• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT2|

AnEternalEnigma said:
Nothing could ever make me come back to this piece of shit unbalanced glitchfest. My mind is blown that there are actually people that want to go back to One Man Army Danger Close Tubers and MLC Tac-Knifers.

Most people who complain about this tend to be really bad gamers. There are tons of counters to every one of your unbalanced load-out/perks complaints.

I never got dominated by any OMA/DC, Knife rusher or Sniper quick scoper ever. It's easy to know what they are using & use a combination & tactic to counter it.

See You Next Wednesday said:
Most people who complain about this tend to be really bad gamers. There are tons of counters to every one of your unbalanced load-out/perks complaints.

I never got dominated by any OMA/DC, Knife rusher or Sniper quick scoper ever. It's easy to know what they are using & use a combination & tactic to counter it.

Should you actually have to use a combination or know tactics to combat that stuff? Wouldn't that signify a problem with the game? Getting dominated isn't the problem.

regs

PetriP-TNT said:
, SEVENHUNDREDFIFTY FRIGGIN' POINTS to get. What the hell were they thinking

prob the same thing they were thinking when they
had russia invade from the east coast

knitoe

I usually play MW2 and Black Ops back to back. I rather deal with the bullshit in MW2 than not being able to aim due to terrible lag netcode in Black Ops. Nothing makes you want to throw you controller than jumping someone from behind, put almost a whole clip into him, have him turn around and kill you. Afterward, watching the replay and seeing your bullets 5 feet away off target due to lag. And, knowing your connection is good because more often than not I am host in MW2.

knitoe said:
I usually play MW2 and Black Ops back to back. I rather deal with the bullshit in MW2 than not being able to aim due to terrible lag netcode in Black Ops. Nothing makes you want to throw you controller than jumping someone from behind, put almost a whole clip into him, have him turn around and kill you. Afterward, watching the replay and seeing your bullets 5 feet away off target due to lag. And, knowing your connection is good because more often than not I am host in MW2.

I have experienced this myself several times and I'm hoping that it's just that many people online causing the problem.

See You Next Wednesday said:

Oh shut up. I love people that say bullshit like that. They reek of gaming insecurity. I had no problem killing OMA Tubers. But that doesn't make it any more tolerable. Nor does it make it any less obvious that it was a terrible idea. It's still fucking dumb.

Good try though.

kuYuri

Once the matchmaking, party system, and spawns get fixed, Black Ops will be amazing.

But I still go back to MW2, I'm not a hater like most other people.

snack

If spawns can be fixed through patches, why didn't IW patch MW2 with a fix to their spawn system? I'm thinking broken spawns can't be cured with some new lines of code.

kuYuri

The spawns in Black Ops somehow manage to be worse. While there's no real "cure", I've seen improved spawning as the life of the games went on. I don't care what they have to do to improve the spawns, but it really needs to be done.

luoapp

snack said:
If spawns can be fixed through patches, why didn't IW patch MW2 with a fix to their spawn system? I'm thinking broken spawns can't be cured with some new lines of code.
why didn't IW patch a lot of things?:lol

VALKYRAY

Banned
zero margin said:
lol grind to level 14, takes like an hour. Anyway, if anything MW2 was a bigger offender of the things you're talking about than BO is. No stinger till level 30? That was a real problem.
no stinger till level 30, no problem. just switch to defealt scout sniper

jambo

Strider2K99 said:
The spawns in Black Ops somehow manage to be worse. While there's no real "cure", I've seen improved spawning as the life of the games went on. I don't care what they have to do to improve the spawns, but it really needs to be done.
I've only played a few hours and it's horrible in Black Ops. I've lost count of the number of times I've spawned, turned a corner and been shot.

C'mon Treyarch!

AnEternalEnigma said:
Oh shut up. I love people that say bullshit like that. They reek of gaming insecurity. I had no problem killing OMA Tubers. But that doesn't make it any more tolerable. Nor does it make it any less obvious that it was a terrible idea. It's still fucking dumb.

Good try though.

No, it's not a terrible idea. A class for people who use explosives, a class for people who like to rush around the map, a class for snipers etc... None of them dominate over another overall. Various playstyles rather than the same tired old crap in every other game.

In Black Ops, the snipers/shotgun users have been so gutted that anyone using them is getting a low k/d ratio nearly guaranteed. In comparison, using them in MW2, you can still be competitive with the AR & Sub-machine guns.

edit:
I'm not saying there are no exploits that could use fixing & that some combination's aren't clearly superior in some specific maps.

