• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can we discuss about those INSANE Yokai Watch sales in Spain?

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Well, i know that many people open the PAL chart thread, see the UK chart, and they don't care about the rest.

That's probabily why not many people know how beasting Yokai Watch is right now in Spain, one of the most important Europe countrie after UK / Germany / France.

is a fact that this game is selling some insane numbers here, and i'm surprised i'm the only guy who is talking about this... I mean, seriusly.

If you don't know what i'm talking about, i'll show you.

Here the Yokai Watch sales since launch. (the numbers aren't precise and the total is a bit off, but still you can understand what i mean)

[WEEK 1] ~6,000 (only one SKUs)
[WEEK 2] a bit less than 6,000 (only one SKUs)
[WEEK 3] over 3,000 (only one SKUs)
[WEEK 4] over 4,000, but under 4,500 (all SKUs combined)
[WEEK 5] over 4,200 but under 4,300 (all SKUs combined)
[WEEK 6] over 5,000 (all SKUs combined)
[WEEK 7] over 5,000 (all SKUs combined)

Total lifetime sales, over >40.000.

Now, first of all, those legs are nuts. Seriusly. Still selling almost what sold first week after TWO MONTHS.

This mean that when all is said and done, this game will be waaaaaaaaaaay over the current sales, there are massive chance for see a lifetime sales of 100-150K, and this WITHOUTH even count digital sales.

But well, after talked about Yokai Watch sales, in general, we should see how is doing compared to the others games in Spain, cause is hard to understand the general success of the game if we don't know how is the current trend of others games... and well, that's the funny part.

YoKai Watch is on the road dor become one of the bigger game of the year, so far looks like only Uncharted 4 was bigger.

Here the TOP 3 of the bigger launch this year (first week only)

1) Uncharted 4 (PS4) ~ 80,000
2) The Division (PS4) ~ 26,000
3) Dark Souls III (PS4) ~ 18,000

All those game you saw after a first strong weeks did not sold much more.

For example, Uncharted 4 is doing really good, but is still not much over the 100K mark right now.

The Division and Dark Souls III?

Literally out of charts after about 2/3 weeks.

I mean, The Division for PS4 is the second bigger launch of the year, and YoKay Watch is already outselling it!

THE DIVISION, i mean THE BIGGER NEW IP EVER according to Ubisoft.

That's insane for a Jrpg, outselling one of the bigger hyped game of the year so far. The Division was at 34,000 unit after 2 weeks, then it leaved the chart.

Yokay Watch is at 40,000 unit currently, and is selling with that 4-5K basis all weeks.

You see, is already confirmed Yokay Watch will outsell The Division on PS4 and won't even be close. :O

Oh, and looks like was the bigger game of last week too, over Uncharted 4.

WEEK ENDING 12 JUNE 2016

01 (02) 3DS Yo-kai Watch (>5.000 / >40.000)
02 (01) PS4 Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (4.700 / >100.000)
03 (--) 3DS Kirby Planet Robobot (>4.600 / NEW)
04 (03) PS4 Overwatch (~3.400)
05 (10) PS4 Grand Theft Auto V (~3.200)

In conclusion, that's a big success for level 5, and i wonder why i'm the only guy who noted this.

I believe that people in the Media Create thread should follow more the PAL chart right now. The game has bombed in UK as most Nintendo games, but is doing really good in the other Europe countries (France, Germany, Italy, )... but in Spain, jesus.

I'm impressed, really, never thought it could be so much big here.

Dingens

I'm not really surprised. Historically the UK has always been closer to the US game sales wise (except for Fifa) while other European nations always had a soft spot for japanese games - especially France. This is probably related to the early influences of unaltered Anime that had been broadcasted since the 70s and 80s. There are actually many parallels to be found in how European nations and the US market treat foreign cultural commodities (aka games, movies and so on) that could be traced back to that...

edit:

You are not surprised Yokai Watch will outsell The Division on PS4 and by an huge margin?

in Europe? not at all

Ryng_tolu

Banned
I'm not really surprised. Historically the UK has always been closer to the US game sales wise while Europe always had a soft spot for japanese games - especially France. There are actually many parallels to be found in how European nations and the US market treat foreign cultural commodities (aka games, movies and so on)

You are not surprised Yokai Watch will outsell The Division on PS4 and by an huge margin?

in Europe? not at all

Really?

