• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Lexxism

Does shop.ca charge when shipping?

How easy is it to cancel with them?

Yes.

I'm not quite sure if you can cancel your order from their site like FS/BB but if you need to contact their customer support to cancel then it's not worth it. Their CS is so damn awful that a lot of people here were cursing them.

Yes.

I'm not quite sure if you can cancel your order from their site like FS/BB but if you need to contact their customer support to cancel then it's not worth it. Their CS is so damn awful that a lot of people here were cursing them.

Welp. I'm not sure if I want the game. Not a huge Infamous fan but it does look beautiful so I ordered it at $49.99 anyway. If I change my mind I will just sell it to a gaffer for $55.

zroid

Banned
Has Infamous:SS being $69.99 on PSN been discussed?

hahaha ooooh boy

hate to say I saw it coming from miles away, but...

So, how does everyone feel about a pillow deal?

Been meaning to try a new one for a while and I saw that these Malouf 100% Talalay Latex Zoned Pillows for $30 all-in but only for size Queen, high loft and plush. There are 8 remaining as of this posting and it's the lowest price I've seen since tracking it last year (when I saw it on RFD for $50). A lot of positive reviews on Amazon.ca/com but what do I know about pillows?

In this era of $70 games, I welcome any and every pillow deal we can muster. They're great for crying into.

L3E2

So, how does everyone feel about a pillow deal?

Been meaning to try a new one for a while and I saw that these Malouf 100% Talalay Latex Zoned Pillows for $30 all-in but only for size Queen, high loft and plush. There are 8 remaining as of this posting and it's the lowest price I've seen since tracking it last year (when I saw it on RFD for $50). A lot of positive reviews on Amazon.ca/com but what do I know about pillows?

Wow $90 off!?! That is ridiculous, I just bought one. Thank you for the heads up!

I bought a memory foam pillow off amazon on boxing day for $20 but it's really small and too firm for my liking. Really hoping this pillow helps me sleep better.

Cudder

69.99 is bullshit. I wouldn't even be getting the game if it weren't for a gift card I have that's gonna soften the blow.

Anth0ny

I will never buy a game for $69.99 + tax. That's too damn much, sorry.

Even $59.99 + tax is pushing it, which is why I pre-ordered basically the entire generation during E3.

If Future Shop drops the E3 33% off deal and starts charging $65 or $70 for games, they can go straight to hell. I'll be playing games on PC or on my Super Nintendo.

I don't know why $59 -> $69 feels like such a big jump to me... but it feels like such a big jump to me!

This isn't exactly a deal, per se, bt it's a policy I think people might want to know about. EB Games has a policy where, if you're an Edge Card member (which is free), you have a certain amount of time to do a one time exchange on a game you purchased, no questions asked. The time varies between three-seven days, depending on what kind of Edge Card you have. So if you bought Castlevania, didn't like it (or beat it), you'd have three days to exchange it towards something else. This can only be done once per purchase.

In case you guys need a hint as to why this is an awesome deal: Ground Zeroes.

I've never heard of this policy. I see why they dint advertise it.

xclaw

No more days ones here either. 70$ is to much for what we get for games these days.

I'll be funding more and more "Indie" games until the AAA "GOTY" editions are in the bin for 20$ a pop.

Sora_N

I will never buy a game for $69.99 + tax. That's too damn much, sorry.

Even $59.99 + tax is pushing it, which is why I pre-ordered basically the entire generation during E3.

If Future Shop drops the E3 33% off deal and starts charging $65 or $70 for games, they can go straight to hell. I'll be playing games on PC or on my Super Nintendo.

I don't know why $59 -> $69 feels like such a big jump to me... but it feels like such a big jump to me!

Because we used to pay 69.99 or more for games, and finally for a long time we had a stable price of 59.99. Even I paid 59.99 for a few games over the years, but now I also refuse to pay 69.99 for a single game. There's always sales (but sales have been slow as hell for the past 4-5 months for physical/retail stuff) so I can wait.

EB, for example, can go to hell for raising DW8 to 69.99. I'll wait until they discount it in 3 months.

Bambino, post if you're okay XD

hey guys it might be a one time thing you know.

Hey, are you talking to me? :)

VGP said they aren't going to increase the prices so we can always PM them.

Honestly if they are the only store to keep the $59.99 price tag I think we should try to support them, using paypal for payment would make it more secure if that's what makes many people stay away from them!

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I noticed that The Source has $30 off of all models of the 3DS XL, including the Mario & Luigi Dream Team bundle. $169.99 isn't too bad for that!

Cheers, folks.

Returners

Because we used to pay 69.99 or more for games, and finally for a long time we had a stable price of 59.99. Even I paid 59.99 for a few games over the years, but now I also refuse to pay 69.99 for a single game. There's always sales (but sales have been slow as hell for the past 4-5 months for physical/retail stuff) so I can wait.

EB, for example, can go to hell for raising DW8 to 69.99. I'll wait until they discount it in 3 months.

I don't know what to think of DW8. Seems like Best Buy and Futureshop hasn't even put it in their system yet.

Right now it's only VGP and EBgames.

