• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Klyka

Banned
I wish they would go.back.to team skins. I am sick .of seeing a player and not knowing what team they are on. There was a reason.devs did that in older games. if you want personalization make the colors clearly define the team's like TF2.

I swear when I play the team games, the enemies are always dark/red and my team is always light/blue

For those encryption key things?

As far as I know they are doing something like Planetside 2 does where people sell their creations for real money in an ingame shop.

Branson

If you are limited to one game in November, i say go with F4 imo. It's been 7 years, since the last instalment. Ofcourse you must factor, your preferences in the final decision.
7 years? New Vegas came out in 2010.

Anyway wow at the negative impressions in here.

MattyG

Banned
The mouse aiming feels so bad that I almost feel like I'm at an advantage using a controller. This is probably the only game I'll ever say that about.

Docpan

Framerate and presentation, even the gameplay seems totally different between single and myltiplayer. Were they made by totally different teams? Hint: multi is much better

Alienous

Fuck that

That's all AW was.....smash the fucking jump button. The speed and insanely small map size instantly made me return that game....utter garbage.

Black Ops 3 is the perfect balance in CoD feel and AW's movement system.....which is basically Titanfall. It never feels too extreme and your dude still has weight. AW did not feel like a CoD game to me.

The boost-strafe wasn't the jump button, and I do miss it. It added to the survivability of Call of Duty. If you poke your head out of a corner to see an enemy you don't really have any other option that to start shooting. The boost-strafe allowed you to gain some distance and reassess what you're going to do.

It was was thrust-jump that fucked up AW's multiplayer, not the boost-strafe. Whoever thought that players launching into the air in a console shooter was a good idea made a mistake.

Black Ops 4 should really be a
mostlyWW2 game starring your character from 3 who about halfway through starts recalling what happened to her/him then the memories start jumping all around to some real stuff, some W@W/BO1/2/3 settings and interactions, even throw in some "fake" corrupted memories which could be based around Modern Warfare/Ghosts/AW
As your character slowly takes control after overcoming all the memories and tries to get their body back.

Hi guys,

I preordered the game and what the content of the preorder content?

Also the matches would be more enjoyable if the game stops pairing me against lv 45 guys. (I am lv 6)

mcz117chief

I am having so much fun with the editor :D You can pull off some pretty impressive stuff once you figure out all the tricks and tips. I have made myself this one in about 30 minutes, so far my best work :)
12184064_10206964924554137_2951489077605247293_o.jpg

Finally able to get online today but needed to select Play Online about 3 times before it connected. After that - no issues. Games were very much lag free.

I also suck.

Badly lol.

If your on the fence about this game...

1 do you like MP FPS games?
2 do you like MP FPS games with a lot of content?
3 do you really listen to people complaining on GAF?

Just get the damn game it is amazeballs!

Ambient80

I'm having a blast so far. Finally Treyarch releases their CoD. Everything just feels so much more complete than AW did at launch.

The ELO optic is my new favorite sight. So good. You just need to wait till weapon level 16 to use it, lol.

Just prestiged my Man-O-War. Can use my clan tag on the gun now...but I don't even think it's really visible.

For Theater mode, can you not edit clips and save them? Looks really lame compared to BO2..unless I'm missing something.

I am having so much fun with the editor :D You can pull off some pretty impressive stuff once you figure out all the tricks and tips. I have made myself this one in about 30 minutes, so far my best work :)

It's nice, though it's missing alignment tools. I need my stuff to be perfectly centered either horizontally or vertically, and with pixel-perfect spacing, but ah, what's a man gonna do.

#spoiledbyadobe

mcz117chief

It's nice, though it's missing alignment tools. I need my stuff to be perfectly centered either horizontally or vertically, and with pixel-perfect spacing, but ah, what's a man gonna do.

#spoiledbyadobe

you at least got coordinates here so you can make it pixel perfect if you work with the numbers.

Drewfonse

I'd agree with all of this. The muscle memory thing... yeah. I remember playing MW2 and BO1 and how natural it felt. This one, I'm all over the place with my aiming and complete garbage. Cranking the sensitivity down is annoying but necessary until I get used to the movement. It does all seem very fast and precise, even using an LMG.

I've found using that one sight that highlights enemies in red has helped a lot with when they are hard to pick out against the environment.

This game is utter crack, help.

What's the sight that highlights enemies in red? I need all the help I can get. I'm awful.

Please tell me there are other Domination players .. This going alone is killing my win/loss .. Teammates going 0-21 and 4-30 .. Feeding killstreaks

Randam

I kind of do but I have no idea what I am supposed to do in that mode.

I love it, I normally don't like zombies but I love the 40's and noire so I'm really into it.

the 40th setting doesn't really bother me, but the tentacle monster stuff.

btw.: character moving around as monster looks soo bad..

hey, nice one.

will recreate the 10th prestige emblem from W@W again.
did the same for bo1 and 2.

Vinc

So is there a clear winner in resolution / performance across XBO and PS4? I'm thinking of getting this, but Fallout 4 will likely not leave my PS4 for months.

J_Viper

Two levels into the campaign and good god is it dull.

The lame characters, awful writing, boring combat, no exciting set pieces, this seems like such a huge step down from the previous Treyarch campaigns.

Bolivar687

Banned
Day 0: WE HYPE
DAY 1: I LIKE
Day 1, noon: :/
Day 1, night: WHY DID I PREORDER

Gaf and its hyperbole. I for one, am having fun.

Yeah same thing happened last year with Advanced Warfare. Game is all around very solid. Sometimes you just need to take a break or try a different Playlist if things aren't working out.

dcelw540

Two levels into the campaign and good god is it dull.

The lame characters, awful writing, boring combat, no exciting set pieces, this seems like such a huge step down from the previous Treyarch campaigns.
Oh I know. :(
I play cods for the campaigns and love treyarch campaign but this one was awful :(

Couleurs

Probably a dumb question, but do campaign unlocks/experience carry over to multiplayer?

I've been holding off on doing the campaign until I get bored, so I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing out on anything that would help with MP.

dcelw540

Probably a dumb question, but do campaign unlocks/experience carry over to multiplayer?

I've been holding off on doing the campaign until I get bored, so I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing out on anything that would help with MP.
Just titles for playing it on difficulties I think but no real equipment

I see a lot of people comparing this to AW, but I was smart enough to avoid that game so I haven't got an anchor to compare it to. How does bo3 stand up to bo2 and bo1? (I pretty much ignored the series after bo2)
I should probably say I didn't like bo2 anywhere near as much as the first one. (Mainly for the zombies)

Top Bottom