• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 demo Best Buy locations revealed [Update: Canada]

Omzz

Got to play Mario Kart 8, looked awesome in motion. Could have played another game but wanted to give other people a chance.

Just waited around to see how the other games looked and they looked great.

Morts

Just watched a few people play DKC and Mario Kart since I wasn't willing to stand in that long-ass line. Donkey Kong looks great as expected but I was surprised by Mario Kart; it looks so smooth and fast! I skipped the Wii one but I'll probably pick this one up for when people are over.

I was disappointed no one played Mario while I was there. Also that I only got two streetpasses despite seeing tons of 3DS's there. They need to be in sleep mode guys!

Himself

And yet again I find myself asking, "What was Nintendo thinking?"

I'm not trying to go wait on a line to play these games.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
In line to play some mk8. The system they have is pretty stupid. There is a sign up sheet and a person has to agree with playing with another person? Shit should be mandatory.

If you come saturday, I recommend going ewrly to secure yourself a spot. i suspect the situation would be way more people.

In retrospect, wish I could have played wind waker.

The best buy is about 12 minutes from me. Wondering if I should go now or Saturday. I was planning on going 7:30 thinking the lines will have died down. Hmm

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Took my daughter today. Took too long to play 2 minutes, but I am absolutely sold on Mario World, Zelda, and Mario Kart. Mario Kart ran so liquidy smooth.

iphys

Oh, and the loot is a foam Luigi hat, a Mario Kart chexkered flag, a Year of Luigi medal.

Did they have many to hand out? Sounds like that might be the main motivation for going since the sole demo station is in such high demand.

Sanic

Did they have many to hand out? Sounds like that might be the main motivation for going since the sole demo station is in such high demand.

My location had like 20 hats and medals. Probably 75ish flags. Not enough of anything to cover everybody.

prag16

Banned
Yeah, if you go Saturday, show up at least 15 minutes before the start time. It was pretty bonkers.
You played the demos? Get your ass to the other forum and post full impressions nao. You also never posted your full E3 thoughts. |stare|

scurker

I actually arrived at the Birmingham store at 3:30, and there was already 7 or so people signed up. By the time my friend and I left, there were probably 30-40 people in line. But they let us play up to 7 minutes whatever we wanted, and you could even combine your time with a friend's to play multiplayer with different games.

I got to play both Mario Kart and Super Mario 3D World. Mario Kart looks fantastic! It's definitely smooth and running at 60 FPS. Didn't seem to be any kind of extreme rubberbanding AI or anything. Coming out of the demos, this is definitely the best game I saw and the one I'm most interested in.

Super Mario 3D World was... well it looked nice. The whole multiplayer aspect is really strange since if a secondary character "falls" they just bubble up and return with no penalty. It was actually really hard to follow with more than one person playing. I'll reserve judgement until later, but it is by no means Mario Galaxy.

Didn't get to play Wind Waker or Donkey Kong, but both looked fantastic and really smooth. Wind Waker was amazing in HD.

As far as stuff that you can get, they had a cheap foam hat, checkered flag, and a Year of Luigi coin. After I saw the coin, I had to go with it. If you want to pick something, show up early on Saturday.

6RjtCla.jpg

BCmdkbs.jpg

zroid

Banned
apologies for crappy 3DS cam photo, all I got at the moment :p

hni_0074_mpouwzf0.jpg

Hat is just foam, but it's nice anyway. I was tempted to take the coin, but it's just so tiny that I figured I'd probably end up forgetting about it, and no one would ever see it. At least the hat is striking, even if it's cheap.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
those impressions are killing my body, massacring my soul, stomping my anima, crushing my butt

how, how the hell am i going to wait

atomsk

Party Pooper
Got there at 6, waited an hour and a half to play. Because they were trying to get everyone in, nobody got to play Wind Waker, since it was more efficient to get multiple people playing per game. Like 30 people in front of us when we got there, no more Luigi Swag was left.

Took a few minutes of video, going to try and get that edited and uploaded before I go to bed.

I played Mario 3D World, it was fun but way too chaotic in 4 player.

edit: Nintendo reps also very adamant that for filming/pictures SOMEONE HAS TO BE IN THE FRAME, I zoomed in anyway.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Anyone else go to the Denver one? Thought it was decently organized. Everyone was crowding around the systems to watch and the two reps were just calling out the next to play. Doesn't seem like there were as many people as at other ones. Only one interactive hurts though. Can't imagine it's not going to be worse for people trying on Saturday.

Got there at 6, waited an hour and a half to play. Because they were trying to get everyone in, nobody got to play Wind Waker, since it was more efficient to get multiple people playing per game. Like 30 people in front of us when we got there, no more Luigi Swag was left.

Took a few minutes of video, going to try and get that edited and uploaded before I go to bed.

I played Mario 3D World, it was fun but way too chaotic in 4 player.

edit: Nintendo reps also very adamant that for filming/pictures SOMEONE HAS TO BE IN THE FRAME, I zoomed in anyway.

Why would anyone wait in line that long to play a HD remake of an old game. Don't get me wrong, Wind Waker is my 2nd favorite Zelda game and I'm psyched for it, but why wait in that line and not play something new.

Damian.

Banned
Bullshit. I got to the Knoxville location at 6 and was informed that they had to cancel due to "network issues". An hour and a half of driving wasted. Oh well, it sounds like it wasn't that great to begin with. Still sucks, should have called on my way up there and not just earlier in the day when they thought it would still take place.

Ondore

I got to the Dartmouth location 20 minutes early and didn't get to play until about 20 after 2. After the group I was with finished, they activated speed run mode (only one race in Mario Kart, for instance).

If you want the most "bang for your buck" you are best of playing DKCTF because the other games are kinda short. Mario Kart is only 2 laps. I wish I knew that before I signed up.

massoluk

Banned
Bahaha.In the line right now at Nintendo world store.

Feel like I'm in hostile territory right now with me playing Puzzle and Dragon on my cell while everyone in the line is playing Animal Crossing.

Just got back from the Flint location. Arrived about 5 mintues to 1 and there were maybe 15 people in line ahead of me.

The rep was pretty knowledgeable but she wasn't giving out Luigi coins unless you said "yes" when she asked if you had a Wii U so that they would only go to "Nintendo fans."
I said I did and got the coin. It's a pretty nice metal thing. Cooler than the hats and flags, anyway.

I played Mario Kart 8. It was pretty nice and I got to see all the other games played at least.

No Animal Crossing tags, though, which was a bummer.

Haines

Banned
I sure lucked out at my London Ontario location on wed. Signed up and hung out with a crowd of maybe 15 people that changed every little bit and watched lots and played lots. got enough didnt even bother with today.

i think nintendo is just using the internet to get the demos to these stores, they could keep doing these with a new rotation of games each time?

Top Bottom