• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can Nintendo win you back?

Multiplats looked better on the XBox or PS2. They chose lower specs and it bit them in the ass.

Were you alive at that time? Nobody in their right mind would say the GCN had ports that were better on the PS2, from a technical standpoint that is. Generally, the GCN was somewhere between the Xbox and PS2 in terms of port quality. It almost always had better graphics, load times and framerates.

Hell, Sonic Heroes, BG&E, Soul Calibur 2, James Bond games, Prince of Persia, on and on and on. Look at RE4. A specialized port that suffered as a result when it was brought to the PS2.

Servbot24

Banned
3rd party support. The only way they get me. I need to be able to play FIFA, Witcher, Arkham, StarWars series on my Nintendo console. Barring that I'll just stick with my Xbox-PC combo.

Why would you care whether Wii U has those games if you already have an XBox and PC? Seems kind of pointless when you have the superior PC option...

Nintendo "has" me more now than it has in the past several years. The transition to HD (at damn last) has been really great for them, and I've been playing virtually nothing but Smash, Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart 8 this year, console-wise.

Multiplats looked better on the XBox or PS2. They chose lower specs and it bit them in the ass.

The Gamecube was more powerful than the PS2 and virtually all ports ran better on it. And I say this as someone who has probably ten times as many PS2 games as Gamecube ones. It wasn't until the Wii that they dropped the ball tech-wise.

Nintendo lost me at the SNES.. I pivoted to the SEGA Genesis and never really looked back.

I did pick up the GameCube, but solely for Resident Evil and Rogue Squadron. I ended up getting a Wii.. but stopped using it after the first 6 months or so.

GBA and the DS got a little more use, but phone gaming made me never upgrade to the new versions.

I'd guess just like anything else Nintendo would need to produce something that appeals to me and is only available on their system. I've never been into Zelda/Smash Brothers/Mario Kart/etc so those are not "system sellers" for me personally.

Alternately, if they come up with some big new system feature (Like the Wii) that is amazing, it could get me to pick up a system. Hopefully the novelty lasts longer than the Wii though.

Prine

Banned
What is involved in a game that is tailored for adults?

Narrative, mechanics with mature context and gameplay reward. Its not hard to outline mature games.

I dont feel interested in Nintendo's tone of gaming, for instance, splatoon. I know it's a good game but in this thread we speak about what would bring you to Nintendo, the offering of MS/Sony is providing what I'd like Nintendo to take a stab at.

Narrative, mechanics with mature context and gameplay reward. Its not hard to outline mature games.

My god, where to begin.

1) Dropping "narrative" as if it's self-explanatory. Do you mean a complex narrative, adult (sex, drugs, etc.) themes or what?

2) I love how you defined a word (adult) as a function of its synonym (mature). Can you now define "mature" without using it or "adult"?

3) "Gameplay reward". I don't even know what you mean by that in this context.

4) This all proves it's much harder to outline them than you think, provided you're not circularly referencing words meaning the same.

AgeEighty

Were you alive at that time? Nobody in their right mind would say the GCN had ports that were better on the PS2, from a technical standpoint that is. Generally, the GCN was somewhere between the Xbox and PS2 in terms of port quality. It almost always had better graphics, load times and framerates.

Hell, Sonic Heroes, BG&E, Soul Calibur 2, James Bond games, Prince of Persia, on and on and on. Look at RE4. A specialized port that suffered as a result when it was brought to the PS2.

Yep. GameCube ports were almost always better than the PS2 versions.

Peltz

I dont feel interested in Nintendo's tone of gaming, for instance, splatoon. I know it's a good game but in this thread we speak about what would bring you to Nintendo, the offering of MS/Sony is providing what I'd like Nintendo to take a stab at.

I have no idea what you're trying to say here. What offering of MS/Sony are you referring to? What tone are you referring to? What the heck are "mechanics with mature context"?

I doubt it, to be honest.
While I love Nintendo first party games and I have owned at least one portable console of theirs from every generation.

Now, truth to be told, I have no interest in any 3DS game announced or to come so far, and unless they announce a new Pokemon generation or Monster Hunter 5, I'm not buying any other 3DS game unless there's something really cheap or something catches my eye (I've been eyeing A Link between Worlds lately, but other than that, I already have everything I want for 3DS, and I own less than 10 retail games)

But on Wii... I bought a second hand Wii just to play Brawl, and I have no interest on a Wii U other than Smash (which I already own for 3DS) and maybe Splatoon.

