• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: WWII - Multiplayer Trailer

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Anyone find any good shotgun gameplay? I saw some footage of a guy using one, and I'm not sure if he was just lousy with it, or--and I'm very much worried about this--if the shotgun was CoD4 levels of bad.

Anyone find any good shotgun gameplay? I saw some footage of a guy using one, and I'm not sure if he was just lousy with it, or--and I'm very much worried about this--if the shotgun was CoD4 levels of bad.
I watched a video and the commentary said he didn't feel shotguns were that good compare to smgs, lmgs and snipers.

a916

Yeah....even with them tweaking it and tweaking it it still shows its roots they need a brand new engine already..

It's a lot of work and would be disruptive to their dev cycle.

They should spin a tech team out that only deals with the new engine. But, again, new engine is super expensive and time consuming. And it would bring with it different problems (most worrying of which would be altering the way the game feels, because once it's gone, it's gone)

Creaking

I watched a video and the commentary said he didn't feel shotguns were that good compare to smgs, lmgs and snipers.

Shoot, that is no bueno. Hopefully if they're still bad around the time of the beta, the developers will take strong account of our feedback.

Any word on handgun strength? Hoping those aren't CoD4 bad either. I'm glad that at least akimbo and multiple attachment options are still in. If I can't have good shotguns, hopefully I can still make a decent handgun class.

Creaking

Saying perks are removed is misleading. They've been repackaged, that's all. Also fuck TmarTn.

Creaking

Cant stand Tmartn's voice.

And what was he talking about with that Sharpshooter perk for sniper rifles? He said you get auto aim? Unless I'm interpreting it differently, that sounds like bullshit. There shouldn't be any aim assist or auto aim on any fucking sniper rifles.

It's aim assist, which has been on sniper rifles in pretty much every Call of Duty except Black Ops 3. Here however, you have to be playing as the sniper division (Mountain) and using the hold breath function. That should at least eliminate easy quickscoping.

Let me quote this for the new page:

Airborne Division

Weapon Class - Submachine Guns
Main Ability - Access to suppressors (can attach and detach with left on the d-pad)

Division Training (Division exclusive perk bundle) - Pathfinder
Tier I - +Sprint for longer distances
Tier II - +Increased sprint speed
Tier III - +Climb over obstacles faster

(Whether or not there are more than three tiers to unlock or more than one Division training option is unknown)

Infantry Division

Weapon Class - Assault Rifles
Main Ability - Bayonet Charge (click R3/melee while sprinting)

Division Training - Infantryman
Tier I - +Extra primary attachment (appears to allow two by default)
Tier II - ? (Either one secondary attachment or additional primary attachment)
Tier III - ? (See above. Totals in two extra primary attachments and one secondary attachment)

Armored Division

Weapon Class - Light Machine Guns
Main Ability - Bipod (Can mount weapon on ledges and while prone with left on d-pad)

Division Training - Tanker
Tier I - +Rocket Launcher as secondary
Tier II - +Extra piece of equipment
Tier III - +Throw equipment faster, farther, and while sprinting

Mountain Division

Weapon Class - Sniper Rifles
Main Ability - Sharpshooter (Click L3/hold breath while aiming to gain aim assist, acquire enemy names, block out sound and everything outside your scope)

Division Training - Scout
Tier I - +Acquire enemy names from farther away
Tier II - +Increased mini-map coverage
Tier III - +Hidden to player-controlled Streaks

Expeditionary Division

Weapon Class - Shotguns
Main Ability - Incendiary Shells (Press left on the d-pad to load in shells that ignite enemies)

Division Training - Sapper III
Tier I - +Extra Magazines
Tier II - +Immune to shell shock and tactical equipment
Tier III - +Take less explosive damage

Basic Training (You choose one of these in addition to your Division Training. These appear to be shared across all Divisions. Some perks overlap with those granted by Division Training)

Steady
+Immune to shell shock and tactical equipment
+Sprint for longer distances

