• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT2|

aku:jiki said:
Man, who told the horrid noobs about Demolition? It used to be such a great playlist where most people played the objective, nobody sat around in corners stroking their HBS monitors and there were hardly any OMA-tubers, but something's happened and all that's gone now.

Every match has 2-4 people who do nothing but spawn camp, lots of campers and people who try to OMA-tube their way to a nuke. It's basically turned into what Domination was when I stopped playing anything but Demo.

I'm getting especially by annoyed by all the idiots trying to spawn camp. It doesn't work if there's like four of you in the same spot, you fucking morons! The spawn moves and the enemy team gets a free pass to a plant when you do that! Argh! :(
I understand what you're saying and I'm sure you're aware of why people do it but it is just amazing at how much more effective it is getting kills playing in demo than it is in TDM. There's just no way to spawn trap in a predictable manner in TDM. Once there are even just 2 of you in their spawn, it'll flip, usually to the other side of the map. I can understand why it's more fun to go 50-70kills in demo than 20-30 in TDM and 30 is a good score in TDM. So that's the spawn rushing side, which I sometimes do myself, so I can't blame anyone for doing, the HBS campers and tubers can fuck off however.

I mean for example ego nV has a stream up everyday on justin TV where he constantly puts up 100-160 kills + 1-2 nukes per pub demo game. Maybe people are influenced by that sort of thing but the fact is you just can't beat demo for kills/minute.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Speaking of which, any playlist that don't contain killwhores? Anything where matches come down to the wire?

I started re-playing the game & the past 4 days I been playing TDM & Ground War. I have 4 wins & 40 losses since.
Every fucking match I get tossed into a losing match or the lobby "balances" the top 2 or 3 best players players (which are ALWAYS the ones who win the matches) on the opposing team. I raged quit on a few occasions from this.

VALKYRAY

Banned
with air supports in the sky, you think you can capture the objective?
kill whore team are most likely to win the match.

FTWer said:
Speaking of which, any playlist that don't contain killwhores? Anything where matches come down to the wire?

I started re-playing the game & the past 4 days I been playing TDM & Ground War. I have 4 wins & 40 losses since.
Every fucking match I get tossed into a losing match or the lobby "balances" the top 2 or 3 best players players (which are ALWAYS the ones who win the matches) on the opposing team. I raged quit on a few occasions from this.

Do you play by yourself or with your friends? A lot of times people are in parties together and you cant really do anything about it. However, if you are playing by yourself, mercenary team deathmatch will sometimes help since no parties are ever allowed.

PetriP-TNT said:
I started to play this thing again :O

:lol , Ive been playing, never stopped, we are at the bottom of the barrel here. Just everything.... :lol

I have to say weapon balance is important I would put the use of UMP, ACR and SCAR at around 90% of players not including snipers. I find that very interesting.

This is what I spent the last hour or so doing:

Photo1057.jpg

Photo1056.jpg

RavenFox

Banned
grap3fruitman said:
This is what I spent the last hour or so doing:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/grap3/Mobile%20Uploads/Photo1057.jpg[/IG]
[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/grap3/Mobile%20Uploads/Photo1056.jpg[/IG]

[URL="http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Callsigns/Modern_Warfare_2_Emblems"][IMG]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091208193213/callofduty/images/f/f1/LightPro1.png[/URL]
homerknifegaf.png

Also did Marathon:
5130155709_21a10366bc_z.jpg

Better shot of the Lightweight:
5130755840_5bd9c5d85d_z.jpg

I was going to do Marathon, Lightweight and Commando and see if anyone got it but my brother said I should do Sonic for my last one.

G-Fex

I regretted trading in MW2. So I got it for PC since I loved playing free weekends on it. It's so much better with M&KB. Easier too.

kuYuri

G-Fex said:
I regretted trading in MW2. So I got it for PC since I loved playing free weekends on it. It's so much better with M&KB. Easier too.

Why regret?

Also, I hope the MW2 PC community doesn't ruin it for you like it did for me.

G-Fex

Strider2K99 said:
Why regret?

Also, I hope the MW2 PC community doesn't ruin it for you like it did for me.

Cause I had loads of fun with MW2. I don't regret playing it on 360 cause well PC is just more comfortable.

No, but it seems like there's more idiots on PC version.

So everyone must have moved to Black Ops but I have been playing this way more lately than in past 2-3 months, dominating with a friend of mine...

Anyhoo, today I finally got SitRep Pro V and was like "fuck yeah, 200 at tops to go for level 6" and then I notice that the for the last level you'll need 750, yeah, SEVENHUNDREDFIFTY FRIGGIN' POINTS to get. What the hell were they thinking

Lazslo

Oh man, I'v been playing this game for the past 2 days and there hasn't been one cheater or glitcher, not one- they all moved to black ops. Best things evar, thanks Treyarch

PetriP-TNT said:
Anyhoo, today I finally got SitRep Pro V and was like "fuck yeah, 200 at tops to go for level 6" and then I notice that the for the last level you'll need 750, yeah, SEVENHUNDREDFIFTY FRIGGIN' POINTS to get. What the hell were they thinking

Same goes for One Man Army: From like 200 to 750 for level 6.
Some of the funnier ones are like stealth veteran in prestige. Think it goes from 60 kills for level 2 up to 1000 for level 3.

Anyway, I'm a little sad that MW2 has entered this stage of its life cycle, but it was funny -- on the day of Black Ops release, I joined packed match after packed match in MW2.

I'm gonna play this game until they shut the servers down.

