• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Where would I see this? The only options related to that are in the social menu at game start where you can set your party to open or closed.

At the very beginning (the screen after the sitting dude). So I think what may happen is that by default, it logs you in online, and you get

Campaign
Multiplayer
Zombies
Play Local
Store

But unfortunately, it doesn't seem to actually say "online" on the main menu. But if you go to Play Local, it does actually say "local". That's where I saw the message about how saves there don't carry over to the online profile. The menu looks like this in Local

Campaign
Multiplayer
Zombies
Freerun
Find LAN Game
Play Online

So it looks like by default it treats everything as online, even if you're technically playing by yourself. But you can switch to Play Local to ignore that feature (but it counts as a separate "offline" save I guess). Though you can load any mission at any time, so you can technically skip to the last mission if you want locally.

CHC

So are there any kind of "variety" sections in the campaign? Sniping, stealth, interesting vehicles, etc? I always liked those scenes in COD, stuff like when you cover your team from the air or whatever.

So since the servers were down I decided to play the campaign. Went a good three missions and then the servers went up. HAVE TO START OVER AGAIN.

Fuck always online games forever.

Phionoxx

Where would I see this? The only options I've seen that sound related to that are in the social menu at game start where you can set your party to open or closed.

Main menu right after you would hit a button to advance beyond the title screen. Toward the bottom of the screen there is an option for either Play Online or Play Local depending on if your currently connected to the servers or not.

Downside is the campaign progression is split between the two modes. But what I've done is just use that to have two different campaign playthroughs on separate difficulties.

So since the servers were down I decided to play the campaign. Went a good three missions and then the servers went up. HAVE TO START OVER AGAIN.

Fuck always online games forever.

Just switch to local mode, your progress is still there. For some reason they split local and online saves, makes no sense at all.

Also I can't get any online games to start once I join them, anyone else having trouble?

I've never got into or understood Zombies. This time though, I want to experience it. Playing solo games (not online as I would only annoy the experienced players). Eating Gobblegum, knifing zombies. But does one ever discover the crafting without having to view YouTube guides?

GodofWine

These maps are awesome, I on the other hand am only cruising along at .80, but winning most games, despite me.

Dingo is my favorite gun so far, it like an SMG trapped in a LMGs body

Whatever DS4 you're using now will be worn out in 6 months, might as well get the COD one as a spare.

I'm not that hard on them! I don't use them a ton, and have two -- one of which was used once and the other, which is only a couple of months old and barely used -- but do want this one.

I might buy it, but it'll end up being almost $90.

Wasp

Who playtested the campaign splitscreen? Nobody it seems.

In the second level you fight on top of a moving train but the trapdoor bits that you're supposed to use as cover are invisible for player 2. They still exist with collision detection in their game, they just don't appear.

Likewise in the third level there's a large blue shipping container suspended above a dock that doesn't appear for player 2, causing them to get stuck on an invisible object.

I'm sure there's many more stuff like this that I haven't noticed.

Redmoon

Question. Are there more AA settings than FXAA and SMAA? I saw on a streamers game they had like 6/8 options, whereas I only see two

Please tell me I'm not the only one on a huge learning curve with new movements and maps? Played 4 MP games and I get slaughtered. 😢

Really you could play like any other cod, the new movement options just give some tactical advantages where you can get the drop on people not expecting it. Best thing to do is try wall running wherever when you're on the offensive and learn to look at those spots on the defensive if you think someone is coming.

I'm loving this game so much. The Weevil is a new, better P90, had so much fun with it the last few games. Pretty much all the guns feel really good and strong. The P06 is nuts if you have good anticipation. Haven't really seen anything unbalanced so far. The haymaker seemed a bit op on day 1, seeing less of those now though. Thank god.

EL CUCO

This has to be the worst launch I've ever seen for a Call of Duty. Most of these same spotty connection issues were happening during the beta, as well...

This has to be the worst launch I've ever seen for a Call of Duty. Most of these same spotty connection issues were happening during the beta, as well...
Hands down worst, weird since usually cod is on point.

Checked the status page and ps4, ps3 and of seem to be having problems.

wrongway

Lol what the fuck, can I seriously not continue my campaign or access my saved emblem with the servers down? Is this real life right now?

This error code though.

HB20xNV.png

Really you could play like any other cod, the new movement options just give some tactical advantages where you can get the drop on people not expecting it. Best thing to do is try wall running wherever when you're on the offensive and learn to look at those spots on the defensive if you think someone is coming.

I'm loving this game so much. The Weevil is a new, better P90, had so much fun with it the last few games. Pretty much all the guns feel really good and strong. The P06 is nuts if you have good anticipation. Haven't really seen anything unbalanced so far. The haymaker seemed a bit op on day 1, seeing less of those now though. Thank god.
Thanks. I suppose I will get used to it. Just very fast paced, loving the game though.

Top Bottom