• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

eldudebro

Would be nice if the zombies matchmaking worked.

Haven't been able to get into a game since I got this game. Get into lobbies with 8 people in them then we all slowly leave one by one. Nice glitching treyarch!

AHA-Lambda

I'm starting to get the impression this is disappointing from the impressions here? Far turn from the relative hype it had here compared to other CoDs too =/

nOoblet16

Why can't I cancel my reloads with a click of left stick anymore?
I reload a lot (pretty much after every kill) and as such reload cancelling is important if I have to deal with an immediate threat with half a magazine worth of bullets left.

Anyone think the Gorgon is going to be one of the first guns to get nerfed? 2 shot kills..I've been constantly going 17-3 or 20-6 with it lol

Not much wrong with 2 shot kill if it has a slow reload speed, ADS speed and rate of fire.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
I'm starting to get the impression this is disappointing from the impressions here? Far turn from the relative hype it had here compared to other CoDs too =/

I think Zombies and Multiplayer will be fine. Once they fix connection issues.

But early on, Campaign is ass. The worst I can remember for a COD (skipped Ghosts).

RS4-

well, I can say that I'm not sick of the game after the first day compared to the past few CODs.

The maps are better, movement is smooth. Sure there's still the balance issues, but so far, it's less 'stupid shit' compared to previous games.

Spawning is still fucked though.

I've had several missions glitch into a bad state where I couldn't continue. Both times involving a walker mech boss.

The first time the mech flew up way high up into the air before flopping back down to the street. But none of my bullets or missiles would hit it anymore, they'd just go on through the mech like it wasn't there. No boss kill no next checkpoint, and no restart from last checkpoint option I could see so I had to restart the mission and do it again.

Second time the mech jumped above me and landed on the floor above me, at which point it pretty much poofed out of existence. I think I could hear it firing missiles still, but that might have been scripted background explosions. Dunno, but restarted the mission to continue.

Its too bad too because I've finally run a mission or three that have been damn fun times, dialogue aside, only to run into broken mission scripting and server connection issues that make starting the game up a hassle.

nOoblet16

I really like the jump boost, it's like Destiny's Titan Jump that you can control slightly while gaining height. Not like the one in Advanced Warfare which was basically a double jump.

nope, automatic and fires like a laser, as in, there's no recoil.

You know I was thinking, I've actually fired LMGs before and they are some of the most accurate guns with little recoil. Provided you set up in one place (games sort of imitate that by giving LMGs slow ADS speed, which is like "setting up" compared to others).

Zombies public match hangs indefinitely on "Awaiting textures." Dope!

Haha can't even get that far, just the analyzing match thing

The fuck man :/

Think I will pass this year and wait for Fallout/Tomb Raider. All of the impressions from you guys were super helpful though. Thanks.

You can get all 3 at target for $120 next week , trade in some games today for double trade in value :D

Having an absolute blast playing MP, a real return to the BO2 levels of fun for me. Off to my best ever start in a CoD game too, going over 1 K/D which I never usually get to until many, many hours have been put in.

I put it all down to the Elite controller, that thing is fantastic and gives a real advantage over the standard controller.

Having an absolute blast playing MP, a real return to the BO2 levels of fun for me. Off to my best ever start in a CoD game too, going over 1 K/D which I never usually get to until many, many hours have been put in.

I put it all down to the Elite controller, that thing is fantastic and gives a real advantage over the standard controller.

Curious to what your mappings are

seeing all the connections issues people are having just confirms I made the right call by staying away from this. Activision need to go full on dedicated servers if they want me back.

Can't believe only pc gamers get that honor while they've been milking console gamers for years now. So disrespectful.

Victrix

*beard*
nope, automatic and fires like a laser, as in, there's no recoil.

It has one of (if not the?) slowest rate of fire of any automatic in the game, it loses in any sort of CQC fight unless your opponent is hilariously bad. It's a lane control weapon, and if people are dumb enough to charge into your line of sight at long range repeatedly, they deserve to die to it.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Shiiit. And yet pre-release it was so touted this time around =/

Granted, I'm still early in it, and I might like it better if I could play co-op with friends.

But yeah, right now, the first three missions feels like a tutorial on how to use Bioshock plasmids. I do like playing as a girl, though...

seeing all the connections issues people are having just confirms I made the right call by staying away from this. Activision need to go full on dedicated servers if they want me back.