Lazslo said:
Oh man, I'v been playing this game for the past 2 days and there hasn't been one cheater or glitcher, not one- they all moved to black ops. Best things evar, thanks Treyarch
Music to my ears. I'm done with Black ops - they can keep it.

NullPointer said:
Music to my ears. I'm done with Black ops - they can keep it.
I'll give them up to the first patch to fix spawns and lag, if that fails black ops is over for me too.

Interesting that this thread gets bumped, I only just ordered MW2 hardened since it's on offer at zavvi right now, won't have to borrow a friends copy any more when I want to play it.

J2d

PetriP-TNT said:
That's nothing in comparison to getting the riot shield emblem, I mean seriously, 50 000 bullets?! I cried for my kd ratio every time I gave that challenge a shot.

Diablohead said:
I'll give them up to the first patch to fix spawns and lag, if that fails black ops is over for me too.
I'll give it a revisit after a solid title update (I'm on the 360), but after playing for a few days I actually find myself appreciating MW2's unbalanced nuttiness and unlock system.

jlevel13

I remember after the first weeks of MW2, a lot of people going back to revisit and appreciate CoD4 (myself included). It's funny that just a year later we're already getting nostalgic for MW2.

J2d said:
That's nothing in comparison to getting the riot shield emblem, I mean seriously, 50 000 bullets?! I cried for my kd ratio every time I gave that challenge a shot.
Yeah it's insane. I think you can whore some points with Pavelow abusing or something but still impossible.

And yeah, I still play it (now almost daily!). All the other "pros" and lot of the noobtubers have moved to Black Ops so it's pretty nice now too... except Intervention is still broken as hell

-viper-

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
I went back to this tonight. So, so much better than Black Ops. Everything is so exciting again! :lol
Really? The way I see it is that MW2 feels stale and unbalanced. Feels outdated. I'm completely sick of the sight of that game.

But I'm sure I'll have the same opinion of Black Ops when the next iteration of Call Of Duty arrives!

Everything in Black Ops bores me. It's not as ridiculous as MW2, but it's not as hardcore as something as Counter Strike. It's a weird middle place that doesn't interest me at all.

After three hours of playing it I was craving insane battles with AC130s, chopper gunners and predator missiles... and that's what I got! I prefer the modern guns, too.

Manus

Yeah I'm going to wait to see what this patch does for Black Ops before I go back to MW2. I sure do miss my Tar though. :[

I just got my 500 HS for Scar-H and switched to TAR yesterday... damn it's powerful (and unaccurate!) after playing days with SCAR-H.

I am only missing like 15 challenges (if you rule out most gun based challenges), yay!

Manus

shuri said:
Indeed, MW2 is superior to Blackops in each and every way. BO feels like work :S, and the maps are ZzZZzz

Totally agree on this. Most of the maps in BO look exactly the same/

Nothing could ever make me come back to this piece of shit unbalanced glitchfest. My mind is blown that there are actually people that want to go back to One Man Army Danger Close Tubers and MLC Tac-Knifers.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Nothing could ever make me come back to this piece of shit unbalanced glitchfest. My mind is blown that there are actually people that want to go back to it.
Black Ops is a much bigger glitchfest than MW2 is. Most of the 'tubers/MLC knifers went to BO. No problems here.

Koroshi said:
Black Ops is a much bigger glitchfest than MW2 is. Most of the 'tubers/MLC knifers went to BO. No problems here.

I'm on my first prestige already on Black Ops and I haven't seen any glitches outside of the shitty/takes-too-long matchmaking with parties of 3+. What are these glitches?

Manus

AnEternalEnigma said:
Nothing could ever make me come back to this piece of shit unbalanced glitchfest. My mind is blown that there are actually people that want to go back to One Man Army Danger Close Tubers and MLC Tac-Knifers.

Their's barely anymore noob tubers. They all went to play BO.

shuri

Banned
To grind to level 14 (well the level where you get to the famas) has to be the most miserable time i've ever had with a COD game in Black Ops. The other weapons all kinda sucks in some way (Except for the m14), and for some reasons, I kept being matched with guys wayyy over my level; they were all rigged with crazy weapon setups and advantages while I had to resort to defensive guerilla attacks with my semi automatic M14. It sucked so much.

At least the progression in MW2 gave you interesting weapons from the start; aka stuff that is useful against much higher level gamers.

Also the perk categories are boring in BO. I realised I had been using the same setup for each of my different classes, unlike in MW2, where I utilized vastly different loadouts depending on the weapons or style of gameplay i wanted to use.

In BO, all my classes were set to "Flak Jacket, Steady Aim, Ninja".

UFRA

I sold BO and re-bought MW2. Just didn't like the maps. I had fun with the game and all, but the maps in MW2 allow more variety. I can do anything I want from assault, to CQB with SMG's, to sniping from long range.

BO is practically all close range combat, and the sniping is pointless.

shuri said:
To grind to level 14 (well the level where you get to the famas) has to be the most miserable time i've ever had with a COD game in Black Ops. The other weapons all kinda sucks in some way (Except for the m14), and for some reasons, I kept being matched with guys wayyy over my level; they were all rigged with crazy weapon setups and advantages while I had to resort to defensive guerilla attacks with my semi automatic M14. It sucked so much.

At least the progression in MW2 gave you interesting weapons from the start; aka stuff that is useful against much higher level gamers.

lol grind to level 14, takes like an hour. Anyway, if anything MW2 was a bigger offender of the things you're talking about than BO is. No stinger till level 30? That was a real problem.

Top Bottom