• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canada E3 Deals 2015 IOTI Actually, even better than last year!

zroid

Banned
Well, even if I ordered Bravely Second now, chances are I'm going to opt for a to-be-revealed Collector's Edition instead anyways. So whatever.

Do the credit card trick! Before you finalize your order go to "Update Credit Card" and just reselect the same thing then process the order and it will go through.

More precision:

Make sure all your information is correct and at least a credit card is saved on your account. Log in, then add it to cart. During check out, where you enter your payment information, if you click submit, it will prompt you that Quebec error. However, just edit your credit card information (but don't change anything), just enter your CID and click submit. It will go through. I did that many times for English only products.

Fularu

Banned
Do the credit card trick! Before you finalize your order go to "Update Credit Card" and just reselect the same thing then process the order and it will go through.

And then when the game is about to come out, theyll send me an email and cancel it. That's what they've done in the past anyway.

Doesn't hurt to try I guess

Fularu

Banned
More precision:

Make sure all your information is correct and at least a credit card is saved on your account. Log in, then add it to cart. During check out, where you enter your payment information, if you click submit, it will prompt you that Quebec error. However, just edit your credit card information (but don't change anything), just enter your CID and click submit. It will go through. I did that many times for English only products.

The submit button never lights up, even after I modify my adress and or credit card info

etta

my hard graphic balls
Guys, I counted my moneis and I have enough for another game. This is what I have now:
FIFA 16, Forza Motorsport 6, Star Wars Battlefront, The Division, and Uncharted 4.
What is another I should get between Fallout 4, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Halo 5, MGS 5 TPP, or Batman AK?
I am definitely getting two more titles for Christmas on top of the ones currently preordered, I was thinking to get Halo 5 and Fallout 4 (if it is a good port on Xbox One) then, and pick up ROTR, MGS V and Batman AK next summer.
What do?

Guys, I counted my moneis and I have enough for another game.

What is another I should get between Fallout 4, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Halo 5, MGS 5 TPP, or Batman AK?

That is some far ahead budgeting!

Batman offers you something to play soon. Fallout 4 offers you 38397373 hours of gameplay... MGS 5 is a no brainer if you are a huge fan. I would say Fallout 4 but it's personal taste here. It will be my game of the everything I think!

Wazzy

Banned
Lame there's no P5 preorder up and I wish the ps4 digimon would let me.

I'm deciding if I should order a couple more games or just leave it with the 10 I picked.

etta

my hard graphic balls
That is some far ahead budgeting!

Batman offers you something to play soon. Fallout 4 offers you 38397373 hours of gameplay... MGS 5 is a no brainer if you are a huge fan. I would say Fallout 4 but it's personal taste here. It will be my game of the everything I think!

I love MGS V, but for me it is not a day one type game. Batman would be nice because it is coming out in 4 days, but I was pretty burned out on it when I was playing Origins, which is why I put it off until next summer. As for Fallout 4, I was going to get it for Christmas and not day one because I wanted to see how the console versions turned up. Halo 5 I would rather open on Christmas day, so I guess it is between ROTR and Batman, with MGS slightly trailing behind. Hmmmmmmmm

i-Jest

So I contacted Amazon CSR. The woman said I'd be able to add games that may not be available, at the time of the promo, to my order group and still get the discount on those games. I'd just have to contact them. She said she'd send me a transcript as proof (sent myself a copy too). She said she doesn't expect Digimon World Cyber Sleuth orders to reopen until Monday.

I don't know how much I trust all that but I'll give it a chance. I'll contact another CSR rep to make sure though.

So I contacted Amazon CSR. The woman said I'd be able to add games that may not be available, at the time of the promo, to my order group and still get the discount on those games. I'd just have to contact them. She said she'd send me a transcript as proof (sent myself a copy too). She said she doesn't expect Digimon World Cyber Sleuth orders to reopen until Monday.

I don't know how much I trust all that but I'll give it a chance. I'll contact another CSR rep to make sure though.

