• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call Of Duty: Black Ops |Sep 1st Reveal|

zaidr

h0pper said:
glad to see I'm not going crazy :lol
maybe we were seeing it on an HD monitor or something? Not sure how much truth there is to this, but someone was telling me that the reason bd looks so smooth on tv's with processors like 120hz is because it syncs up perfectly. but, I know I'm not the only one who has noticed that effect. if you watch a dvd on a sd tv, it looks like what we're used to. but watching bd on an hd tv, it's almost like there is more fps.

alot of people are getting it for pc, including myself. there is actually quite a few pc players in this thread.

I think 120hz TVs actually work the way you said. They make everything run at 120fps, by duplicating frames in between the actual frames of video. So, in essence, you are running at 120fps. Regular HDTV don't do this though, only the 120hz ones.

Those videos on dailymotion look really really nice. I just watched the Gamespot piece on Black Ops multiplayer, and even that didn't look as good as the dailymotion videos. Anyone want to take a second look and confirm/deny that the game actually runs that nice on consoles, or is it the capture device / tv of the person making the video that makes it look so good?

zaidr

LabouredSubterfuge said:
I'm so glad they took all that shit off the clusterfuck HUD. Good fucking riddens.

Yes. I admire the sounds. I don't need the crazy words and shit on screen though...

Strider2K99 said:
Pretty much confirmed. We've seen multiple sources showing them already.
One source says Ghost Pro doesn't actually make you invisible to dogs, and Vondeharr has been replying to tweets about confirmed pro perks with "Do you believe everything you read on the internet?" so there's probably still a bit of wiggle room.

kuYuri

Cosmo Clock 21 said:
One source says Ghost Pro doesn't actually make you invisible to dogs, and Vondeharr has been replying to tweets about confirmed pro perks with "Do you believe everything you read on the internet?" so there's probably still a bit of wiggle room.

Sethos even posted a vid earlier showing the pro perks, looks pretty real to me.

Nizz

Strider2K99 said:
Pretty much confirmed. We've seen multiple sources showing them already.
The running class can still be pretty beast though. No annoying Commando thank God. But I see that the pro version of lightweight is no falling damage.

Hey, the OT post is gone! :( Guess I'll wait till tomorrow to get a better look at the perks.

Sethos said:
I used it in SP, it actually looks badass now ( The one in MW2 looked a bit camp ) and it's going to be one of my new favourite weapons I'm sure.
Nice. Looking forward to using the M14 as well. Really like semi-atuomatic rifles in these games. Just run around with my M1in BC2 now. :lol

Xux

Cosmo Clock 21 said:

Yeah, I've heard the final version doesn't have Blackbird invisibility at all, either.

I remember that tweet, though; the dude asking was actually saying something that wasn't on the confirmed list or he was mixing them up or something.

DoomGyver

Somnium986 said:
Nice. Looking foward to using the M14 as well. Really like semi-atuomatic rifles in these games. Just run around with my M1 in BC2 now. :lol
Yes! M14 will be my first purchase. I'm interested in how well the grip helps with its recoil.

G_Berry

Banned
Holy shit that gamespot vid has me so exited. Unlocking the pro versions? AWESOME!

Edit: WTF happens when you pop the mannequin heads off?! :lol

G_Berry said:
Holy shit that gamespot vid has me so exited. Unlocking the pro versions? AWESOME!

Yeah these game modes are brilliant, not sure I'll be a fan of 1 bullet but sharpshooter and gun game, yes please.

purple cobra said:
The running class can still be pretty beast though. No annoying Commando thank God. But I see that the pro version of lightweight is no falling damage.

Hey, the OT post is gone! :( Guess I'll wait till tomorrow to get a better look at the perks.

Just for you: :lol

GTo1G.png

c8byn.png

mdnbC.png

k7eZl.png

oKXBr.png

UFIAN.png

LabouredSubterfuge said:
I noticed that too. Kinda sucks since some game modes do nothing for me like Capture the Flag, Domination or Sabotage.
Same here, and yet we have to play them if we want the pro perk. C'mon, Treyarch.

Xux

Koroshi said:
I don't like that they force you to play a certain game mode to get a pro perk.

I don't mind. It's not like any game mode is that much better than any other.

Kyoufu

I never played MW2 so I have no idea how Pro perks work exactly. Do they inherit the normal perk along with their new trait or just the pro trait itself?

Tokubetsu

Ghost or Lightweight, all day. Sucks that Ghost is gonna affect the look of my character though. I don't want to be wearing a ghilie suit all the time.

Koroshi said:
I don't like that they force you to play a certain game mode to get a pro perk.

They do? Isnt it just like MW2 where if you use a perk enough you get challenge complete for it and just unlock the pro version?

Tokubetsu

bobs99 ... said:
They do? Isnt it just like MW2 where if you use a perk enough you get challenge complete for it and just unlock the pro version?

Nope, certain pro perks have requirements like "Cap X number of Flags in CTF" to get lightweight pro for example. I like the system honestly.

Basically, they're working it out like "Okay, this kind of player uses lightweight a lot so this means that they're more likely to encounter enemies first so give them an X number of first strike requirements. They're also gonna be carrying objectives etc etc"

DRE Fei

The pro perk challenges look pretty interesting/difficult to get. Forcing people into game modes that are outside of their comfort zone to unlock them is an interesting way to make players earn that stuff but it seems a bit hardcore. Maybe not EVERY player will have the pro perks this time. Prestiging is going to be an even tougher choice for players now. Do I give up my hard-earned pro perks for a bit of prestige (15 times wtf), or do I stay at 50?

I'm assuming that increasing the number of prestige levels means that you can reach max level in less time than before. Am I off-base in guessing around 20 hours of playtime?

DRE Fei said:
I'm assuming that increasing the number of prestige levels means that you can reach max level in less time than before. Am I off-base in guessing around 20 hours of playtime?

I always estimated 48 hours of playtime per prestige for MW2, so I'd guess ~30 hours playtime per prestige here.

Xux

DRE Fei said:

I remember Vahn saying a "good" player in the beta got it in 24 hours play time. I also remember someone saying that reaching prestige is faster for people who don't wanna prestige so they have all of the options earlier and for the people that wanted the rewards for prestiging to get them faster in succession.

Also, you could see in that prestige video the prestige 11 reward is a set of face paint that looks like tribal tattoos.

Koroshi said:
Wow, that pisses me off. Looks like Treyarch was just bluffing with their "quickscope nerfing".

That's a big negative if quick-scoping is back in. It's one of the main things that makes MW2 broken.

Top Bottom