While First Party Nintendo games are usually very polished and fun, the lack of 3rd Party Support really hurts them in my point of view.

DizzyCrow

I have no idea what you're trying to say here. What offering of MS/Sony are you referring to? What tone are you referring to? What the heck are "mechanics with mature context"?

f25913cc42cb0d3d472347221ca240f9fb46e272.jpg

Azuran

Banned
They lost me during the Wii era around 2009 but I came back in full force last year with both the Wii U and 3DS getting awesome games. All I want from them are good games.

Anyways, my favorite part about this type of threads is that there's always some idiot that says Nintendo needs to stop making Mario games just because. It's like they believe Mario is holding down new IPs and reviving dead ones.

I never left. Nintendo's been on a very strong software run lately. Mario 3D World and A Link Between Worlds are some of the very best games they've ever made. Bayonetta 2 is probably the best character action game ever. Smash 4 is the best game in the series with a great online mode.

And Splatoon has reviewed extremely well and looks totally fun and original.

And with the relative lack of notable exclusives and rough software start on the PS4 and Xbox Nintendo has positioned themselves as the one to beat, software-wise.

They've really turned the Wii U into a fantastic value proposition.

All this thread shows is that many people have some(quite frankly) ridiculous reasons for not owning a Nintendo console.

Many of these reasons sound like petty childish arguements. I.E. "I don't talk to my older sister anymore because we had a disagreement over X."
Lack of 3rd party is really the main and best reason. It's not much of an issue on 3ds but on the wii u you need to be satisfied with Nintendos offerings or you won't be satisfied. It's a pretty huge reason and it's not really debatable

Visvarupa

Neo Member
Never left them. However, the price for the WiiU has always been my main deterrent, also all the extra crap that should be included in the system IMO such as decent HDD and the improved battery life for the pad.

IF anything, life happened, got a job and dogs. less time to game. however my current plays are little kings story, Bowsers inside story, Pandoras tower, Bf4 and Warhammer collection. Id say im still pretty attached to their brand even after all their BS.

to be honest, i was considering ditching them for a PS4 earlier in the new cycle, but seeing how the 660 seems to still be either in the "recommended" or "minimum" bracket, i see no need to expand my highend gaming horizons with the XBoxone or PS4. My itch for bayo, 101, smash, mario and zelda is ever increasing, so im hoping this year i can spare money and time to finally get a WiiU, price drop or not.

n0razi

i dont get the obsession with siding with any brand.. be it nintendo, sony, microsoft

i buy whatever system that has the games i want to play and i buy the games that i want to play.. it has nothing to do with who made it or who used to make the games i liked back in the 90's

Csr

I didn't like motion controls at all when i tried them. I felt they weren't nearly as accurate as they should be for me to enjoy using them. Wii being very weak wasn't a big deal but it certainly was a minus. No street fighter iv or mvc3 was a death blow. I was thinking of buying a used one years after the wii released but when i saw that even used game prices were high i just gave up on the idea.
Right now wii u has a lot of the same problems, games that don't go down in price, weak hardware, no sfv, barely any 3rd party support and a controller that i am not interested in which drives up the hardware price higher than i am willing to pay.

I am not sure how they could win me back, i am not thinking of buying any consoles this gen. I will see how things go with sfv regarding the pc and ps4 version to decide if i get a ps4 or upgrade my pc.

I love their games, but the Wii U just had "arrogance" written all over it. Bad, cheap hardware, a gimmick that didn't hook people instantly the same way as the Wii Remote, but gosh darn it you were going to learn to like it, a refusal to present a modern product, instead recreating mistakes made by their competitors years ago, and still lacking in key features requested over and over (Microsoft redesigned their entire console interface once, maybe twice in the time Nintendo has dithered around), an unwillingness to echo basic features present even a generation ago (SD card support massively limited, what the hell is going on with the Virtual Console, etc), the list goes on.

I do have a Wii U (found it on clearance at a Sears for $200 a while back), I do have several games for it, and I like those games, although 90% of the Pad "justification" has fallen flat with me. It either strikes me as something that could have been done without very easily or adapted to a TV without issue (even stuff like Zombi U's bag rummaging), or is so forced that it artificially creates a detriment in the product, just to "solve" that issue, or needlessly complicate the game. (Nintendo Land is full of these.) Then there's all the chatter about Remote Play, which just says to me "I want a more powerful Vita that plays Nintendo games."

