• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canada E3 Deals 2015 IOTI Actually, even better than last year!

Is there a way to change your order with BestBuy.ca? Because I changed my order on Amazon.ca (I added Dragon Quest Heroes and Star Ocean 5 to my pre-orders list using the CS Chat system) and just want to add Naruto Storm 4 and remove the DQH and SO 5.

Cancel and re-order, or try your luck with a customer service rep on the phone. There's no way to change/add to your order via Best Buy's abysmal ecommerce system.

F4r0_Atak

Cancel and re-order, or try your luck with a customer service rep on the phone. There's no way to change/add to your order via Best Buy's abysmal ecommerce system.

Things is that the promo code won't work anymore if I did that, cause I would lose my E3 code for June 18th to the last order I made.

So I added Sword Art Online and Dragon Quest Heroes to my order on Amazon through Customer Service, but now I have a random $8 shipping charge that I didn't have before. I have Prime so everything should be shipping for free. Do I have to get this changed through live chat or is there a way for me to fix it?

Looks like I am going to cancel my BB order of DQH and Naruto. I don't really need Naruto at launch anyways.

Sora_N

You guys actually expect random CSRs to forward your game requests and then they actually be listed by the time the promotion ends?

If it wasn't up I wouldn't count on anything else being added but if stuff does get added then that would be cool.

F4r0_Atak

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that. Shows how much I've been ordering on Best Buy, I guess.

LOL, I kinda understand that... I used to make all my pre-orders at EB Games but with Amazon super E3 deal. I cancelled all my previous pre-orders (which pissed off the manager there... XD) and made them through (which is less of a hurdle for me. Never had a problem with them). Since I never pre-order at BestBuy, I'm kinda lost with those pre-orders online policies.

Stage On

urg customer service is giving me a hard time about keeping my fire emblem order at the old price and getting the 30% discount still...

I know they did it for other people, why is this so hard? Even the phone guy couldn't help and I'm on hold while I wait to talk with a manager about it.

urg customer service is giving me a hard time about keeping my fire emblem order at the old price and getting the 30% discount still...

I know they did it for other people, why is this so hard? Even the phone guy couldn't help and I'm on hold while I wait to talk with a manager about it.

Are you asking to combine the order or to apply the new discount to a previous order? If you combine it with an E3 order under the promo it should apply anyway because it qualifies.

I also never noticed before that the contact us options under change your order includes a combine option. This confuses me even more why they were being such a pain over it before.

Stage On

I'm seeing red right now. Why the heck is Amazon customer service so bloody inconsistent

They can do stuff like transfer Fire emblem at the lower price for some people so they can the extra discount but can't do it for others. "No exceptions" says the person on the phone which is bull since I can see a few exceptions right here.

I'm seeing red right now. Why the heck is Amazon customer service so bloody inconsistent

They can do stuff like transfer Fire emblem at the lower price for some people so they can the extra discount but can't do it for others. "No exceptions" says the person on the phone which is bull since I can see a few exceptions right here.

Amazon CS has been kind of infuriating this year. I'm talking with them right now to combine all of my orders, so hopefully this goes smoothly.

Lexxism

Amazon CS has been kind of infuriating this year. I'm talking with them right now to combine all of my orders, so hopefully this goes smoothly.
They say they can't do that. What I did is I asked them to add games to one of my existing orders. Now, I have all games in one order

Stage On

Are you asking to combine the order or to apply the new discount to a previous order? If you combine it with an E3 order under the promo it should apply anyway because it qualifies.

I also never noticed before that the contact us options under change your order includes a combine option. This confuses me even more why they were being such a pain over it before.

Yes. I had the game preordered at $45. The price is higher now thought so If I order it again it'd be at $50 before the 30% discount

I know other people some on this board who where able to get them to transfer that $45 to a new order so that they got the 30% discount off of that price.

That's a difference of $4.50 after the discount. It might not seem like much but every cent counts for me. Especially since the difference will become larger after taxs are included.

42 Games in one order + 3x 3 in separate earlier orders.
Total is ~2700.

And this doesn't even count a bunch of spill over orders from previous years.

Someone stop me.

No_Style

42 Games in one order + 3x 3 in separate earlier orders.
Total is ~2700.

And this doesn't even count a bunch of spill over orders from previous years.

Someone stop me.

This is a thread of enabling. You will not find solace here.

What's your back log like?!

They say they can't do that. What I did is I asked them to add games to one of my existing orders. Now, I have all games in one order

There isn't any actual reason they can't. I confirmed it with other CSRs that this is something they do, it just takes a bit more effort on pre-orders due to the system they use.

Yes. I had the game preordered at $45. The price is higher now thought so If I order it again it'd be at $50 before the 30% discount

I know other people some on this board who where able to get them to transfer that $45 to a new order so that they got the 30% discount off of that price.

That's a difference of $4.50 after the discount. It might not seem like much but every cent counts for me. Especially since the difference will become larger after taxes are included.

I was one of the people who got it. I know what you mean, which is why I am so anal about making sure it stays even when moving stuff.

XenobladeX comes out first so once it's arrived (heck I think you can do it even earlier), cancel the other two if you want. You still pay the discounted price and have nothing to lose.

You apply the code before you hit submit order. As a matter of fact, during payment information you may see "$xxx CDN promotional balance" which is the 20%/30% off of your order. You can see if it was added by looking at the final balance before you hit submit order. Can't use Paypal but as long as you input a valid temporary payment option, you can come up with something before the first item ships.

Thaaaaank yoooouuuuu!
I got Xenoblade X, Zelda Wii U and going to add FFVII or NieR, games that aren't coming out anytime soon, but I may still want if I get a PS4 by then :s risky life with pre-orders. It'll be worth it for Xenoblade X.

