• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Skittles

sounds like that's all for now until other platforms get the maps. do we have enough people in this OT do all the easter eggs before they release?

Toa TAK

Banned
sounds like that's all for now until other platforms get the maps. do we have enough people in this OT do all the easter eggs before they release?
95% of this OT doesn't even like the zombies mode now. Lol

Your best bet is the Party-Up Thread on Reddit. Life saver.

Skittles

You after people to do Easter eggs?

What country are you in? I'm uk and depending on when I'd be up to be hand held through them.
In the U.S.

The wisp from beating all the previous easter eggs is nuts. You can take it to samantha's room and all guns from the mystery box and wall buys will be pack a punched. Plus you get takeo's katana

Toa TAK

Banned
I was pretty happy we finally got to play with Takeo's Katana. It's something the fans have been aching for a long time, much like the PPSH-41.

Also, thoughts on the ending?

uZHT90t.gif

Personally? I'm getting flashes to Origins/Black Ops II's ending. All ambiguous and shit. Will Zombies go even further back in history to Third Crusade Zombies????

Daffy Duck

So if I want to get into this zombies stuff (and never having played zombies much before) with regards easter eggs and stuff do I just start with the first BO3 zombies map and work my way up through the DLC maps?

Also how easy are they to solo? Or should I party up through matchmaking?

hoggert

I liked the ending, but time loops/paradoxes and Malcolm McDowell are all soft spots for me.Funnily enough though, I wanted to double check that it actually was McDowell as Monty and not some doppelganger and it turns out he was also in that Silent Hills Revelations film lol

Toa TAK

Banned
So if I want to get into this zombies stuff (and never having played zombies much before) with regards easter eggs and stuff do I just start with the first BO3 zombies map and work my way up through the DLC maps?

Also how easy are they to solo? Or should I party up through matchmaking?
I highly recommend partying up with experienced people, or with people who know the maps very well in order to get the Easter Eggs done.

What helps me out personally is whenever a map comes out I just play a few games just to get the gist and flow of the map. So I know the map layout and where things are and what they do, including the buildables, power, and mystery box.

Shadows of Evil is the only one that can't be done solo, but in my experience it's always better off (and more fun, really) playing with a group of people. It's a lot easier for when you inevitably go down, especially during the boss fights. Plus, with four players you absorb a lot more of the dialogue between the characters, humorous as it usually is.

Don't go on public matchmaking to find EE groups. Not saying it's impossible, but go to the Reddit page and hook up with people there in the party-up thread. It's the best way to hook up with people who are in the same mindset as you.
I liked the ending, but time loops/paradoxes and Malcolm McDowell are all soft spots for me.Funnily enough though, I wanted to double check that it actually was McDowell as Monty and not some doppelganger and it turns out he was also in that Silent Hills Revelations film lol
Malcom McDowell is the man. I'm the same, playing around with time and the time loop itself is pretty interesting. Only issue it always causes a story to go off the rails, and zombies was already that from the beginning.

When I first saw the Easter Egg ending, I was kinda stunned because I thought there would be more. But then I thought about how Origins ended, and figured there's more to come whether it's BOIII or in the next Treyarch installment.

People are convinced that there's more. I highly doubt it but we'll see once Xbox and PC players get their hand on it.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
So I've been trying to wean myself off of Black Ops 3 (stopped doing the contracts as of late) and I went back to try Ghosts again for the umpteenth time.

Played it for several hours, trying a bunch of different loadouts and weapon types. God I still hate it. Even beyond stuff like the map design, it is just so sluggish and unfun on a basic feel level. And holy hell the framerate drops in multiplayer. Ridiculous. And the one thing I at least expected was better hit detection since people have been lauding it in comparison to Black Ops 3 as of late (the grass is always greener and all that.) Those people are high. The hit detection in Ghosts is just as bad, if not worse than Black Ops 3's. It's just the extremely low TTK folks want.

I keep reading folks saying how underrated it is. I vehemently disagree. I really really hope Infinite Warfare took some cues from Black Ops 3 in terms of default handling and movement speeds.

Skittles

People are convinced that there's more. I highly doubt it but we'll see once Xbox and PC players get their hand on it.
Oh there's more, a well known data miner has confirmed such. Just gotta wait until we find more. Dude has said we've barely found anything gorod and there's still plently in reveleations(and some stuff in shadows)

Toa TAK

Banned
Oh there's more, a well known data miner has confirmed such. Just gotta wait until we find more. Dude has said we've barely found anything gorod and there's still plently in reveleations(and some stuff in shadows)

Oh I know that, but I always err on the side of skepticism.

Whats up this game since the patch? it seems like after every round I have to leave the lobby and find a new game, because people will leave and then that lobby will never find new players. It's pretty annoying because I get thrown into games half the time that are already in progress or we're just getting smoked.

I played for the first time last night in almost 3 weeks, due to vacation, but before I left it seemed to be the same way.

What's everyone's SMG of choice? I've been trying to decide between the Vesper and the Weevil. Apparently the late got nerfed before I bought the b game, which is why the range is so poor. The fire rate is magical though, in close quarters it runs everyone down!