For their next console, whatever it is, I want a modern product. They don't have to be competing with the PS4, or the Xbox One, but I want something with modern design sensibilities, smart features, without blatant, clunky limitations right out of the gate. It doesn't have to be a technological powerhouse, but it shouldn't be hobbled by a weak CPU or slow memory. The interface doesn't have to be Windows, but it should be able to do the expected things out of the gate, not six months after launch, or a year, or two years, or we're still asking for it. ("Folders, praise the lord!") If they're building a dedicated gaming machine, yet we'd get more features working more solidly if they had built an Android box running Google's "Play Games" service, they've messed up. Maybe they shouldn't be the ones building the front end anymore. They can have their list of "Here's what we need it to do, and these are the unique and quirky touches we want to do." But maybe they need to stop trying to reinvent the wheel if they can only make octagons.

For what it's worth, the eyetracking addition on the New 3DS to improve the 3D impressed me greatly. I want more of that.

Nintendo will never lose me so long as they keep providing games I enjoy. But they're treading thin ice with how terrible their hardware and online services are. Sony and Microsoft seem to be able to provide all 3, not sure why they can't. Testing my patience.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
I was a nintendo fan since 1986. The Wii was the last nintendo system I could see myself buying.

-Poor third party support (since n64)
-Online structure sucks
-No voice chat option
-Long droughts with nothing to play
-rarely invents new franchises just recycles the old ones.

Nintendo can shit in a bag and the hardcore nintendo fan will still buy it. If or when nintendo decides to move into the 21st century would I even consider buying another nintendo based console.

Mithos

Nintendo have not lost me, but thirdparty have lost me on Nintendo platforms, if they expect me to pay €60 for that minimum effort they try to push on me they are insane, I can pick it up for €20 or less, that how much their effort is worth at most.

They lost me when the wii came out. I had no desire to waggle and was kind of annoyed by the difficulty in their games since late n64 era (they all were becoming pitifully easy IMO).
If they made PC games I would go back to them. Paying a hardware premium to play their games with bad IQ prevents me from buying one.

idlewild_

I will take a look at their mobile offerings when they come out. Hopefully they release some cheap fun games that can be played in short bursts.

As for their console offerings, I will probably pick up a Wii U towards the end of the generation when it is cheap for SSB4 and MK8. Just can't justify the cost of the console for just two games that I will only play occasionally when I have people over. If they release the next console for cheap ($200-250 range,) then I would consider purchasing it earlier in the generation. I don't think it is possible for them to make me a primary Nintendo console gamer in the future, the genres I primarily play these days are not really on consoles at all.

Aaron D.

I'll never understand why the concept of growing out of Nintendo's unique style of game design and presentation is so frowned upon. As though the only possible explanation is that one is desperately pretending to be 'Teh Hardcore Maturze' or some such. Or the oft-quoted C.S. Lewis line, “When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” being some kind of waving flag that we should never grow out of certain styles.

It's entirely possible to outgrow themes aimed at younger audiences. It's a natural part of the maturation process. Nintendo's branded colorful mascot themes no longer speak to me, ironically in the exact same way God Of War's hyper-violence no longer does the same. I still see the quality in both styles, but each strike me as aesthetically gaudy for what I'm personally looking for in gaming entertainment.

I can easily see the quality, craftsmanship & entertainment on offer from the latest Pixar or Dreamworks production. Just as I can do the same for the any random, quality action-packed summer blockbuster like Mad Max. Neither of these opposites speak to me and that's just fine. I can respect what they're doing from a distance, understanding that it's simply not for me.

Which is why I'll never understand the accusations that one is dead inside or trying too hard if the Nintendo brand doesn't resonate on a personal level. Sometimes the things that stimulated us in the past no longer resonate in the same way. Moving on is completely normal & natural.

n7WiRKU.jpg

All that said, this pic alone makes me glad Nintendo is doing what they do. And makes me hope they never waver in their unique contributions to the industry.

Terrell

It's entirely possible to outgrow themes aimed at younger audiences. It's a natural part of the maturation process. Nintendo's branded colorful mascot themes no longer speak to me, ironically in the exact same way God Of War's hyper-violence no longer does the same. I still see the quality in both styles, but each strike me as aesthetically gaudy for what I'm personally looking for in gaming entertainment.

