• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Roto13

This is the final page of this thread, isn't it?

What will we call the next one? "Yours for only 99.99.99"? (If you don't get the reference then it's not a good title.)

i-Jest

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70's show.

Show's potential.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: Deal me up Scotty.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: Take this price and shove it! I ain't buying here no more!

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: Reaching Parody. (insert value) cents on the dollar. It's a long wait.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: Water water everywhere, and not a drop to drink.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't mind the retailers upping the price, because they already make no money on games anyway. Sony upping the price for the sake of it is kind of terrible though. I guess Sony Canada is as beholden to the retailers as much as Sony America.

I guess it stops funking things like Americans making Canadian accounts and taking advantage of our shitty dollar though.

I don't mind the retailers upping the price, because they already make no money on games anyway. Sony upping the price for the sake of it is kind of terrible though. I guess Sony Canada is as beholden to the retailers as much as Sony America.

I guess it stops funking things like Americans making Canadian accounts and taking advantage of our shitty dollar though.

I explained how it works earlier in the thread... it's not the retailers but the suppliers (who are the ones that take the risk on the currency exchange) who are upping the price.

BTW, Titanfall will easily be the best selling Xbox One game based on the numbers I'm seeing :)

I explained how it works earlier in the thread... it's not the retailers but the suppliers (who are the ones that take the risk on the currency exchange) who are upping the price.

BTW, Titanfall will easily be the best selling Xbox One game based on the numbers I'm seeing :)

Of course it should be. Should be surprised if we see attach rate up to 30-40%.

However, what intrigued me is the fact that is is an online only game and how many average people would buy the game unknowingly? Lets face it, not everyone who buys the game checks if it has a story mode, cuz that pretty much is the industry norm at retail and we only see games without multuplayer. In this case its the opposite.

farisr

Of course it should be. Should be surprised if we see attach rate up to 30-40%.

However, what intrigued me is the fact that is is an online only game and how many average people would buy the game unknowingly? Lets face it, not everyone who buys the game checks if it has a story mode, cuz that pretty much is the industry norm at retail and we only see games without multuplayer. In this case its the opposite.

Already had a few friends go "wtf, not buying at full price" when I broke the no-story mode news to them. And these are guys who play mainly multiplayer and only touch story mode once.

Already had a few friends go "wtf, not buying at full price" when I broke the no-story mode news to them. And these are guys who play mainly multiplayer and only touch story mode once.

Yeah but there wouldn't be a lot of people who will be aware of the fact that it is a "multiplayet only" game. Similar thing happened with Halo Wars back in 2009 when people bought it thinking its another shooter.

On another note, Titan fall is the first game that is being shipped to me from he list of my E3 pre-orders last year after the price hike. Is FutureShop honoring the $40 price I pre-ordered at?

Luigi87

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: Highway ROBbery prices that we can't afFORD

But I jest.

I just pre-ordered Deception IV for Vita, and ugh, the sting. First game I've ordered at an increased price, but it's not a game I want to miss out on the physical copy of...

farisr

Yeah but there wouldn't be a lot of people who will be aware of the fact that it is a "multiplayet only" game. Similar thing happened with Halo Wars back in 2009 when people bought it thinking its another shooter.

On another note, Titan fall is the first game that is being shipped to me from he list of my E3 pre-orders last year after the price hike. Is FutureShop honoring the $40 price I pre-ordered at?

Yeah I know. These guys that didn't know about the no-single player thing, are more knowledgable than the average gamer and yet they still didn't know. It's going to be a shock for many people.

Also, yes, FS will definitely honor it. Even if the price of the game went up to $100, they would still give it to you at $40.

Anyways, for me, the first game that ships at $40 (after the hike) is going to be inFAMOUS Second Son.

frequency

I will never buy a game for $69.99 + tax. That's too damn much, sorry.

Even $59.99 + tax is pushing it, which is why I pre-ordered basically the entire generation during E3.

If Future Shop drops the E3 33% off deal and starts charging $65 or $70 for games, they can go straight to hell. I'll be playing games on PC or on my Super Nintendo.

I don't know why $59 -> $69 feels like such a big jump to me... but it feels like such a big jump to me!

It feels like a big jump to me because $59.99 + tax was already making the hobby too expensive for me to take too seriously. $69.99 + tax, no way. I'll just do other things with my time.