I was actually planning on trying this. I think something similar worked last year, but I figure its worth a shot. Worst case scenario, you don't get the discount, right?

explodet

I wish SOMEBODY had Fatal Frame 5 for preorder. Even Gamestop in the US denies this game's existence.

Maybe it's pulling a Persona 5?

Stage On

Geez, what a mission it was to combine all of my orders. At least the CSR I got wasn't a pain, though it took some re-enforcement of my previous issues to get everything sorted out painlessly. Order complete, 618.14$ all said and done, plus I got the discount on Legend of Legacy (if I even choose to keep it) and got to keep my lower pre-order price on FE. Like many of us, I wish some other games were available, but we'll see what happens later down the line.

How'd you'd manage to get them to discount Legend of Legacy? When I asked the manager on the phone if he'd apply the discount for me he said there was nothing he could do and deferred it off to the promotions team :/

Returners

Alright, I'm done.

I think my damage is around 800 bucks but it includes the RB4 Band bundle.

Still got tons ordered for friends. That order is in the thousands.

farisr

So ordered 23 games this time around.
Total including taxes = 1217.86

meaning 52.95 per game average, or, before taxes 46.86. Not bad. Thank you amazon.

The average price is going to end up lowering as well because some of the higher priced games that I do have ordered are very likely to be cancelled. Whereas most of the lower priced ones I know I definitely want.

So combining this with the previous years, my preorder count is up to 39 games now.

FluxWaveZ

I can't order Xonic, LEgend of Heroes PS3/Vita on BB's site because they can't be shipped to Québec

FML

This messed me up, and then my credit card expires before 2016 so Best Buy's site wouldn't let me pre-order stuff. Great. Got Xonic off of Amazon, but couldn't get SMTxFE.

VB6anD9.jpg
*sigh*

zroid

Banned

Okay, I'll bite. Just gonna place my order now then.

did I read somewhere that you can combine all your amazon orders into one giant order if you contact customer service? Or did I imagine that?

if so, what is the benefit of doing that?

Mupod

guess I'm giving up on P5. For now I've got:

FF15
FF7 remake
Horizon
TLG
Fire Emblem
Dark Souls 3

I might end up cancelling some of those closer to release, who knows.

I'll push my luck and hope my $40 xenoblade, FExSMT, and Zelda preorders on future shop end up going through. Xenoblade is still called 'Wii U X' in the preorder, lol.

Magnus

I'm torn. I'd be saving $400 if I did this Amazon promo for all the games I'd want, but I know I'll always want the game on release day. That's my jam.

So I'll always end up paying a trip to the store anyway, and now it'll have to be twice (to return the games back once they arrive from Amazon....), and really, am I going to do that 20 times over the next year....

I don't know.

If it's even 1 day behind, I'll need to go get it from somewhere else. And Amazon apparently can take 3-5 business days with Free Shipping....? The fuck? I'm not sure I want to bother.

Stage On

did I read somewhere that you can combine all your amazon orders into one giant order if you contact customer service? Or did I imagine that?

if so, what is the benefit of doing that?

Probably being able to cancel stuff and still maintain a 30% discount if you still have several games in your order that haven't come out yet.

I'll push my luck and hope my $40 xenoblade, FExSMT, and Zelda preorders on future shop end up going through. Xenoblade is still called 'Wii U X' in the preorder, lol.

Before they took down the futureshop site you could check a link in your order for Wii U X that took you to the Xenoblade page so yes you'll get the right game. The 2015 orders like that are safe, it's the 2016 and up ones I'd be worried about.

Madness

I don't know whether I want to add rare replay or gears ultimate. Don't know how much I'll play those with Destiny ttk, Battlefront, halo 5 etc.

I'm thinking while 30% is great. Those physical games will be dirt cheap soon enough the way the industry is. Thoughts?

explodet

The CSR I contacted through chat had terrible grammar and also thought I was talking about a completely different promotion. Ah well, maybe I'll just preorder Fatal Frame 5 through EB or somethin'.