FS/BB don't price match pre-orders. Just wait for it to release and price match but they will add the 2.99 shipping on top of it.

Also, can't you tell bestbuy that VGP has retail stores so they can F off with the shipping charges?

Pissed at Sony.... WTFFFFFF.

QaaQer

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I noticed that The Source has $30 off of all models of the 3DS XL, including the Mario & Luigi Dream Team bundle. $169.99 isn't too bad for that!

Cheers, folks.

Thx. Been looking for another xl ever since my wife turned my first one into her's.

Jagxyz

Ugh, was holding out on getting Infamous from FS, then they raised the price, next I decide to get it on amazon, they raise the price, finally I decide I'll preorder on PSN... and now this.

$49.99 from Shop.ca is the best that it's probably gonna get, no more waiting.

How's their release date shipping?

Sora_N

I don't know what to think of DW8. Seems like Best Buy and Futureshop hasn't even put it in their system yet.

Right now it's only VGP and EBgames.

Also, can't you tell bestbuy that VGP has retail stores so they can F off with the shipping charges?

Yeah I know, but EB will drop the price in a few months or I will just buy on PSN in a few months. Not in a rush to play it, I'm not even done with DW8 on PS3 yet. It's just that it's the only game I want for PS4 right now.

Ugh, was holding out on getting Infamous from FS, then they raised the price, next I decide to get it on amazon, they raise the price, finally I decide I'll preorder on PSN... and now this.

$49.99 from Shop.ca is the best that it's probably gonna get, no more waiting.

How's their release date shipping?

How douchey would it be to buy the game from fs/bb if I don't get my shop.ca order on release day then return the shop.ca game back to fs/bb if it ends up coming several days late?

Gxgear

How douchey would it be to buy the game from fs/bb if I don't get my shop.ca order on release day then return the shop.ca game back to fs/bb if it ends up coming several days late?

Not that much, but I've heard people receiving resealed games from shop.ca so do it at your own risk.

Lexxism

Sorry, I haven't tried that yet since most of the time I got away with shipping fee charges.

I guess all of the people here are douche since that's we always do here if we won't get the order on release date.

Also another saving opportunity with shop.ca is buying the Infamous SS+ $50 PSN card bundle for $109.99 which qualifies you to get $15 off with a new account plus the coupon for another $10 off, should come down to $84.99 before tax!

At least they aren't charging tax on PSN. At least not as of today.

I have been dead set on buying Titanfall digitally on my Xbone so I hope they don't decide to jack up the price to $69.99 on release day. I think that game has been safe of the price raise thus far.

Ryne

My South Park Grand Wizard Edition has gone missing.

The post man drop shipped the item on my mom's porch when he wasn't supposed to (it says do not drop ship). No one was home, I don't know why he did that.

My mom and sis came home later, and he came back around to deliver stuff for her, and he asked if she got the other package, which of course she didn't. I got his name and employee number and complained to the supervisor, but I don't think that will go anywhere. I also told BB - I hope I at least get my money back because I am out of an item, the PS3 version.

ohlawd

I just did it earlier with my 2nd copy of Tropical Freeze.

I'll be doing the return trick for pretty much every game. I wonder if it'll get to the point where I'm blacklisted for returning too much.

Returners

I just did it earlier with my 2nd copy of Tropical Freeze.

I'll be doing the return trick for pretty much every game. I wonder if it'll get to the point where I'm blacklisted for returning too much.

I don't think so. Not from BB and FS anyways. My local BB always knows me to return sealed games and they're always cool with it.

EB though, idk.

i-Jest

Has Infamous:SS being $69.99 on PSN been discussed?

Did Sony up the price too? lol

No fucking way....they upped the price today??? I pre-ordered it yesterday! hahahahaha

Hah. Even PSN is joining the fun. Looks like I'll probably go with shop.ca since I can get it for 49.99.

I'm not surprised. It's their own digital store. They will charge whatever they see fit. It's just another reason to dread an all digital future.

My South Park Grand Wizard Edition has gone missing.

The post man drop shipped the item on my mom's porch when he wasn't supposed to (it says do not drop ship). No one was home, I don't know why he did that.

My mom and sis came home later, and he came back around to deliver stuff for her, and he asked if she got the other package, which of course she didn't. I got his name and employee number and complained to the supervisor, but I don't think that will go anywhere. I also told BB - I hope I at least get my money back because I am out of an item, the PS3 version.

Well fuck. I'm sorry to hear that man.

krae_man

LOL $70 for digital.

I wonder if Infamous will get a 25% attach rate and Sony will think "hey $70 works" without factoring in how many people locked in at old prices.

Roto13

Well, looks like I'm waiting a while to buy a PS4. No point in buying one now if the only game I want to play is $70. I don't pay $70 for games.

Has Game Centre in Toronto raised their prices?

Luigi87

Welp, I'm definitely not buying Second Son for the time being.
I've got plenty to keep me entertained until that price drops...

Sora_N

Was this announced? Yoshi 3DS XL...

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...fc411d1a579a515687520ccen02&SearchPageIndex=1

10246624.jpg

EDIT: Yeah it was today lol.

Top Bottom