I will never buy a game for $69.99 + tax. That's too damn much, sorry.

Even $59.99 + tax is pushing it, which is why I pre-ordered basically the entire generation during E3.

If Future Shop drops the E3 33% off deal and starts charging $65 or $70 for games, they can go straight to hell. I'll be playing games on PC or on my Super Nintendo.

I don't know why $59 -> $69 feels like such a big jump to me... but it feels like such a big jump to me!

It's because with tax, it basically means I'm buying a meal with every game now. Ax extra $11-12 dollars is a lot of fucking money.

Spudzspot

Neo Member
Picked up a 3DS XL from Costco in BC (Abbotsford) for $149.97. It is the Mario & Luigi Edition (Looks like they are silk screened onto the silver cover) and comes with Mario & Luigi: Dream Team on a 4 GB SD card.

I thought it was a good price and I love how easy it is to return stuff to Costco.

krae_man

Rdr4Hvh.jpg
BxtZNBy.gif

9FOp5Vw.jpg
MyUNQM4.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yes, I know, and retailers are passing on the cost which makes sense.

I still don't know how FS can afford to have lost money on all those E3 deals, for instance. lol

krae_man

Yes, I know, and retailers are passing on the cost which makes sense.

I still don't know how FS can afford to have lost money on all those E3 deals, for instance. lol

They must have worked out a deal with all the publishers. No way they are selling all those games for less then cost and mailing them out on top.

why is canada post keep delivering my stuff without any1 signing for it, they just drop it off and leave not checking if any1 is home. Came home today and southpark just sitting there in a big box. Even worse they did this with my moms surface tablet, we were gone for the weekend and came home late sunday and it was there. didn't even realized they shipped during weekends, although it was winter break maybe that's why.

MesH

I don't know what the big deal is about titanfall being multiplayer only, game is shipping with 15 maps......that is crazy and will offer hours of gameplay over any single player game. I love a good single player adventure, but call of duty and bf single players are passable at best, haven't even loaded the single player campaign since modern warfare 2 those games should be multiplayer only and titanfall will ship with twice as many maps as those games. Hell 2 maps and one titan in the beta and I couldn't put it down, money well spent as far as I am concerned.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know what the big deal is about titanfall being multiplayer only, game is shipping with 15 maps......that is crazy and will offer hours of gameplay over any single player game. I love a good single player adventure, but call of duty and bf single players are passable at best, haven't even loaded the single player campaign since modern warfare 2 those games should be multiplayer only and titanfall will ship with twice as many maps as those games. Hell 2 maps and one titan in the beta and I couldn't put it down, money well spent as far as I am concerned.

Yeah I haven't touched a second of the single player in the last three Call of Duty games I bought.

amrod

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: Waiting for FS orders to ship
Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: FS orders never ship on time

Grrr charged Credit card Monday, southpark still didnt ship

Yeah I haven't touched a second of the single player in the last three Call of Duty games I bought.

I agree with you guys and believe me, I'm level 50/60 on Ghosts on the PS4 and haven't started the campaign yet.

My point is, people would buy the game without the knowledge of the game is online only. To be honest, if they don't put it on the boxart it is online only, it kinda is misleading. I'm aware of the fact that it is online only and I for one will get hours worth of my entertainment but that won't be the case for everyone else.

I've got friends who play strictly single player and they buy games like Call Of Duty and Battlefield for their campaigns. At the same time, they are the same ones who don't browse forums and such, I don't know if it relates to anything but I just wanted to share my opinion.

Lothars

The thing is and I keep repeating myself is that we don't know if it is releasing with the 15 maps or exactly what.

There's so much unknown about the game from the months of respawn and EA that we don't know if the leaks are accurate or if some of the maps are not part of the inital release.

The thing is and I keep repeating myself is that we don't know if it is releasing with the 15 maps or exactly what.

There's so much unknown about the game from the months of respawn and EA that we don't know if the leaks are accurate or if some of the maps are not part of the inital release.

Isn't there a list of all the maps in the Titanfall OT?

Haines

Banned

for 60 bucks mp only, you better believe it will have 15 maps

balohna

I remember buying UT2004 for $40 with a bundled headset and getting like 100+ maps.

Most were recycled from previous UT games, but still.

Top Bottom