Can't believe only pc games get that honor while they've been milking console gamers for years now. So disrespectful.

PC has way less players. the console market is fine for the game. they don't need to add money tot a thriving market. sadtruth.com

Can someone confirm the zombies mode for me. I go to it and I see only one map. Is that all there is? I know its a huge map with four famouse voiced characters but I was under the impression you'd had a selection of more than one.

One map only. Huge and hard as fuck. You have to open so much shit to get to the power. If you're playing by yourself you will die fast unless you get a decent gun off the wall. This is stupid. I have been killed so many times in round 2-3. Fuck you treyarch.

Why can't I cancel my reloads with a click of left stick anymore?
I reload a lot (pretty much after every kill) and as such reload cancelling is important if I have to deal with an immediate threat with half a magazine worth of bullets left.

Not much wrong with 2 shot kill if it has a slow reload speed, ADS speed and rate of fire.
YY cancel.

MercuryLS

Banned
I've only played a bit of the SP and it's not that great, even by COD stabdards. MP is awesome, the gunplay, mobility and maps all fantastic. I will be playing this for a long time. I haven't been able to check out the zombies mode, can't connect to others.

One map only. Huge and hard as fuck. You have to open so much shit to get to the power. If you're playing by yourself you will die fast unless you get a decent gun off the wall. This is stupid. I have been killed so many times in round 2-3. Fuck you treyarch.

I thought they marketed zombies like it had its own campaign and story now. So it's just one zombie map and you can buy the rest of the story with dlc I guess ?

Is there some ADS speed change in the console version in some menu. The ADS aim speed is horribly slow. Normal aiming is fine, but this is just stupid. Edit: Or I am.

So Nuke Town isn't available to non pre-order players?

Fucking retarded. The video game industry needs a reality check with shit like this.

DNAbro

I thought they marketed zombies like it had its own campaign and story now. So it's just one zombie map and you can buy the rest of the story with dlc I guess ?

It has a story that will be continued in dlc. Ive been enjoying playing it with a friend locally. Liking better than the first BO2 map.

Jump - P3
Slide - P1
Reload - P4
Switch Weapon - P3

This is basically my setup in all FPS' atm. It's really working well.

Cool Ill try it out. I only tried a few games was a bit different feeling like going to analog the first time. but I can see already the benefits of this. I would be shocked if these paddles are not on all controllers in the future.

So Nuke Town isn't available to non pre-order players?

Ducking retarded. The video game industry needs a reality check with shit like this.

I am pretty sure it was in all day one releases. Its in the box.

Edit: I bought mine yesterday, no preorder and got one. As long as they have first run copies you should be fine.

Bishop89

I am pretty sure it was in all day one releases. Its in the box.

Edit: I bought mine yesterday, no preorder and got one. As long as they have first run copies you should be fine.

yeh, ive never preordered cod and have gotten all the preorder maps. Its a voucher in the game box.

J_Viper

Haven't hopped on the campaign yet, but the negative reactions are making me sad.

I so wanted this campaign to be the Syndicate 2 we'd never get.

Far from it. The recoil of every shot dramatically changes the location you're aiming at. A mid-range I find it quite easy to miss my second shot.

I have a much better time with it in that regard when using the Variks 3 (if thats what it's called, the scope with two levels of zoom)

Klyka

Banned
Curious that people have so many connection issues.

Is that only on console? PC with dedicated servers has been wonderful gaming.

Kingbrave

Anyone get this error on the Xbox one

sessionmode not set while attempting to get sessionmode specific dvar from base dvar: 0xa9924a26

when trying to connect to multiplayer? I've had it pop up a few times and can't find anything on google.

Murkas

Stupid question, is the zombies mode DLC/season pass or is it included in the base game?

I ask because it's the only mode that interested me and I haven't played Call of duty since maybe MW2.

EL CUCO

Dissapointed that 3Arc didn't fix the dang friendlist bug that was in the beta.

Still have to jump through hoops to join each other's game.

Delt31

Hard-line perk in this game seems to only give you 75 points which leaves 25 open. Seems like a waste. Anyway to get it to 100 so it's like staying with one kill? Just started

Top Bottom