• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 demo Best Buy locations revealed [Update: Canada]

Any announced plans for something like this in Japan? What kind of world do we live in where I can't try out Nintendo games in Tokyo but some bloke in Nova Scotia can?

demolitio

I wonder what made them select these stores considering a lot of them are avoiding the big cities in certain states and going after smaller markets. I understand doing that as well, but skipping out on the big cities in a state seems a little weird, especially when the local one here was one of the most successful Best Buy stores for gaming for some reason.

ASTROID2

I wonder what made them select these stores considering a lot of them are avoiding the big cities in certain states and going after smaller markets. I understand doing that as well, but skipping out on the big cities in a state seems a little weird, especially when the local one here was one of the most successful Best Buy stores for gaming for some reason.

Cause the closest best buy to me is in greenfield and I don't live in a big city. *wipes tear* Nintendo always thinking about the little guy. :)

demolitio

Cause the closest best buy to me is in greenfield and I don't live in a big city. *wipes tear* Nintendo always thinking about the little guy. :)

Believe me, I get that. But ignoring the big markets and even the suburbs outside of the major cities seems a little weird. I'm glad they're going after the little guy, but you would think they'd want to put it in places where it could be seen by the most people too.

It's just a little puzzling is all. I don't mind it that much although I would have loved to have one at least close to here. Just puzzled really as to how they chose this. :p

cool, my town (Bloomington, IL) is getting one.. i'll check it out.

still do not understand why Nintendo/Sony/MS don't take advantage of their digital stores to release these demos. they could do the same thing with expiration dates =/

I've been to Bloomington, IL. Cool town, heavy Philippine population. I'm Asian (see Avatar).

Still in love with the sexy black chick who works the Wal-Mart Super center....may have been a target....

evangd007

still do not understand why Nintendo/Sony/MS don't take advantage of their digital stores to release these demos. they could do the same thing with expiration dates =/

It'd be a lot of work to put E3 demos through release QA. If a demo overheats a demo unit and bricks it, no harm no foul. If it does that to a consumer unit, bad news.

I'll be sure to bring my cam and take some 60fps footage(along with some gaf photos, for those willing). I'll consult you all on how I should go about uploading it once we get back.

OOOH YES, do it for Sonic Lost World at least (if there), I can check myself, but if it is in 60fps, I want to see that goodness on video! *drools*

antonz

E3 Demos tend to be very unstable and crash machines quite often. I suppose the 3 could work on making solid demos that wont brick machines but most studios hate making demos as it is for E3 as it takes development time away

blamite

Aw, Bloomington and Schaumburg get locations but nothing in Chicago proper? Disappointing. I wanted some Luigi loot!

Bullza2o

I've been to Bloomington, IL. Cool town, heavy Philippine population. I'm Asian (see Avatar).

You Filipino?

Anyways, I with all the instability I'm hearing I won't the Schaumburg units won't give up randomly, and I hope they have backup demo units.

I also bet people will be lining up like 30min before 4pm.

The_Lump

Banned
They should probably be on eShop too (and probably will be) but quite rightly, Nintendo's main concern is getting new customers to try/buy WiiU.

The majority of people with a WiiU in their hands right now can see/understand it's potential. The majority of consumers however, have not been sold on the concept and this could be a huge sales driver, especially to those sitting on the fence about buying one.

To reiterate though, these demos will in all likelihood be on eShop too.

Smellycat

Should we expect the first leaks of unannounced games to come from these events?? I know that they don't start until June 12th, but it is possible that some BB employee will leak something if the kiosks are delivered earlier in the week.

We have it at Nintendo World Store.. and it's all 5 days.. not select hours

https://twitter.com/Nintendo_World/status/339826628576280577

I'll go to Nintendo world since I can take the train there and cannot get to my CT location easily but my CT location should be less of a madhouse :(

Should we expect the first leaks of unannounced games to come from these events?? I know that they don't start until June 12th, but it is possible that some BB employee will leak something if the kiosks are delivered earlier in the week.

could be run by Nintendo Employees same ones they hire to do all those Wii U experience tours during the summer since this is not really a permanent feature at Best Buy that is what I am expecting it to be

I don't think I've ever been to the Best Buy on Richmond(Houston, Tx). I would imagine it's insanely busy given the location, but hopefully it's not so bad come D-Day.

You guys might want to check the Best Buy site to see if the list of participating stores have changed in your state. Looks like Michigan only has one location now

JosiahB

Well shit. The Nintendo Experience page no longer lists Fort Myers FL as a location for the event. Just Gainesville and Pensacola for Florida; Brandon, Kissimmee and even Miami don't show up. Did they ever show up on the site? Were they removed? The Fort Myers location was closest to me, and I'm no where near Gainesville or Pensacola...

EDIT:
You guys might want to check the Best Buy site to see if the list of participating stores have changed in your state. Looks like Michigan only has one location now

Oh. Man... So it's not just Florida.

Yep, there were two metro Atlanta locations and two other cities for Georgia. The Smyrna location has been dropped and the Duluth location changed to the Mall of Georgia.

FFS. For some reason I don't think this is Nintendo's fault but Best Buy's (maybe regional managers doing last minute decisions?)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
According to Nintendo Life via promotional poster, the demos will be:

- New Super Luigi U
- Pikmin 3
- Wonderful 101
- Wind Waker HD

Edit: I might as well ask before posting the link/picture, what exactly falls under the "no scans" rule? I know scans from magazines aren't allowed, but are scans/pics of posters, promotional papers, etc. okay?

Gartooth

Saw it, disappointed. I'm still looking forward to the games, but now it's a "maybe I will go" rather than "MUST GET THERE!". (all of those games will be released in a few months time save for an HD port of Wind Waker)

zroid

Banned
Edit: I might as well ask before posting the link/picture, what exactly falls under the "no scans" rule? I know scans from magazines aren't allowed, but are scans/pics of posters, promotional papers, etc. okay?

yeah this would be fine to post

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Alright, thanks. Just wanted to make sure and play it safe.

Here's the link from NintendoLife.

650x.jpg

Frolow

Banned
Those Best Buy demos are being installed by an Nintendo Rep, aren't they? If that's the case, then I doubt anyone at that location would know what the the games are beforehand.

zroid

Banned
Well the good news is I can spend more time with the 2 games of the 4 I'm actually interested in playing demos of.

Rran

Guess I'll be hittin' up ol' Harvey come Wednesday (will probably cut out of work early, too)! I'm expecting good things from the Direct... just really have no idea what Nintendo's gonna put on display for the public :hmm:

Not sure if this has been mentioned earlier in this thread, but it has been confirmed via Best Buy's site that each location will only have ONE demo unit playing these four games. Not one demo unit per game - but one demo unit period. Prepare to wait in line...

Top Bottom