• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can we stop griping about remasters?

OuiOuiBa

Yep, and it is why I added "(...) which are too recent to be perfectly emulated (not so many machines actually are)".
This is actually very confusing, sorry, so let me rephrase it: I mean that few machines are actually perfectly emulated or able to be emulated at all, either due to their being too recent or other issues :)

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Yep, and it is why I added "(...) which are too recent to be perfectly emulated (not so many machines actually are)".
This is actually very confusing, sorry, so let me rephrase it: I mean that few machines are actually perfectly emulated or able to be emulated at all, either due to their being too recent or other issues :)

I'm still confused. This doesn't seem to mesh with your previous comment.

I see remasters as one of the reasons for publishers trying to sell the same games over and over, instead of a "buy once, can use for life" system (using emulation / DRM free downloads), so I am not fond of them at all.
IMHO emulation should allow for old games to be sold the same way as music (both DRM free and platform agnostic).
Of course, I consider remasters to be nice for games which had low performance / game breaking bugs, big flaws, which are too recent to be perfectly emulated (not so many machines actually are), or are ridiculously expensive today.

From what I gather you seem to suggest that once you own a game on one system you should own it on every system. That's not going to happen and it has rarely (if ever) happened in any other entertainment medium.

Top Bottom