• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call Of Duty: Black Ops |Sep 1st Reveal|

Sethos

Banned
mysticwhip said:
Does BO have the same camo for guns as MW2?

Don't think so, there's 16 new ones.

Konig94 said:
Why would they do this? The only time I would play with bots is when I don't have an Internet connection.

Bots were added for people who hadn't made the jump to MP. They also give you XP and stats towards challenges etc. ( Less than normal I believe ) - So it had to be online to avoid boosting.

I do agree though, they should have had some bots that didn't give you anything so people could mess around offline.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Raaaaa... dunno whether to get this or save all my monies for cata.

Where oh where did the absurd amount of disposable income from highschool go?

ruxtpin

Banned
I'm just thinking out loud here... But are there any game-types in MW2 or BO that implement the nuke into the game-play (other than having it has a 25 kill-streak reward?)

Granted, it might be a horrible idea, and if anyone says it is... So be it. But would it be possible on larger maps to have a nuke go off at intervals, and you'd have to be inside a building to survive the blast? So as you're playing whatever mode, periodically everyone on both teams is making a mad dash for the closest building so they don't get killed? In my mind I'm thinking it could be a hilarious cluster-fuck as all players are trying to avoid getting killed by the nuke.

.nimrod

ruxtpin said:
I'm just thinking out loud here... But are there any game-types in MW2 or BO that implement the nuke into the game-play (other than having it has a 25 kill-streak reward?)
there's no nuke in Black Ops

Granted, it might be a horrible idea, and if anyone says it is... So be it. But would it be possible on larger maps to have a nuke go off at intervals, and you'd have to be inside a building to survive the blast? So as you're playing whatever mode, periodically everyone on both teams is making a mad dash for the closest building so they don't get killed? In my mind I'm thinking it could be a hilarious cluster-fuck as all players are trying to avoid getting killed by the nuke.
Crossfire in the original Half-Life had that, you could push a button to launch a countdown and everybody that wasn't in the bunker died :D

ruxtpin said:

I think it would be hilarious, I can imagine people running past eachother just not bothering to shoot in a mad dash to get inside.

Im not sure it would be something that I would enjoy after the initial hilarity of it wore off, but it would be a laugh for a while.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Koroshi said:
Wow, that pisses me off. Looks like Treyarch was just bluffing with their "quickscope nerfing".
What are you talking about? That looks nothing like the MW2 skill vids. He clearly moves the reticule once in scope and he doesn't fire until the entering scope animation is completed. He's good so QQ.

.nimrod

Stallion Free said:
What are you talking about? That looks nothing like the MW2 skill vids. He clearly moves the reticule once in scope and he doesn't fire until the entering scope animation is completed. [...]
Which is exactly what quickscoping is.

kuYuri

ruxtpin said:

This sounds exactly like KZ2's DLC map...

Anyway, the closest thing was Global Thermonuclear War in MW2 which was a game mode cut out of the final product.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbFeSd1-zAA

I've seen most of the maps now and the only one that looks a bit iffy to me is Havana.

Also holy shit at the decoy grenade. Can just imagine people spamming the map with these and making everyone go schizo. :D

Just got home to find a COD black ops pack on my bed, its got the code for the flight suit for your xbox avatar, digital content disc and picture cell (mines of a guy absailing with a silenced UZI in his hand)

Nice little thing I guess.

Nizz

dope4goldrope said:
Yep. Fair game in my book. The scope-in is noticeably slower and he's aiming, can't do anything but tip your hat to him.
Yep, you can see the reticle doesn't seem to "snap" in place. This guy is just very good.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet, or was being debated regarding it's existence...

...but you can now disable Aim-Assist in MP. Dope

-viper- said:
Why am I seeing the shitty WW2 weapons in Black Ops zombies mode?
I saw a short clip with a modern SMG. I didn't look too long though.

johnFkennedy said:
You could do this in Waw and the first Modern Warfare. You wanna leave it on. Trust me.
I thought it was just for single player....

LeMaximilian said:
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet, or was being debated regarding it's existence...

...but you can now disable Aim-Assist in MP. Dope

You could do this in Waw and the first Modern Warfare. You wanna leave it on. Trust me.

Sethos

Banned
Koroshi said:
Sethos, are you using Lightweight in those map videos? It looks like your body has no weight at all and you're just floating around.

No idea man, the classes I used were default in the game, even the custom classes had a random loadout - I just changed the weapons on a few of them and that's about it.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
johnFkennedy said:

I coulda swore it was only for single player, even tho it was in the MP options menu. From what I remember, BO is the first COD where you can finally toggle that feature during MP.

LeMaximilian said:
So, does anyone know if you HAVE to be on Xbox Live to do Combat Training or have a room with Bots?
This is 2010, you can't expect to be able to play a single player mode offline any more! Come on man, what were you thinking.

Sethos

Banned
Somnium986 said:
Wow, these maps look great! The SP looks good, but I might cave and jump in to MP early. Has there been any footage of the FAL yet? Was my fav gun in MW2.

I used it in SP, it actually looks badass now ( The one in MW2 looked a bit camp ) and it's going to be one of my new favourite weapons I'm sure.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Neuromancer said:
This is 2010, you can't expect to be able to play a single player mode offline any more! Come on man, what were you thinking.

80771308.jpg

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
does anyone else notice how smooth the gameplay looks?

it reminds of the same effect when I first saw blu ray on a TV with a 120hz chip.

I'm really liking the look of this game.

Top Bottom