• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Zombies

GOOCHY

If there's one thing in pop culture that I really could not care about less it's zombies, zombie movies, TV shows, etc. I just don't get it. Hopefully this mode will be fun.

BigEmil

Looks good, like the setting, like the vibe, like the 80's music. But I can't help think this will be just as convoluted and overly-complex as BLOPS3. Remember the old K.I.S.S. rules, why can't they just keep it simple?
Season Pass dlc zombies for BLOPS3 wasn't as convoluted as the first one. Especially the Giants map which is a remake of WAW zombie map its great

Kalentan

Looks good, like the setting, like the vibe, like the 80's music. But I can't help think this will be just as convoluted and overly-complex as BLOPS3. Remember the old K.I.S.S. rules, why can't they just keep it simple?

Cause when it comes to the Cod Zombies community, they don't want it simple. We want it reasonable complicated. Der Eisendrache is complicated for it's easter egg but it's reasonable whereas some steps of Revelations stepped too far into too complicated (having to shoot hard to see rocks for example.)

The biggest thing is that it adds more depth to the maps. As much as people want it to be simple, a lot of time that simplicity becomes boring quicker because it creates less strategy as the maps quickly have a definitive methods. However it's not only more depth but there is a sense of fun in discovery. If a zombie map is exactly what you see is what you get, that's boring, there's a joy being able to find secret weapons or storylines because it gives something to achieve.

I guess way to put it is that when the maps are more complex, it allows more to happen. As much as I like playing The Giant in BO3, it's a very predictable map and every new playthrough of it is extremely like all previous playthroughs. Wheres playing Der Eisendrache has so many things that could happen it's a bit exciting. Do I get the Fire Bow? Lighting Bow? etc...

Whereas The Giant is... Get guns, go up to cat walk, rinse and repeat. K.I.S.S. is useful and some maps have begun to step the line between reasonably complex (DE) and just stupid complex (SoE) but for the most part that complexity makes the maps feel like there's more to always find and discovery. Hell, it's been months and it's clear that Gorod Krovi still has stuff to find which is just exciting.

If only they would finally make a campaign or a gamemode with endgoals instead of endless waves

Just do the Easter Egg and then quit once completed. In BO3's maps, all the Easter Eggs ended with a cutscene that was the 'ending' of the events of that map.

Top Bottom