Which is why I'll never understand the accusations that one is dead inside or trying too hard if the Nintendo brand doesn't resonate on a personal level. Sometimes the things that stimulated us in the past no longer resonate in the same way. Moving on is completely normal & natural.

You're speaking about 2 very different things here.

First, "the natural part of the maturation process"? No, sorry, there's no switch that gets flipped in the brain that tells people they should stop enjoying certain things at a certain age.

A change in personal taste is just that, and age does not intrinsically hold any bearing on that. But on this particular topic, it's simply never framed that way.

The issue always comes with people tying one to the other and that is typically what gets called out when the comments you dislike start getting tossed about, when people start using the word "mature" to describe certain types of content over the other outside of preschooler content like Blue's Clues and Veggie Tales that hold no intrinsic value after a certain age specifically by design.

Nintendo makes a wide range of titles that can and do fall outside of the cutesy colourful mascot fare. If those games are legitimately not to a person's taste, so be it. But it seems odd to wrap every game they make up as one and the same due to that, or to throw all of it out because of some false "maturation" idea.

Aaron D.

Good point, Terrell.

Perhaps I'm conflating the two.

My suggestion is that people's tastes do indeed evolve over time. While they can still hold on to old they may also reach toward the new. Giving up Saturday morning cartoons in favor of Sunday morning political talk shows. Stuff like that.

I think there's a failure to respect that process when discussing this subject. Growing out of something doesn't equate to rejecting it and throwing it in the trash. My take is that it only means moving on to something more stimulating.

EDIT: I'm only speaking to Nintendo's "colorful mascot line". Not IPs like Metroid, etc.

Terrell

Good point, Terrell.

Perhaps I'm conflating the two.

My suggestion is that people's tastes do indeed evolve over time. While they can still hold on to old they may also reach toward the new. Giving up Saturday morning cartoons in favor of Sunday morning political talk shows. Stuff like that.

I think there's a failure to respect that process when discussing this subject. Growing out of something doesn't equate to rejecting it and throwing it in the trash. My take is that it only means moving on to something more stimulating.

EDIT: I'm only speaking to Nintendo's "colorful mascot line". Not IPs like Metroid, etc.

I personally would still watch both, but man, Saturday morning cartoons have changed. A LOT. And not for the better.

I respect the process as you describe it, and if someone said "I don't like Mario" or some such, actually dug deep into a specificity, I could respect that.
But "I don't like Nintendo games because _____" requires one to paint all Nintendo games with the same brush, which is next to impossible without blotting out a large enough portion of a franchise library to make it an easily-assailed fallacy, especially when their entire game library is labeled as not "mature".

And it's an argument that myself and many others hold as total bollocks and call it out as such.

Heck, even in their mascot franchises, I see dramatic themes that almost (if not absolutely) never appear in other games. Like Star Fox. I can't remember the last time that I saw a character retire from his post due to age, but that's Peppy Hare in a nutshell. Not to mention the other things that can be found in that series, wrapped up in what can best be described as "Star Wars and Thunderbirds meets furry animals".

I'm done buying nintendo shit when they come out. Learned my lesson. Going to wait 2 yrs minimum and see how the success and support is looking and decide.

I feel like buying a nintendo piece of hardware on day 1 is a gamble. As for their games...I can take them or leave them. They're great but I've survived without them. I have them now and don't even desire to play them often.

ike_

It almost feels like this thread was aimed at me. The Wii was where Nintendo first really lost me. I was a pretty huge Nintendo fan starting with the NES, completely content through the Gamecube era. After I had clotheslined an elderly woman to get a Wii 4-5 months after launch I almost immediately felt buyer's remorse. I had already played Twilight Princess on GC and the Wii offered next to nothing for me for me for quite a while. Even Skyward Sword felt like a huge disappointment due to the hangups I had with the controls.

So when the Wii U was announced, I had zero interest until Bayonetta 2 came out. But it did only take them knowing my weakness for me to come crawling back:

And I have to admit I'll be happy with my Wii U purchase, even if I only end up with Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, and Xenoblade X. How weird am I for having a Wii U and no first party games? I even did this today:

tZarEvo.png

Anyway, like with the Wii U, it will probably only take 1 must haves or 2-3 quality games for me to reluctantly climb back on board.

Aaron D.