Hunker
+Reveals enemy equipment
+Take less explosive damage

Smoked
+Extra piece of lethal equipment
+Smoke Grenade as tactical equipment

Phantom (gonna be picked a lot)
+Quieter movement
+Take no fall damage
+Invisible to enemy Recon Aircraft while moving

Loaded
+Extra magazines
+Reload weapons faster

Scoped
+Move faster while aiming down sights
+Extra attachment on Primary Weapon

Undercover
+Kill without revealing enemy death locations
+No name or reticle color change when targeted

Forage
+Swap weapons faster
+Throw equipment farther
+Resupply ammo & equipment from dead enemies

Ordnance
+Scorestreaks cost less
+Re-roll Care Packages

Duelist
+Two attachments on Secondary weapon

He's a scumbag con-artist who somehow still has a following. This should explain it. Check the last paragraph before the edits for a TLDR.

Cant stand Tmartn's voice.

And what was he talking about with that Sharpshooter perk for sniper rifles? He said you get auto aim? Unless I'm interpreting it differently, that sounds like bullshit. There shouldn't be any aim assist or auto aim on any fucking sniper rifles.

Gotcha I didn't pay attention to the whole cs gambling situation when it happen. Thanks for the info. Sorry for derailing the thread.

It's aim assist, which has been on sniper rifles in pretty much every Call of Duty except Black Ops 3. Here however, you have to be playing as the sniper division (Mountain) and using the hold breath function. That should at least eliminate easy quickscoping.

Let me quote this for the new page:

Thanks, that alleviates my concerns somewhat

HiiiLife

Wondering how viable those paratroopers KS will be. Haven't played CoD in years and getting that itch. Ready to jump in again

Also hoping there won't be any camos aside from the basic woodland green or something

The overall engine and gameplay looks a ton like Advanced Warfare but without the jetpacks - this isn't a bad thing however. Sledgehammer are good devs and that game was great, and the ways they're changing create a class is really daring. They're certainly the COD devs I feel that take the most risks with changing the game. However this is what caused a lot of undeserved hate for "jetpack CODs" where AW wasn't directly a clone of any other game, except maybe of all things, Unreal in it's movement system. So, I don't know how well it will go over with the broader fans when it's out for everyone to take in.

It's a lot of work and would be disruptive to their dev cycle.

They should spin a tech team out that only deals with the new engine. But, again, new engine is super expensive and time consuming. And it would bring with it different problems (most worrying of which would be altering the way the game feels, because once it's gone, it's gone)

If the team knows what they're doing, it won't be a problem.

Dishonored, Dishonored 2, and PREY all use different engines, but all three share very similar quirks in how their gameplay feels.

Or look at Minecraft - The non-Java versions were rebuilt from scratch, yet they feel perfectly like the same game.

IISANDERII

Watched a few matches on two maps and those two maps seem awful. Not conducive at all to interesting engagements, just running around until you randomly bump into somebody around a corner and have an awkward gunfight or you get shot in the back/blindside someone. So basically like all CODs since its decline.

The War mode was actually better but I'm not convinced it'll be good enough.

Creaking

I don't watch many Call of Duty youtube guys, but in my experience, TheXclusiveAce has been the best. He seems the most enthusiastic (without being obnoxious) and least hypocritical or confused about what he wants from Call of Duty.

Daffy Duck

My main concern with this game is the skill based matchmaking, lest we forget how aggressive it was in AW

wasn't Driftor involved with some of the gambling sides too?

last CoD Youtuber I'm subscribed to is Hutch.

Drift0r wasn't in any gambling scam.

HiiiLife

I'm not sure.
Could be an other one I'm thinking of.

My main concern with this game is the skill based matchmaking, lest we forget how aggressive it was in AW

Drift0r wasn't in any gambling scam.

Yeah I think his place was robbed or something like that but idk if he was a part of the whole gambling thing. Who knows. Could've been an inside job. Goes up to the president.

He seemed like a down to earth dude tho

Top Bottom