Anteros

Neo Member
Amazon list so far:
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Super Mario Maker
Transformers Devastation
Tales of Zestiria
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
World of Final Fantasy
NieR
Star Ocean
Dragon Quest Heroes
Until Dawn
Assassin's Creed Syndicate
The Last Guardian (PS4)
Recore
Gears of War Ultimate
South Park
Gears of War 4
Dark Souls 3
Dishonored 2
Call of Duty Black Ops 3
Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Fallout 4

This is on top of the pre-orders I have left from previous years that include:
Mad Max
Uncharted 4
Batman Arkham Knight
Devil's Third
Zelda Wii U
Persona 5 (PS3)
Star Fox
Scalebound
Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4)
Battlefront
Mass Effect 4
The Division
The Last Guardian (PS3)
Halo 5
Quantum Break
Xenoblade X
Metal Gear Solid 5
Final Fantasy XV
Mirror's Edge PS4
Kingdom Hearts 3
SMTxFE

Holy Crap... I think I'm good for a few years.

Stage On

Magnus that is a serious case of a little patience going a long way. Just think of all the gas your wasting with all those trips. Suck it up and wait a few days and save that $400. Worst comes to worst you always have your other games to play in the meantime.

I don't know whether I want to add rare replay or gears ultimate. Don't know how much I'll play those with Destiny ttk, Battlefront, halo 5 etc.

I'm thinking while 30% is great. Those physical games will be dirt cheap soon enough the way the industry is. Thoughts?

Well Rare replay is already a budget game so how much cheaper is it likely to get? 30% of it's current price is $28 before tax so you aren't likely to get it much lower.

Gears of war on the other hand wait wait wait. It's massively overpriced for just a fresh coat of paint remaster. Maybe it if was the entire trilogy & judgement it'd be worth it, but you can play gears 1 now for like $5.

will amazon CS let us do that?

Sure. As long as you have 3 or more games in your order the discount will remain. If you go under that the discount will vanish on any games that haven't shipped yet. They can't really do anything if you say get the first game in your order and the cancel the rest.

Does The Legend of Legacy work for Amazon? The little blurb isn't underneath the pre-order.

No it doesn't. I tried and nadda. They forwarded my request to Promotions to maybe fix it on my order but it's a bit of a crap shot.

catspit

I would think so.. Which is why I am trying to select only the games I 'really' would like to play day 1.. Also, tying to make sure not to preorder multiple games that come out in the same month.. By the time I would get around to the other games, they would be on sale by then.

Seik

Banned
This messed me up, and then my credit card expires before 2016 so Best Buy's site wouldn't let me pre-order stuff. Great. Got Xonic off of Amazon, but couldn't get SMTxFE.

*sigh*

I had that problem too, partly why I'm going with amazon now. This and the 'Can't be shipped to Quebec' heavy bullshit.

Ventara

So how does fire emblem fates work on Amazon if there are supposed to be two versions of the game?

Amazon will just have to send us both versions at the price of one.
I wish.

So I'm wrapping up my orders and it's a shame that Legend of Legacy doesn't qualify or that Fatal Frame never showed up. I see some of you guys are being told by reps that you can add a game to your order that doesn't qualify and get the discount if you contact them. It's pretty late now, so I don't want to call now. Can I order and call them on the weekend to have it fixed?

explodet

Final damage this year is $1,117.89 in preorders (after taxes). Saved myself $379.

Not too shabby considering a third of the games won't see the light of day until 2017.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Had to go BestBuy for SMT x FE (added in EDF2 since it was super cheap)

It feels bad.

I also got the amazon live chat thing to add a game to my order and it went smoothly so I am impressed there

Dreavus

Okay, this is going to sound extremely stupid, but if I put "group items in as few shipments as possible", they're not going to wait for a second game to release right? There are MONTHS in between. Reading the FAQ does not make me feel better.

That would be crazy right? I haven't done much pre-ordering on Amazon.

Top Bottom