• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call Of Duty: Black Ops |Sep 1st Reveal|

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Silent footsteps on regular ninja? So good.

Can't even remember what Ninja did in MW2 now..

user_nat said:
Silent footsteps on regular ninja? So good.

Can't even remember what Ninja did in MW2 now..
It made you invisible to heart beat sensors. I always thought pro and standard ninja in mw2 should be the other way around.

Presco

Been entirely dark on this game but getting excited for the release. Did I read that list of pro perks correctly...sleight of hand Pro is faster aiming down sights on non-scoped weapons only??? This makes me a bit sad. It's not like quick scoping is easily abusable. But it's fun to do every once in a while.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
That's the first time I've seen all of the perks and their Pro versions - hot damn they're good...

Some of the changes to the ones from MW2 made me hype, like Scavenger having extra mags as Pro - that is just too nice! Best part is that the challenges makes it less likely for everyone to have the Pro versions - I like that Treyarch!

I jumped back into MW2 for the first time in months a few hours ago and was surprised as hell at how good it went - I actually hardly saw any campers, there might have been some nuke boosters but I wasn't sure, I made a ton of kills and streaks and surprisingly there was no lag...

All these changes are making me hyped as hell but I'm trying to cut down on the spending, plus I don't want another game to balance shooter time with Halo Reach.... hmmmm.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Skilotonn said:
Some of the changes to the ones from MW2 made me hype, like Scavenger having extra mags as Pro - that is just too nice!
Pretty that was the same in MW2.

Fixed1979

I wan't planning on picking this up, pretty much ignored COD after the first MW, but there's something about what I've seen on this that I'm kinda excited about.

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
does anyone know if the PC version allows for non-dedicated server play? Obviously, getting dedicated servers back is a huge thing. But, can you choose to host a private game for you and friends?

Fixed1979 said:
Does anyone know if the retail version will allow Steam activation?

yes, it does.

zaidr

Stallion Free said:
Yes it's a good idea, they switched back to dedicated servers so you don't have to wait on match-making. Then again, I have never seen less than a couple thousand people in any playlist on PC, are you sure your ports are fine? The only time I have had issues get matched is when I am with 4-5 bros.

Really? Well, before even entering matchmaking for the gametype, it shows how many people are playing each game type. Tonight, I got on, and 56 people playing CTF... Sabotage, a gametype I liked to play in MW1, 396 people...except for TDM and its varients (hardcore, mercenary), its a wasteland...

Xux

I'll hide a video of Dead Ops Arcade, the third Zombie map, in this post. Big ass spoiler.

Also, video of an easter eggish thing. Pretty massive spoiler as well.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
h0pper said:
does anyone know if the PC version allows for non-dedicated server play? Obviously, getting dedicated servers back is a huge thing. But, can you choose to host a private game for you and friends?
I'm interested in knowing this for the zombie game type. Does that game type haft to be played on dedicated servers?

LegoDad

zaidr said:
I think 120hz TVs actually work the way you said. They make everything run at 120fps, by duplicating frames in between the actual frames of video. So, in essence, you are running at 120fps. Regular HDTV don't do this though, only the 120hz ones.

Those videos on dailymotion look really really nice. I just watched the Gamespot piece on Black Ops multiplayer, and even that didn't look as good as the dailymotion videos. Anyone want to take a second look and confirm/deny that the game actually runs that nice on consoles, or is it the capture device / tv of the person making the video that makes it look so good?

120hz tvs don't make the movement smoother, that's the interpolation between frames also called motionflow. You can still have 120hz on without that crap.

Circle T

I'm just now catching up with this thread after a few days away, so excuse me if this has been covered. With Warlord Pro, do you not get 2 attachments on your secondary any more, like you did previously with Bling Pro?

Circle T said:
I'm just now catching up with this thread after a few days away, so excuse me if this has been covered. With Warlord Pro, do you not get 2 attachments on your secondary any more, like you did previously with Bling Pro?
No, you get an extra grenade instead.

The new Pro requirements are awful. It's not going to encourage me to play outside of my comfort zone. It's going to do the opposite. I'm going to get my preferred Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 perks to Pro level and then never get anything else, since I won't be forced to play CTF or Domination.

Circle T

buy teh haloz said:
No, you get an extra grenade instead.
OK, cool. I saw the extra grenade listed on the previous page, I just didn't know if that was in addition to the extra secondary attachment, since it seems a few Pro perks now have a couple bonuses. Thanks though.

Xux

Damn, they redid all of the Create-a-Class weapon portraits and now they're all angled and shaded the same. Doesn't really have much to do with anything at all but it does look really cool.

clav

Halo Reach or this game. I already split-screened co-op for Reach.

Hmmm.....

Did not enjoy WaW although I did like Nazi Zombies, and I enjoyed MW2 multiplayer, but I didn't buy any of the DLC.

Kyoufu

Black Ops is already better than W@W because this game does not have tanks ruining the experience. Hopefully the maps are better than W@W's also.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Kyoufu said:
Black Ops is already better than W@W because this game does not have tanks ruining the experience. Hopefully the maps are better than W@W's also.

WaW had the best maps in the series.

Just saw the surprise that you get after you beat the single player. Wow, depending on how you look at it, it's either really cool, or really fucking lame.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Anyone pick this up in NYC yet, hoping my game dealer breaks street date like they did with MW2 (got it 5 days early)

Really want to play it

Kyoufu said:
I disagree. Far too open for my tastes. COD4's maps were miles and miles better.

I mostly agree, but I don't think they were too open - they still felt functional enough and for once were better with more players. Castle, Cliffside, Banzai and Makin were all superb, but more for their combination of visuals and design - ie. I don't think they'd be nearly as much fun if they remade them as Black Ops DLC.

Top Bottom