• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Callie & Marie coming to Super Mario Maker

maxcriden

Super-Mario-Maker-Splatoon.png

Event course coming July 8th.

To celebrate, Nintendo is going to release a new Event Course. If you manage to clear it, you will be able to get not one, but two new costumes… that’s right, they’re for Marie and Callie, the Squid Sisters! Naturally, you will also be able to unlock them using their respective amiibo, if you don’t want to bother with the Event Course (that you have to beat twice).

The Callie & Marie costumes are pretty well done: they come with special sound effects, voice samples (for each Squid Sister), special poses, and more. Pretty neat detail: in underwater sections, Marie & Callie transform into their Squid form… wait a minute! Aren’t Inklings supposed to NOT know how to swim?! At the end of the level, you have a special jingle from Splatoon.

Here’s a video showcasing the Marie & Callie costumes in Super Mario Maker:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/uZOjceOQ_Lw?

via: http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/t...r-48-squid-sisters-costumes-coming-next-week/

iidesuyo

Damn, Mario Maker, I have totally forgotten about that game. I have sold my copy months ago on Ebay.

I wonder how many people have played my levels since then? I should lend a copy to see.

Madao

Anybody else think we're going to be getting a Callie & Marie spinoff game sometime soon?

i'm thinking they'll make them playable characters in Splatoon's sequel's story mode. of course, it'd be a story only thing and unique to that mode (like several of the quirks from Splatoon's story that don't exist in multiplayer)
a spinoff before there's even a sequel feels wrong.

cameos in other series seem to more reasonable. like a minigame in the next Rhythm Heaven or something.

There's been custom swimming sprites before, but ducking underwater with an alternate sprite is new, to my knowledge. Looks like they got special treatment.

I really want a new Mario Maker patch, there's so many features they could add to really liven it up. I have this dark fear things are being saved back for the NX release.

Top Bottom