I really need to get the rapid fire attachment for the Vesper unlocked and compare the two.

Whats up this game since the patch? it seems like after every round I have to leave the lobby and find a new game, because people will leave and then that lobby will never find new players. It's pretty annoying because I get thrown into games half the time that are already in progress or we're just getting smoked.

I played for the first time last night in almost 3 weeks, due to vacation, but before I left it seemed to be the same way.

Yeah I've noticed that. It's happening more and more today.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
What's everyone's SMG of choice? I've been trying to decide between the Vesper and the Weevil. Apparently the late got nerfed before I bought the b game, which is why the range is so poor. The fire rate is magical though, in close quarters it runs everyone down!

The VMP is probably the most used gun in the game. Second fastest fire-rate of the SMGs while having more damage, more ammo, and better stability than the vesper. Because... balance?

On Demand

Banned
Is the playerbase down that much already? I can hardly get a match of groundwar. It says there's 1% in the playlist. This usually happens after a new COD is released and everyone migrates over there, but not before. Wow.

The VMP is probably the most used gun in the game. Second fastest fire-rate of the SMGs while having more damage, more ammo, and better stability than the vesper. Because... balance?

So when I said Weevil I meant the Vesper. Jesus I'm bad with the names of the weapons. I ended up seeing a class with each, as the VMP is definitely better all round, but the Vesper has the edge close up. Outside of that I love the XR2, the Gorgon, and the 205 Brecci.

Went from lvl 11 to 41 over the past week. I finally feel the game is clicking after having it since May, getting used to the movement, thrusters, weapons and maps. It's actually got me excited for IW, though BF1 is probably going to dominate my time this year.

The only thing is that I can't snipe to save my life. Unlike the other weapons I don't even find it fun to try.

I reckon I'll be able to get to Lvl 55 before BF1 launches, at which point it'll be a nice point to end up on.

They need to improve matchmaking playlists though in IW to always have ones for each DLC pack. It's a bit of a joke that I have the season pass and I rarely get to play on those maps.

The back end of the game has been fucked for a long time now and Treyarch don't seem to be talking about it. I'm playing on PS4 and the only improvement i've seen in the last week or two is that it hitches slightly less but its far from perfect.

So after having the map pack since day one on PS4 I've finally played all of the newest map and Citadel is by far my favorite. The amount of sniping and camping is a little ridiculous but I love the style and layout of it.

Toa TAK

Banned
Also basically all but confirmed that indeed, there is a Super Easter Egg.
The zombie community is imploding right now.

First there was a 3rd encrypted video file signalling that there was a 3rd cutscene, along with encrypted audio quotes (which means it'll be awhile before we get quote vids. *sadface* )

Then once it was decrypted it turns out that it was just the Shadows of Evil cutscene.

Then chaos. It's damn near a civil war over this.
So after having the map pack since day one on PS4 I've finally played all of the newest map and Citadel is by far my favorite. The amount of sniping and camping is a little ridiculous but I love the style and layout of it.
I'm aboslutely loving this DLC. It's one of the few, few times where a COD DLC pack has stood out to me. All four maps are a lot of fun, and I completely missed out that on the Outskirts remake, they replaced the tanks with Manticores. That's great, and they're not overpowered, either, which makes it all balanced.

Standoff remake should've been in a long time ago, glad it's back.

Citadel really is fantastic, I think. It's solid for domination and I like that there's a lot more water to swim through and mess around with.

But the one that takes the cake for me is Micro. Pure silliness and it's a total twitchfest per usual as a small map. Plus, I can hide in coffee and cup holders. What's not to like?

You guys going to be in the infinite warfare beta?

I'm gonna sit that one out. Combied with BF1 coming out soon along with schoolwork, I'm not feeling read to commit to another COD game I'm not exactly feeling good about.

Skittles

man, the codzombies subreddit went from very good to absolute shit hole the past few months. no wonder the mods are getting fed up and the data miner pretty much left

Toa TAK

Banned
man, the codzombies subreddit went from very good to absolute shit hole the past few months. no wonder the mods are getting fed up and the data miner pretty much left

MrRoflWoffles just put out a great video explaining the whole thing up to the present. Basically, a Super Easter Egg isn't confirmed or denied.

But what gets me on the boat, is the fact that the PC files are encrypted. It wasn't like that in previous titles or the previous DLCs, so something's clearly up. Of the few decrypted files we got Malcom McDowell saying the typical pick up lines like "Max Ammo" and such.

If anything, I'm willing to be it'll be like how the cross-map ending was in Black Ops II, where there's not exactly a cutscene, but different dialogue happened at the end of Buried.

BBboy20

I was pretty happy we finally got to play with Takeo's Katana. It's something the fans have been aching for a long time, much like the PPSH-41.

Also, thoughts on the ending?

uZHT90t.gif

Personally? I'm getting flashes to Origins/Black Ops II's ending. All ambiguous and shit. Will Zombies go even further back in history to Third Crusade Zombies????
I take it this ride never ends?

Top Bottom