Ridley327

Spain has a knack for lifting up series on their own. I remember that Invizimals (remember those games?) was similarly huge in the country.

18-Volt

Inazuma Eleven was huge in Spain (and Italy) and just stating "From the Makers of Inazuma Eleven" could skyrocket the game sales.

is the anime being aired on TV in Spain?

My nephew was watching it here in the UK on Cartoon Network, some some fucked up looking pokemon rejects and turned that shit off, don't want him getting nightmares looking at it.

One was like the result of a human having fucked a dog, it's really messed up shit.

I'm more interested in why it's so hard for games to break 100k in Spain. Mainly due to population size, or is the gaming community small there? Please enlighten me, GAF

Boney

Banned
Yeah I've noticed how it's picking up steam considerably, and 2 should blow up just like it did in Japan. I suppose the anime is really capturing young kids imaginations.

My nephew was watching it here in the UK on Cartoon Network, some some fucked up looking pokemon rejects and turned that shit off, don't want him getting nightmares looking at it.

One was like the result of a human having fucked a dog, it's really messed up shit.
Are you for real?

This made me lol.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
I knew the Sammy comparation were incoming before make this thread. :p

But let's be serius pls, the two thread are not even close and you know this lol.

It clicked right from the start with Spain, that's really cool!

It will be a big hit in other countries too, I'm sure. It's the kind of game that keeps selling for months, as more people find out about it.

Expected a Sammy thread.
This thread proves that I'm not the only one stanning talent.

Please be prepared for Yo-kai Watch 2, now bigger and better.
KhbliUa.gif

https://youtu.be/lMDkEqktyw8?t=19s

Spain historically always had a thing for cool Japanese/anime franchises don't they?
Much more so than other European countries, well maybe France too.

LewieP

Hmm.

I remember the Layton games being fucking huge in the UK. I know they are successful internationally, but it was a full on craze in the UK when the DS was popular.

tolkir

Is the animé called El Reloje de Yokai?

They translate everything in Spain!

Nop, Yo-kai Watch. But some Yokai names are made spanish.

Probably it will be top seller next week too. It has been Nº1 on Amazon Spain the entire week.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Spain has a knack for lifting up series on their own. I remember that Invizimals (remember those games?) was similarly huge in the country.

Nintendo's Art Academy game for DS was huge in Spain as well, to the point where Nintendo Iberica's marketing team was directly involved with the production of the 3DS version.

I think YW is doing pretty well in europe as a whole.

Interesting thread, I'd love to know what it sold in Germany and France so far !

Malakai

I agree with you. A lot of those Yoki look hideous, scary and/or ugly.

Ratrat

Wha...its like 4 million per game in Japan. Im sure its amazing numbers but Im surprised how different the market is.

How come YW is first, but Uncharted 4 has more copies sold? I'm a little confused.

EDIT: Oh I see, it's because of rising sales NVM.

i-Jest

I hear it's become noticeable competition for Pokemon in Japan. Is this true?

I'm more interested in why it's so hard for games to break 100k in Spain. Mainly due to population size, or is the gaming community small there? Please enlighten me, GAF

I'd also like to know this.

Shizuka

Nice. I wonder how it did here in Latin America.

I don't think it did well. Let's take into account that Brazil, one of the world's largest game consumer, doesn't have an official Nintendo branch or correspondent. It's all gray market, no anime airing and no one talking about it.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Wha...its like 4 million per game in Japan. Im sure its amazing numbers but Im surprised how different the market is.

The peak is just a bit over 3 million, and only one did that.

The first sold ~1.3 million, and the third looks like won't do much over 2 million.

I hear it's become noticeable competition for Pokemon in Japan. Is this true?

Maybe, but Pokèmon is still waaaasaaaay bigger.

Meffer

You can't be serious. That never happened.

keep it on the down low, but seeing some of these Yokai designs...

i'd like to apologize to garbador, vanilluxe, and klefki

Garuroh

keep it on the down low, but seeing some of these Yokai designs...

i'd like to apologize to garbador, vanilluxe, and klefki

Plenty of Yokai Watch from YW3 look way better than the bland stuff we are getting with Sun and Moon. This guy is so cool:

Top Bottom