J2d

Finally got counter mvp today, after like 36 days of playtime. Since I mostly just play team death match and ground war it's pretty hard to do unless you manage to noob a couple in the beginning. Which I did, seven of them actually, I was airborne with the ac130 in like 30 secs probably heh.

Managed to get -21 in accuracy and encountered my first glitched game today as well, kinda surprised at all the stuff people can hack.

VALKYRAY said:
got it on tape? that's a record
I wish... but I sort of quessed it was a record... it was amazing. first 3 rounds in a row, everyone quit. then 2 rounds right from the next round. he had gotten 1 before I started playing and he got one after we started playing in the afternoon. So thats 7 in one day (or 12 hours) No cheathing, just pure skill. Mind=Blown.

PetriP-TNT said:
I wish... but I sort of quessed it was a record... it was amazing. first 3 rounds in a row, everyone quit. then 2 rounds right from the next round. he had gotten 1 before I started playing and he got one after we started playing in the afternoon. So thats 7 in one day (or 12 hours) No cheathing, just pure skill. Mind=Blown.
What class was he using?

snack said:
I still love my MW2. Just played some of it on the 360. Any GAFers still play it? :lol
Non-stop.

Sadly, I rarely if ever recognized anyone's name in MW2 matches (pre-Black Ops), but now I recognize at least one person in every game. So the player base has shrank considerably.

I don't particularly care though. As long as there are 8-on-8 demo, domination, and TDM matches to be had, this game is alive and well for me.

Anyone still play COD4? BLOPS' release has shrunken even more than MW2 did, but there are still plenty of players around.

PS3 version btw.

Raiden

Banned
mysticwhip said:
Anyone still play COD4? BLOPS' release has shrunken even more than MW2 did, but there are still plenty of players around.

PS3 version btw.

I'd rather play and win against the hordes of new noobs in Black Ops then play and lose in Modern Warfare 1, even though i think it has the best multiplayer:lol

Back in the COD4 day, we used to have a little online back-slapping and attaboy session whenever someone made that final flip over into 10th prestige.

No such luck in MW2 since not a single person I know made it to 10th, and only 2 made it to 9th.

Hopefully there's someone I know that's online here in a couple of days when I go from 8th to my final prestige.

Props to Infinity Ward for A) making such an awesome game, still very enjoyable and B) spoiling me for all other CODs, 'cause I'll be damned if I ever grind an FPS like this again. Nevar. :lol

kuYuri

Something interesting I noticed today.

Newegg, Amazon, and some other sites are listing a Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Collection for PS3 out now. I can't find a 360 version of this package. Also listed as Call of Duty: Saga Pack for some reason.

Such a low key release if true, even War Collection got more exposure than this.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...m_mmc=BFUS-_-545-_-N82E16879221236&nm_mc=BFUS

79-221-236-02.jpg

EDIT: Just found it on Gamestop for 360.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Pro...7&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-ZEVrYslQr7qHQ1O2IKReOg

Strider2K99 said:

Newegg, Amazon, and some other sites are listing a Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Collection for PS3 out now. I can't find a 360 version of this package. Also listed as Call of Duty: Saga Pack for some reason.

Such a low key release if true, even War Collection got more exposure than this.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...m_mmc=BFUS-_-545-_-N82E16879221236&nm_mc=BFUS

79-221-236-02.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Pro...7&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-ZEVrYslQr7qHQ1O2IKReOg

Just picked that up for $35 on Amazon.

So, I've been encountering an extreme amount of hacked public lobbies lately. I play hardcore TDM exclusively, and probably 2 out of every six games are hacked. Some guy reset all my stats/titles/emblems/challenges earlier tonight and I made him put me back into the lobby and put my stuff back.

Anyone know what's up with that?

Kotomi said:
So, I've been encountering an extreme amount of hacked public lobbies lately. I play hardcore TDM exclusively, and probably 2 out of every six games are hacked. Some guy reset all my stats/titles/emblems/challenges earlier tonight and I made him put me back into the lobby and put my stuff back.

Infinity Ward doesn't give a shit about their games. That's what's up with it.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Infinity Ward doesn't give a shit about their games. That's what's up with it.
Not your hate again. How are they going to patch it up when they don't even have a full team to do anything with?

Kotomi said:
Not your hate again. How are they going to patch it up when they don't even have a full team to do anything with?