I respect the process as you describe it, and if someone said "I don't like Mario" or some such, actually dug deep into a specificity, I could respect that.
But "I don't like Nintendo games because _____" requires one to paint all Nintendo games with the same brush, which is next to impossible without blotting out a large enough portion of a franchise library to make it an easily-assailed fallacy, especially when their entire game library is labeled as not "mature".

That's fair.

I certainly understand that Nintendo's output can be quite diverse in theme when you take into account franchises like Fire Emblem and the already-mentioned Metroid.

I only consider that there's a common bucket that you can toss Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Kirby and more into. They all share a common lighthearted look and feel. It's like the 'Disney' arm of the company, which in reality I would call out as their trademark theme.

And while there's no denying the level of quality in these productions ('dat Mario Kart Luigi-Stare .gif), it's entirely plausible that one can look at it and say, "Hey, that's cool. But it's just not for me."

I guess I just wish more people would respect this stance. Not cubbyhole them as bloodthirsty tweens just trying to "look and act cool" while screaming racial slurs playing online CoD. As though that was the only other explanation for not enjoying Nintendo games.

120v

Wii U was when Nintendo "lost me"... just seemed like a total ripoff and made me question the direction the company was taking as a whole.

I'm still a fanboy at heart but in an age where I'm having a hard time justifying the price of any console for over $300 (PC is servicing me just fine this gen) they're really going to have to "out-nintendo" themselves if I'm going to happily plop down money for an NX. I still think they're the biggest innovators in the industry, and they'll ultimately carve their own niche, but I'm pretty wary of paying a premium for Nintendo hardware anytime soon

There is little third party support. Virtual console selection is bad and emulation is spotty. Ridiculously backwards 'account system'. Bad handheld hardware. Metroid, f-zero, Advance Wars, Star Fox.. a lot of my favorite Nintendo franchises are pretty much dead.

Terrell

There is little third party support. Virtual console selection is bad and emulation is spotty. Ridiculously backwards 'account system'. Bad handheld hardware. Metroid, f-zero, Advance Wars, Star Fox.. a lot of my favorite Nintendo franchises are pretty much dead.

Ummm... I have some pretty good news for you.

And I have to admit I'll be happy with my Wii U purchase, even if I only end up with Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, and Xenoblade X. How weird am I for having a Wii U and no first party games?

.... SERIOUSLY? Monolith Soft has been a 1st-party dev team for Nintendo since 2011 and has held controlling shares in them since 2007.

Laputa_94

I have my complaints about Nintendo mainly that I wished they used some other their IPs more, but at the end of the day I will always back Nintendo.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
N is like family to me. I'm stuck with them, even though they pull ridiculous shit from time to time.

It would be great if they made a Metroid game that didn't suck, though.

Nick0

Neo Member
Nintendo in general I've lost interest in a while ago. Really it falls down to a multitude of reasons, sometimes I'm just not particularly interested in the particular game in question for whatever reason. For example I don't like Sentai stuff so VJ or W101 don't interest me that much, I don't like Mecha anime tropes so X lost my interest the second they released that story trailer, and I didn't care much for the original Bayonetta so getting the second one was never on my radar.

Really though in terms of their more mainline stuff it really falls down to I've become a more story driven gamer than anything else. Like if I don't care for the characters in question or the drive to actually complete the game, I generally lose all motivation to play it regardless of how fun I find the mechanics. Like Super Mario Galaxy. Fantastic game, Gravity Mechanics (And really movement mechanics like that in general) have always been among my most favorite game mechanics in any given series. Was a joy to figure out how to get through the levels.

Up till like 60 or so stars in where the wow factor wore off and I stopped given a shit about collecting stuff or jumping for stars in a vapid justification for a plot that's been tired since it was first introduced decades ago and was just as barebones then as it is now with characters who basically have no character whatsoever at this point.

Like I get the point is to turn off your brain and enjoy all the fun worlds and the great gameplay (And don't get me wrong, it is great gameplay no matter how you spin it) but I'm the kind of guy who if there's no purpose to what I'm doing, no real end goal that actually means anything tangible in terms of any sort of narrative or otherwise a more interesting goal than collecting stuff, then my interest tends to drop fast and I tend to feel like I'm just going through the motions at that point.

