• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canada: Try out Mario Kart 8 at Best Buy on May 24

Zeeman

Go to Best Buy between 12-4 to play. First 50 people at these locations get a free gift card for actual go-karting.

Alberta
Calgary: 350 Stewart Green SW
Calgary: 8180 11th Ste SE
Edmonton: 9931 19th Ave NW
Edmonton: 13924 137th Ave NW

British Columbia
Vancouver: 2220 Cambie St
Surrey: 10025 King George Blvd
Langley: 20202 66th Ave

Manitoba
Winnipeg: 1580 Regent Ave W

Nova Scotia
Halifax: 11 Washmill Lake Crt

Ontario
Ottawa: 745 Kanata Ave
Kingston: 770 Gardiners Rd
Barrie: 80 Concert Way

Quebec
Chateau-Richer: 5401 Blvd des Galeries

Saskatchewan
3310 8th St E, Saskatoon

If you go to the following locations, first 50 people get vouchers good for a free t-shirt on Mario’s Canadian Karting Day, which will take place on May 31st.

Greater Toronto Area
Toronto: 65 Dundas Street W
Scarborough: 480 Progress Avenue
Brampton: 25 Peel Center Drive
Mississauga: 6075 Mavis Road
Aurora: 52 First Commerce Drive

Montreal
Pointe-Claire: 6815 Trans-Canada Highway
Lasalle: 7077 Newman Blvd
Montreal: 8871 L'Acadie Boulevard
Anjou: 7200 Boulevard des Roseraies

You can redeem that voucher on May 31st, from 11am to 5pm, where Nintendo will be hosting a day of go-karting in Toronto and Montreal at the following locations:

Toronto: 401 Mini-Indy Go-Karts (37 Stoffel Dr, Toronto, ON M9W 6A8) - (416) 614-6789
Montreal: Action 500 (5592 Hochelaga, Montréal, QC H1N 3L7) - (514) 254-4244
The first 500 people at each location will receive a free kart race! The winner of each race will be awarded a coveted blue shell trophy.

Everyone who attends will have the chance to play Mario Kart 8 and win awesome Mario Kart prizes. You’ll also be able to take a photo in our anti-gravity photo booth and have a chance to meet one of your favourite Nintendo characters!

http://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Visit-...play-Mario-Kart-8-Only-at-Best-Buy/ba-p/91556
http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/JqDVVqWqpDWuVUKP0KAD4Rs1Jx_TSzJU

FrankCaron

The winner of each race will be awarded a coveted blue shell trophy.

9832_81be.gif

hwy_61

Banned
If you're in the US, you can try it out at your nearest GameStop this weekend. Call ahead to see if your local shop is participating though.

Kinsei

Banned
Holy crap, the Best Buy 10 minutes away from me is doing this.

I hope this means they'll have the Smash demo there too so I don't have to got to Dartmouth.

FrsDvl

Woah Nintendo, finally. You do something on a day where i already have a babysitter booked for. I'll look forward to playing mario kart.

Kazerei

Banned
I just tried out the demo in Kingston. There was hardly anyone there, just a few people ahead of me and a few people behind me, so played the demo twice. I played the Electrodome in single player and Sweet Sweet Canyon in multiplayer. Feels very smooth and responsive, even in multiplayer. I managed to bump-boost off other karts a few times. I think that's a really clever new mechanic, because it takes skill to pull off as best as possible. I wanted to play a little more, but I have some errands to do. On my way out, I picked up a lanyard, keychain, stickers, and a voucher for 15 minutes free on the go-kart track at Kingston Family Funworld. Good times.

Top Bottom