Give me a break. People have been hacking since week #1 of MW2's release and IW did nothing but put bandaids on everything instead of actually fixing the problem. They knew this was going to happen because people were hacking CoD4 way before MW2's release and they obviously did nothing to prepare for that. MW2 = lazy cash-in that severely changed my opinions on IW forever.

The problem is that they keep adding onto an engine with well known and easily exploitable modifications like that rather than actually fixing anything. This is highly disappointing, I bought that PS3 MW two-pack and trying to play MW2 is just awful because of the hacks. On top of that, one of the mods makes it so that they force themselves to show a low ping, thus throwing me into the same matches constantly. I can't even get the PS3 version of MW1 to go online, so I don't know how bad that one is. Sigh... I wouldn't mind the hacks if I wasn't forced to play them when I didn't want to. Like, if there was a server list and I could choose between matches.

Kotomi said:

Fuck. Now there is like zero chance (it was like 1% after my friend got Black Ops last week) of coming back for me.

edit: wait, is this PS3 version or 360 one? I'm talking about PS3

Hanmik

PetriP-TNT said:
Fuck. Now there is like zero chance (it was like 1% after my friend got Black Ops last week) of coming back for me.

must be PS3 version.. there are tons of hacks for both CoD4 and MW2 on the PS3 right now.. or since the hacked USB-dongle thing..

Strider2K99 said:

79-221-236-02.jpg

Wait a minute... does this mean we'll FINALLY see trophies in COD4? If so, Im double dipping. COD4 was that good
and even better with trophies

Effect

regs said:
prob the same thing they were thinking when they
had russia invade from the east coast

What!? *face palm* You know I heard complaints here and there about the single player but I didn't realize this was part of why people had issue with. Was that even remotely explained or just a massive screw up?

PetriP-TNT said:

Yeah, I was playing on the PS3. It's really weird. I guess they chose hardcore TDM because they think no one plays it.

Archer

Hey, sorry to hit this forum, but is MW2 more stable in MP than Black Ops? Jesus fuck, its 1 in 3 games that it disconnects. I'm on PS3.

Archer said:
Hey, sorry to hit this forum, but is MW2 more stable in MP than Black Ops? Jesus fuck, its 1 in 3 games that it disconnects. I'm on PS3.
Absolutely. It's like a whole new world after you switch from Black Ops back to MW2.

Mileena

Banned
Archer said:
It is... but it's also completely filled with Commando runners and camping infinite noob tubers. This game is a mess.

corkscrewblow said:
It is... but it's also completely filled with Commando runners and camping infinite noob tubers. This game is a mess.
You'd be surprised. Most of those kinds of players have moved on to the glitchfest that is Black Ops. Nowadays, it's just run and gunners and your occasional tuber.

kuYuri

highluxury said:
Wait a minute... does this mean we'll FINALLY see trophies in COD4? If so, Im double dipping. COD4 was that good
and even better with trophies

No, it's just both games in one package. There's no way they will go back to a 3 year old game to patch it for rumble, let alone trophies.

J2d

Maybe this explains why I have dropped from around 60k place to 80k on the kill leaderboards in a couple of days.
Kotomi said:
Some guy reset all my stats/titles/emblems/challenges earlier tonight and I made him put me back into the lobby and put my stuff back.
I'd be so fucking mad..

The PlayStation 3 version has been hacked to bits, well in the UK at least. At least 1 in 4 matches is hacked and it's hilarious.

One was brilliant, it was rolling the dice on what you would get.

Edit: as in differing rule sets and visual effects. It was amazing.

Strider2K99 said:
No, it's just both games in one package. There's no way they will go back to a 3 year old game to patch it for rumble, let alone trophies.

Well its standard practice that EVERY game has to come with trophies now. 3 year old game or not it should abid by these new requirements.

I will at least be very pleased if that turns out to be true.

kuYuri

highluxury said:
Well its standard practice that EVERY game has to come with trophies now. 3 year old game or not it should abid by these new requirements.

I will at least be very pleased if that turns out to be true.

Again, it's just a repackage of CoD4 and MW2 in one bundle.

Games like Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, MGS4, and Army of Two didn't receive trophies after they became Greatest Hits. It's just the same game with a repackage. None of the old games are required to have trophies when rereleased as Greatest Hits.

The same thing with CoD4 in this case. You can even see the Greatest Hits packaging on it. It doesn't even have rumble, let alone trophies.

Top Bottom