• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

The thread seems kinda dead, but I just picked up the game on sale for PC. I've been messing around with Zombies and I would like to play the DLC maps but I don't want to have to pay for the whole season pass. Is there a way to purchase the maps separately or is the pass the only way to get them on PC now?

kuYuri

The thread seems kinda dead, but I just picked up the game on sale for PC. I've been messing around with Zombies and I would like to play the DLC maps but I don't want to have to pay for the whole season pass. Is there a way to purchase the maps separately or is the pass the only way to get them on PC now?

Season pass only. They removed the individual DLCs for sale because it would fragment the small playerbase too much.

Season pass only. They removed the individual DLCs for sale because it would fragment the small playerbase too much.

I guess that kinda makes sense but the community barely exists anyway at this point. Standard TDM is the only mode that ever has a decent number of players in it and it would be nice to play the other zombie maps without having to pay $50 for it and get a bunch of stuff I can't use. Oh well thanks for the reply.

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
Im guna be starting the single player to this monstrosity soon, can someone recommended a good sedative to take while playing this? Or do you recommend a supplement and lifting some big weight?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Im guna be starting the single player to this monstrosity soon, can someone recommended a good sedative to take while playing this? Or do you recommend a supplement and lifting some big weight?

You could try playing it with one hand if you've got the stamina

As far as I know a solid amount of people are still playing this.I doubt you'll have any issues finding people to play with, with the map packs. I've considered jumping back into it a couple of times since IW is such a disappointment.

Edit: What platform

Ganhyun

Well, I don't know if we knew numbers until yesterday or not, but Activision did say that IW sold 10.7 million copies whereas BLOPS3 sold over 26 million copies and it came out that Battlefield 1 outsold IW as well.

I just saw that CODBLOPS3 is available for 26,99 for the Gold Edition or 44,99 for the Digital Deluxe Edition.

I wanted to get the game for some time because I heard it can be played against a friend in split screen and the 4 player split screen zombi mode is fun.
I'm always looking for fun split screen Ps4 games.

My question: Is it worth buying the digital deluxe edition with the season pass? I'm probably not going to play the game online a lot. My main focus is split screen.
What does the season pass offer?

Has anybody gotten the Valentine skins?

Also, I've been playing a little bit again, so if anyone wants to play on PS4 feel free to add me, McCetra.

Also also, not sure how new it is, but the ability to get two rare crates is nice.

Daffy Duck

Has anybody gotten the Valentine skins?

Also, I've been playing a little bit again, so if anyone wants to play on PS4 feel free to add me, McCetra.

Also also, not sure how new it is, but the ability to get two rare crates is nice.

Nope I opened some boxes after saving up 45 keys and got naff all.

I swear RNGesus hates me and I've wronged him in a former life.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Is there a list of all of the supply drop weapons? I played again for the first time in a few months and I don't recognize a bunch of these guns.

I'm feeling nice

February 8th

March 21st

May 6th

June 14th

July 28th

October 17th

December 9th

February 7th

March 16th

Not gonna bother with the 20ish melee weapons.
You will not get any of these weapons. Forfeit all hope.

Overboost

You will not get any of these weapons. Forfeit all hope.
Just gotta keep earning keys. I have every one of those weapons that came out before October and a bunch of melees... haven't played since MWR came out in November, so nothing new for me after that. I spent maybe a total of $40-50 on COD points in Black Ops 3, got some lucky Rare opens, and got new guns when Treyarch had special contracts and weekend promos. Worth it for me with all the bonus keys and other cosmetics that I got.

Now, it's probably tough to get things like the Galil these days with more items added to the loot pool since last year, but definitely not impossible to get a ton of these weapons just through grinding keys. I went nuts during their 2X cryptokey weekends and always got at least one weapon as a result.

Always remember: Common supply drops are not worth it since you don't get bonus keys when you open them. I got 30 bonus keys all the time from Rares.

Daffy Duck

Fuck this game

Fuck supply drops

Fuck Activision

Fuck limited time only supply drop content

Looking for that limited edition camp save up for a daily double and a normal drop and get nothing but calling cards and common drops.

Screw this im not playing anymore.

Najaf

Fuck this game

Fuck supply drops

Fuck Activision

Fuck limited time only supply drop content

Looking for that limited edition camp save up for a daily double and a normal drop and get nothing but calling cards and common drops.

Screw this im not playing anymore.

This. Infinite warfare is not nearly as good, but it at least handles supply drops better in that you can use the base version of everything. Also, the multiple variants and drop odds make it so weapon drops are much more common. Blops3 lost a fan. Hope treyarch gets it right next time.

shanafan

Just curious for us PC players.. jumped into some BO3 action the other day, and noticed all the DLC maps were in my playlist. Woohoo obviously.

And then I noticed there was a No-DLC playlist for those without the DLC.

I did ask the chat in my game that it's nice to be able to play all the DLC, and someone said the maps are free. I checked on Steam, and they didn't appear to be free - the season pass was $40.

Were the DLC maps free at one point on PC, or are they just now in the rotation automatically for all players?

Nabs

The dev team made the maps free for everyone. It was supposed to last through the month of June, but they decided to let it run longer.

Top Bottom