DVCY201

Why is Mirror's Edge Catalyst suddenly sold out for PS4? And where's Fatal Frame V? Arguably two of my most anticipated games, and I can't even get them.

That's a difference of $4.50 after the discount. It might not seem like much but every cent counts for me. Especially since the difference will become larger after taxs are included.

I just did that and it worked and I retained my single order at 44.99$ too so I will now ask them to add 2 games to the old one so I will have 2 copies of FE for 44.99$ each -30%. Not sure if it will work since the original order at 44.99$ was done before E3.

Why is Mirror's Edge Catalyst suddenly sold out for PS4? And where's Fatal Frame V? Arguably two of my most anticipated games, and I can't even get them.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst PS4 has been unavailable for several days now, sorry to say. As for Fatal Frame, who knows.

DayEnder

Mirror's Edge Catalyst PS4 has been unavailable for several days now, sorry to say. As for Fatal Frame, who knows.

I called Amazon CS and they were only allocated a certain number of units for each platform. All the PS4 ones sold out very quickly. I asked the rep (who asked her supervisor) if they could pre-sell me a copy/apply promotional credit for that one item when it comes back in stock. No DICE.

Edit: Got tons of other games though, so I can't really complain. The rep on the phone was great and tried.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I am trying to think of what notable games Best Buy has that Amazon doesn't at this point. At least ones that I want.

I got 2. Corpse Party and SMT X FE because they were not included in the promo or available respectively.

Stage On

I just did that and it worked and I retained my single order at 44.99$ too so I will now ask them to add 2 games to the old one so I will have 2 copies of FE for 44.99$ each -30%. Not sure if it will work since the original order at 44.99$ was done before E3.

I had to escalate from to a supervisor and then a manager but I got it done finally.

He also manually placed Legend of legacy in my order and forwarded it to the promotional team. Basically if it was supposed to be part of the deal they will manually apply the 30% off discount for me and if not well I can always cancel that part of the order later.

Too bad that little trick won't help me with stuff that isn't listed at all.

Achtius

So Animal Crossing for Wii U is free to play. This thing sitting in my Amazon cart will never ship?

maybe it's for the physical bundle with the 2 amiibo and 3 cards

OXnTxwN.png

I am trying to think of what notable games Best Buy has that Amazon doesn't at this point. At least ones that I want.

You can use one of the filter views on the spreadsheet to look at the most up-to-date list, but since it's unlikely to change much in the final hours, here's the list:

Anno 2205
Blood Bowl II
Corpse Party: Blood Drive
Earth Defense Force 2
Earth Defense Force 4.1
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
Quantum Break
Rock Band 4 Band-in-a-box
Rock Band 4 Fender Bundle
Rock Band 4
Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void
Superbeat: Xonic
Tales of Zestiria (PS3)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (PS3 and Vita)

EDIT: Oops, spoke too soon. Missed Superbeat: Xonic.

EDIT 2: Also, Anno 2205. I don't know that I'd order via Best Buy as you can probably get it on sale from Steam or Green Man Gaming (warning: likely only UPlay version) at some point, but yeah.

You can use one of the filter views on the spreadsheet to look at the most up-to-date list, but since it's unlikely to change much in the final hours, here's the list:

Blood Bowl II
Corpse Party: Blood Drive
Earth Defense Force 2
Earth Defense Force 4.1
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
Quantum Break
Rock Band 4 Band-in-a-box
Rock Band 4 Fender Bundle
Rock Band 4
Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void
Tales of Zestiria (PS3)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (PS3 and Vita)

Thanks.

Made an order for the RB4 Fender Bundle and SMT x Fire Emblem. I am not sure I will keep it but 20% is something.

maybe it's for the physical bundle with the 2 amiibo and 3 cards

Forgot about this. Will probably keep for Amiibos.

DJ_Lae

Okay I'm done. I think.

3DS
-Mario Luigi Paper Jam
-Hyrule Warriors
-New Fire Emblem

PC
-Civ: Beyond Earth - Rising Tide (if this doesn't fix the game being boring I'm canceling this in an instant)
-Fallout 4

PS4
-FFVII Remake
-Final Fantasy XV
-Mass Effect: Andromeda
-Dragon Quest Heroes
-Horizon: Zero Dawn
-Uncharted Collection
-Dark Souls 3
-Ratchet & Clank

Xbox
-Gears of War 4
-Gears of War Ultimate
-Halo 5
-Forza 5
-Rare Replay

WiiU
-Star Fox Zero
-Xenoblade Chronicles X
-Yoshi's Woolly World
-Mario Maker
-Legend of Zelda

$1,098.61 after discount and including tax. Little under $48 a pop on average. I can live with that spread over a couple of years.

Geez, what a mission it was to combine all of my orders. At least the CSR I got wasn't a pain, though it took some re-enforcement of my previous issues to get everything sorted out painlessly. Order complete, 618.14$ all said and done, plus I got the discount on Legend of Legacy (if I even choose to keep it) and got to keep my lower pre-order price on FE. Like many of us, I wish some other games were available, but we'll see what happens later down the line.

My list (bolded is keeping, italics are probably going to be dropped, everything else is unsure)

Stella Glow
The Legend of Legacy
Mario Tennis Ultra Smash
Yoshi's Woolly World
The Legend of Zelda
Fire Emblem Fates
Mario Luigi Paper Jam
World of Final Fantasy - Vita and PS4 (not sure which I'll want)
Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight
Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & the Monster Seal
Mighty No. 9 - PS4

Top Bottom