• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 demo Best Buy locations revealed [Update: Canada]

zroid

Banned
sigh... at least there'll be StreetPass to look forward to

and the longer the line, the more StreetPasses there'll be.

iphys

1 demo unit? Do you only get to try your choice of one game for like 1 minute before they boot you from the machine? Can't imagine how that's going to work if hundreds of people show up.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Not a good selection of games to entice new gamers with. I'm sure all those games are great but I wouldn't call them head turners :/ 3 out of the four look like old games at first glance.
I was hoping for new Mario or bayonetta.

Ps wtf no Orange County?

Ridley327

Not a good selection of games to entice new gamers with. I'm sure all those games are great but I wouldn't call them head turners :/ 3 out of the four look like old games at first glance.
I was hoping for new Mario or bayonetta.

Even if the list turns out to be fake, Bayonetta 2 was never going to be one of the games; Best Buy doesn't allow for M-rated games to be demoed unless it's a midnight release that we can card for.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn, rechecked the ones in MI & it went from 4 to 1. Not even gonna bother checking with the one that's about 30 minutes away from me. Maybe we'll get lucky & down the line, they'll be put on the eShop. I mainly just want the W101 demo.

Hmmm, I have a meeting at about 4 the day this goes live. I might just have to go out there early and try to capture some off cam 60fps footage of 101, but it will be a little tight. Let me see what I can do...

Kazerei

Banned
Alright, thanks. Just wanted to make sure and play it safe.

Here's the link from NintendoLife.

650x.jpg

It's believable. I wasn't expecting much, so just Nintendo's next four releases sounds about right.

"Starting June 11th, the #E3 experience is coming to #Nintendo World! For 5 days, fans will have early access to our newly announced games." - Nintendo World Twitter account

Notice they said "newly announced", meaning it's a solid indication that at least one of the games on display at Best Buy is probably something that is newly announced in the Direct. My best guess is 3D Mario. Nintendo World Store is obviously looking like they'll have a much larger selection of demos than Best Buy, but then NWS is only one location, and it's a location directly under the control of Nintendo staff.

I think the guesses for the other three Best Buy games is pretty spot-on and predictable. W101, Wind Waker, and probably Pikmin. If Nintendo wants Pikmin to be a really big seller, and the series traditionally is not, then it would make a lot of sense for them to demo it out this week, two months in advance of the release date.

Nintendo seems to be making a HUGE deal out of these demos, "E3 for the people", so I don't think that image with Luigi U is real. One of the most obvious signs of it being a fake is that the Pikmin logo is in a different aspect ratio than the other three logos, and the 3 is still pink, even though Nintendo altered it to bright orange months ago, for all of Pikmin 3's promo materials.

Also keep in mind guys, that they've said they're announcing the Best Buy games after the Direct. Not before. If all of the Best Buy games were games that had been previously announced, then Nintendo wouldn't have any reason to wait to tell us which games they were. At least one of the four games is something we've never seen or heard about, and it will be playable at Best Buy following it's announcement in the Direct.

Megatons are incoming.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
If that list is true then I wouldn't be going to play an expansion pack to a game I already own, a remake of a game I already own, or a game that I played close to a year ago, but to get the chance to finally play The Wonderful 101. I think I could wait until September for that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Now that I think about it, wouldn't Nintendo make a new logo for the HD version of Wind Waker, or at the very least, add "HD" or something to the title?

Ninja'd above.

Meelow

Banned
"Starting June 11th, the #E3 experience is coming to #Nintendo World! For 5 days, fans will have early access to our newly announced games." - Nintendo World Twitter account

Notice they said "newly announced", meaning it's a solid indication that at least one of the games on display at Best Buy is probably something that is newly announced in the Direct. My best guess is 3D Mario. Nintendo World Store is obviously looking like they'll have a much larger selection of demos than Best Buy, but then NWS is only one location, and it's a location directly under the control of Nintendo staff.

I think the guesses for the other three Best Buy games is pretty spot-on and predictable. W101, Wind Waker, and probably Pikmin. If Nintendo wants Pikmin to be a really big seller, and the series traditionally is not, then it would make a lot of sense for them to demo it out this week, two months in advance of the release date.

Nintendo seems to be making a HUGE deal out of these demos, "E3 for the people", so I don't think that image with Luigi U is real. One of the most obvious signs of it being a fake is that the Pikmin logo is in a different aspect ratio than the other three logos, and the 3 is still pink, even though Nintendo altered it to bright orange months ago, for all of Pikmin 3's promo materials.

Also keep in mind guys, that they've said they're announcing the Best Buy games after the Direct. Not before. If all of the Best Buy games were already announced, then Nintendo wouldn't have any reason to wait to tell us which games they were.

