad. this is awful

RedAssedApe

Banned
why is the controller gray but there is no gray on the console? also...thats some random ass place to put the III on the controller...why not on the touchpad?

also why the ugly icons on the front of the console...and again with the III...why again when you have a huge ass III on the top already? oye

nuk3town? more like puk3town. i'm here all night

rhino4evr

I just realized that the top of the console is a giant Roman numeral III. At first it just looked like outlines. Now i dislike it even more. So tacky.

Don't like the design (though it may just be my dislike of cod).

The bigger news I'm excited about here is that the US is finally getting a 1tb model!

With this selling for $449, they need to drop the price of the star wars limited edition to $399 and all other bundles to $349 or less.

EDIT: Finally caved and just got the Destiny limited edition plus mgsv bundle on amazon. Will be buying a 2tb hdd to put in.

I'll stick with my Darth Vader PS4 pre-order.

This will still sell though, for every "ugly" on neogaf there is 3 "I'm buying that!" yep.

It's ugly but the Halo 4 Xbox 360 still takes the cake.

FiiZglr.jpg

My only problem with this console was the controllers were terrible. The battery packs on both of mine cracked and chipped and required elastics so they could stay on.

This PS4 looks rather bland, it's missing something and outside of the the "III" it doesn't look that connected to the game it's based off.

ShogunX

This + Battlefront equals total insane Playstation 4 November sales

#Truthfact

PS4 will lead sales on BO3. Including in the US

Black Ops 3 will be lead on PS4 in November NPD so lets just get that out of the way

This will move massive amounts of hardware.

The Internet also talked about how "ugly" the Battlefront PS4 was. Go read the GAF announcement thread.

You ok dude? I admire your devotion.

As for the look of the console and controller. The controller is quite nice purely because it has a unique look and good vibrant colours. However the console is a lazy half assed job that couldn't be anymore uninspired. Think I'll stick with my clean white PS4 for now.

Back on track!!! something something sales.

My only problem with this console was the controllers were terrible. The battery packs on both of mine cracked and chipped and required elastics so they could stay on.

This PS4 looks rather bland, it's missing something and outside of the the "III" it doesn't look that connected to the game it's based off.

you know you could just get two useless black controllers and switch the bottom parts like I did mine.

on topic: well... at least the controller looks cooI, could really use one like that

jjonez18

I like the look of the console and the controller. The only thing that is offputting is the white PlayStation logo and the blue light on the PS4. As with most LE's, Sony screw up the continuity with a blue led.

Top Bottom