Really, the Paper Mario series is kind of the picture perfect example of this sort of devolution in terms of my interests. Like one and two? Utterly fantastic, fun romps that got me through turn based combat which I've never been a huge fan of because of the colorful cast of characters and interesting out of the box thinking for stages the whole way through and gave a lot of personality to characters who kinda didn't have it for the most part even if they still didn't say much.

Then three came along and the colorful cast was stripped down to pixel things that bar one exception said only one line when they were first introduced and were otherwise glorified tools the whole time. And not to knock that game particularly hard, as I did like the story and it still did fun interesting stages, and the fact that you finally get Luigi in your party which I wanted since he just stuck around home in the first one was great, and hell I technically liked the 2D platforming more than the turn based combat anyway (Even if it lost style points admittedly), but despite all of that it still felt like a chunk of the charm of the original games was torn out.

I was hoping they'd fix that with sticker star but I heard that one was even worse so I never even bothered trying for that one.

And it's really that preference for stories that has ultimately turned me off the majority of their series. This isn't anything to do with being Kiddy, don't get me wrong. I love the shit out of Kingdom Hearts for example, and anyone who claims that isn't also by the same measure Nintendo games are measured against kiddy after all the DARKNESS! FRIENDSHIP! HEARTS! jokes that series gets can screw right off. The only real distinction between the two cases is that KH Has more moment to moment plot driving the action, in fact too much plot in fact for some people but that suits me just fine.

Things like the general Mario games though? Kirby, Donky Kong, Carts, Party, hell they tore the fun plot sections out of Smash, Pokemon's been dry for ages bar the dungeon series largely, Zelda's not been faring too good itself with the largely reset to zero plots that game (And by the same measure the majority of the Nintendo Series constantly) go through, though I did enjoy Midna who solely managed to get me through TP, Xenoblade was great certainly even if I don't care for what I've been seeing from trailers of X. Hell. I'd probably be interested in Fire Emblem to boot from all the good things I've heard of it were I more interested in TBS games.

Bar those sparing exceptions however? Nintendo aren't the guys who are releasing the games I'm more interested in these days. Granted not a lot of people are either, the vapid shooter/open world stuff is largely driving the market compared to the more fun story driven stuff I enjoy, but in line with the original topic, it is possible for Nintendo to 'Win Me Back' I guess.

And all it'll take is less colorful but ultimately vapid 2D Platformers with a bare bones plot and more things like Paper Mario that have a kooky but still fun story driving the fun mechanics, thank you very much.

Kaze Kyou

They lost me with the Wii U. It's a good indication that I own almost all their consoles and portables (from SNES onwards), but so far nothing's really compelling me from getting my own Wii U. I've also been contemplating just borrowing my brother's Wii U to play his copy of the new Legend of Zelda, whenever that comes out.

3DS still rocks for me, but as a home console I see myself skipping the Wii U and waiting for NX. A robust online system, a diverse 1st & 3rd party library and decent innards would win me back.

They never lost me, and never will so long as they keep their franchises and don't change any of them or anything in them too significantly. I mean a very small change to one series could lose me for that side of Nintendo, even though I've been a huge fan of that particular series since I was like four, but even then I wouldn't be lost on the other sides of Nintendo that I like.

Comparatively, Sony lost me a long time ago, and I can't really imagine what they could do to get me back. I loved Crash, but even if they tried to reboot it I still wouldn't be that interested, as there's a very strong chance that it won't have the same magic. Basically, with Crash, Soul Reaver, early Final Fantasy, Ape Escape, Metal Gear Solid, a influx of JRPGs, and Spyro, the PS1 and even the first half of the PS2 were amazing, as were the the 64 and the Gamecube, but all those series either disappeared or changed significantly, with the one exception being Metal Gear, so I'll just stick with Ninty, especially considering they were already there for me before Sony.

RagnarokX

Ummm... I have some pretty good news for you.

.... SERIOUSLY? Monolith Soft has been a 1st-party dev team for Nintendo since 2011 and has held controlling shares in them since 2007.

Technically all 3 of those games are first party titles since Nintendo funded them and aided in development.

Sabree

Neo Member
Stop making annoying gimmicks and give me something simple and powerful like the gamecube. Also bring back great franchise s like wave race and f-zero intead of shit like kirby and smash bros.

Never was a Nintendo fan for them to 'win me back', but I'd say they won me over with their 2014 E3 press conference. Really looking forward to seeing the new Zelda in the wild, although I now fear it's going to become a NX title. The real question, is what can they do to loose me?

Top Bottom