That is true, and notice how Nintendo won't announce the list until after the Direct, if that is the real list than why wouldn't they just announce it now?

Haines

Banned
Looks fake. Even the Luigi green looks way too dark.

Half of me expected bad demo's even if it turns out to be true, but like people have said, these games are NOT "e3 for the people" at all..

Davey Cakes

bad demos if true
Bad demos and one demo kiosk per store.

This went from being an awesome idea to a neat-but-unexciting one.

Four demos per store playing four of the biggest Fall games would have been amazing. Maybe it was unrealistic to expect that, though.

It's almost unbelievable that New Super Luigi U would be one of the games. I almost want to call fake, because a DLC level set does NOT seem like a good idea for an E3 demo.

DaBoss

This site says one of its sources is claiming that list is real.

UPDATE: One of our sources has confirmed to us that this list is indeed real.

Source

Seems like a really underwhelming poster though. I really doubt that is what they would use a promotional material to get people to try out the demos.

If those demos are true, I might not try to go. I've already played the demo to Pikmin 3 and 101 last year at the Wii U Experience and already know those are day 1 purchases. Luigi is only $29.99 so it's probably day one too (plus, dat green case!). Wind Waker is one of my favorite Zelda games of all time so that's day one as well so there's no reason for me to go, lol

GulAtiCa

Seems decent selection if true. I'll still venture out for Wonderfull 101 most likely.

Wasn't it also rumored that the 4 games were going to be "known", as in already revealed. So if that rumor was correct, then Mario 3D was certainly not going to be upon it.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
That picture is really crappy. Washed out, logos not aligned, old Pikmin and Zelda logos. No Wii U logo on the actual poster, the one below it's obviously added on. Looks very fake for me. Not even a job of an intern.

Damn, rechecked the ones in MI & it went from 4 to 1. Not even gonna bother checking with the one that's about 30 minutes away from me. Maybe we'll get lucky & down the line, they'll be put on the eShop. I mainly just want the W101 demo.

Yeah, I was gonna go to the one in Flint but Rochester Hills is too far for what now looks like a letdown. :/

atomsk

Party Pooper
nobody posted the actual demos in this thread?

MK8
Mario 3D World
Donkey Kong
Wind Waker

I'm waiting on a text message from my friend before I go meet him and head up to the BB in North Jersey. Hoping to get there by 6-ish and not have the line be super long. We'll see

Toparaman

Banned
Not sure if this has been mentioned earlier in this thread, but it has been confirmed via Best Buy's site that each location will only have ONE demo unit playing these four games. Not one demo unit per game - but one demo unit period. Prepare to wait in line...

Oh lord.

Cbajd5

Yeah the line is a bit ridiculous, but there's a sign in clipboard so it doesn't seem as bad. Mario Kart and Mario World are the only ones that have been played so far and both are multiplayer so it's going kind of quickly.

I played Mario Kart 8 and now I'm waiting to play Mario World.

Oh, and the loot is a foam Luigi hat, a Mario Kart chexkered flag, a Year of Luigi medal.

This is ridiculous, they are letting two people at a time and letting them race 3 full races. It's going to be like 10 minutes for every game, they will never finish the line. Plus it seems the Nintendo rep is in charge of what games people play.

Cbajd5

This is ridiculous, they are letting two people at a time and letting them race 3 full races. It's going to be like 10 minutes for every game, they will never finish the line. Plus it seems the Nintendo rep is in charge of what games people play.
Wow, we get to choose what we play here and can only do two races. (And I think that's just so people can try it on the Gamepad and Wii Remote.)

DK only supports the Wii Remote + Nunchuck apparently.

Sanic

Letting us choose our game here, one race/level in the Mario games, and they're giving each player 7 minutes in Dk and Zelda. 60ish people in front of me, gonna be a bit of wait. Mario kart is by far the most popular.

Sushigod7

I just noticed no Orlando on this list? WTF we have one of the largest influx of Tourism in the US they could easily promote it at a BB near Disney those stores are always packed. Instead they choose Gainesville and school is out right now? Genius move Nintendo.

Fandangox

IF IT WERE F-ZERO THOSE RACES WOULD TAKE ONLY 1:30 EACH

NINTENDO DO YOU SEE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE

:c

Sanic

Still waiting. For god knows why, they're starting to take groups as they stand. So we have one guy playin mario kart.

BrhysH

There was a long line at the Brampton Best buy. I didn't play but watched others pick up Mario 3d world and Mario Kart 8.

Mario Kart looks amazing better then anything I've seen in awhile.

Lots of people having fun playing the WiiU, also so a couple systems being sold because of the lines. :)

Top Bottom