• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Megasoum

Banned
I would just go to the page and buy. It will tell you that it's insufficient, and you'll have the option to top off your wallet at the price you're buying.

That's what I did originaly but there was no Paypal option when doing that, only CC.

Now, I would love to use my CC instead of going through Paypal everytime but for some reason Sony never accepted my CC.... Everytime I tried since 2007 it just won't go through. I tried every possible ways to write my address, lower case, upper case, etc etc, it just won't go through.

Paypal works well enough, not the end of the world.

jzbluz

I found out something interesting when I was in ebgames today. Apparently Sony is stopping production on 32GB memory for vita, which is going to be replaced with the 64GB one. It seems a bit weird since I don't believe that has happened in Japan yet. The guy I talked to seemed to think that the new memory card will come out at the same time as the new model in April.

I found out something interesting when I was in ebgames today. Apparently Sony is stopping production on 32GB memory for vita, which is going to be replaced with the 64GB one. It seems a bit weird since I don't believe that has happened in Japan yet. The guy I talked to seemed to think that the new memory card will come out at the same time as the new model in April.

That makes sense. Keep producing the useless 4GB cards but dump the actually-reasonable 32GB ones. Yup. Fucking Sony.

Or maybe they're just setting the stage for the healthy used 32GB card market when people like me decide to upgrade to 64GB.

Gamejunky

Haven't ordered from BestBuy in awhile just wondering how good they are about getting you orders on release day. Have stick of truth ordered and don't see it's shipped yet.

jzbluz

That makes sense. Keep producing the useless 4GB cards but dump the actually-reasonable 32GB ones. Yup. Fucking Sony.

Or maybe they're just setting the stage for the healthy used 32GB card market when people like me decide to upgrade to 64GB.

I thought they had stopped producing the 4GB one. They were in clearance in BB/FS a few weeks back and not many stores are carrying them nowadays. I just don't get it.

Vamphuntr

I'm not in the west but still don't have a shipping notice. Haven't even been charged which is annoying. Not sure what the point of a preorder is when I won't even get the item on release :(

FS is like that. There doesn't seem to be any priority in which orders are shipped. I bought it at the last minute when the LE was the same price as the regular edition and they shipped mine Sunday.

i-Jest

YYYIIISSSS! Shipping GAF. South Park edition. My notice hasn't arrived yet either. I'm in no hurry to have it; I'm not fiending for the game. Seeing as how it's coming from future shop, I'm not expecting release day delivery. The discount is worth the wait.

I thought they had stopped producing the 4GB one. They were in clearance in BB/FS a few weeks back and not many stores are carrying them nowadays. I just don't get it.

Oh? Then I take it back. 8GB as the minimum still isn't great, but at least you can fit more than two or three games on it.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
My 3DS SD card is full thanks to the free Pokemon promo... Any dirt cheap SD card somewhere? 8 or 16 gb would be enough...

Sora_N

Lol EB changed the price of DW8XL from 64.99 to 69.99. I guess I'm not gonna buy the game until there's a sale, FS and BB still haven't listed the game on their site.

i-Jest

Shipping kinda kills the deal, no?

I've never ordered from there online store before. Let me take a look.

EDIT:

If shipping expedited it comes to $33.90 (16GB). With ground shipping it comes to $22.60 (16GB). That's not so bad I suppose. I've rarely bought SD cards so I'm not sure if those prices are deal breakers.

MarkusRJR

My 3DS SD card is full thanks to the free Pokemon promo... Any dirt cheap SD card somewhere? 8 or 16 gb would be enough...
Random question: Does the free Pokémon promo give you a code or does it just tie it to your account? I have enough to qualify but I wanna give the game to a friend (I already own both versions).

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Random question: Does the free Pokémon promo give you a code or does it just tie it to your account? I have enough to qualify but I wanna give the game to a friend (I already own both versions).
Ask in the Club Nintendo thread to make sure but in the past it was just a code.

Lexxism

It is a code. I remember people were selling it for like $25.

MesH

Still no shipping notification for South Park, if it doesn't ship by the time I am done work just gonna go digital off PSN. Might do it anyway and just return it to fs, even if it ships today at this rate I will have titanfall in hand before this, I want to play now lol.

Still no shipping notification for South Park, if it doesn't ship by the time I am done work just gonna go digital off PSN. Might do it anyway and just return it to fs, even if it ships today at this rate I will have titanfall in hand before this, I want to play now lol.

If you want a retail copy, just go buy a copy at whatever retail store you bought it online and return the other copy you get in mail. Still the same, as far as I know and I don't see anything wrong with it.

Or like you said, you can just go digital.

MesH

If you want a retail copy, just go buy a copy at whatever retail store you bought it online and return the other copy you get in mail. Still the same, as far as I know and I don't see anything wrong with it.

Or like you said, you can just go digital.
It was the wizard edition, and everywhere in local Edmonton seems to be sold out.

This isn't exactly a deal, per se, bt it's a policy I think people might want to know about. EB Games has a policy where, if you're an Edge Card member (which is free), you have a certain amount of time to do a one time exchange on a game you purchased, no questions asked. The time varies between three-seven days, depending on what kind of Edge Card you have. So if you bought Castlevania, didn't like it (or beat it), you'd have three days to exchange it towards something else. This can only be done once per purchase.

In case you guys need a hint as to why this is an awesome deal: Ground Zeroes.

kennah

Why did RAM prices go up? Did another factory catch fire or get flooded or something?
International purchases are usually done in usd/supply is dwindling ahead of ddr4 being introduced.

Not a good time for RAM. Price never ended up recovering from that fire. Wish Id bought a few sets that day like I though to before it went up.

Hanzou

International purchases are usually done in usd/supply is dwindling ahead of ddr4 being introduced.

Not a good time for RAM. Price never ended up recovering from that fire. Wish Id bought a few sets that day like I though to before it went up.
Tell me about it. Was going to buy 8gb for $20 after rebate at the end of 2012. Now 8gb is $70.

Top Bottom