• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

zroid

Banned
Next round of victims of Nintendo game price hikes...

Kirby Triple Deluxe is $39.99 ($34.99 US)
Mario Golf World Tour is $34.99 ($29.99 on amazon.com, $34.99 on gamestop.com)
Disney Magical World is $34.99 ($29.99 on amazon.com, $34.99 on gamestop.com)

Yawnier

Banned

Oh shit Kirby 3DS is releasing soon, I should tell my sister she absolutely loves that series.

isny

napkin dispenser
Wonderful 101 is $34.xx clearance at Loblaws/RCSS for those who missed getting a copy at EB. They also have official Wii-U cradles for half price on clearance ($6.xx)

All YMMV of course.

Vamphuntr

FS sent me a shipping confirmation for South Park. Do they often ship stuff on a Sunday? I buy stuff often from them and it never happened to me before. At least getting the LE for cheap was nice.

MesH

FS sent me a shipping confirmation for South Park. Do they often ship stuff on a Sunday? I buy stuff often from them and it never happened to me before. At least getting the LE for cheap was nice.

Still waiting on mine from FS, I hope tomorrow.

Joeku

Whoops, my Xbox Live Gold just expired. Perfect timing that is, weeks before Dark Souls II. I have gone whole-hog into PS4 so I guess I don't need to look for another year. Think it's more cost-effective to just buy a month or does anywhere have old three- or six-month cards still hanging around for cheap?

Gxgear

Whoops, my Xbox Live Gold just expired. Perfect timing that is, weeks before Dark Souls II. I have gone whole-hog into PS4 so I guess I don't need to look for another year. Think it's more cost-effective to just buy a month or does anywhere have old three- or six-month cards still hanging around for cheap?

1-year subs if possible.

Zing

Banned

I hope these retailers realize that instead of getting my $30 at the normal price, they are getting $0.

I guess I'll wait months/years and buy used.

kasane

gotta find somewhere to rant

calling air canada customer service and i have been on hold for almost 1 hour

what the fuck

Nice that first party 3ds games are starting to be priced lower, at least in the US.

gotta find somewhere to rant

calling air canada customer service and i have been on hold for almost 1 hour

what the fuck

My rant: My friend's car broke down and I called CAA or AMA to help us, they left me on hold for like half an hour while it's -37 degrees :( They didn't come after all and we had to get another friend to help, and yes I pay an annual membership for nothing!

hope this makes you less upset lol

kasane

My rant: My friend's car broke down and I called CAA or AMA to help us, they left me on hold for like half an hour while it's -37 degrees :( They didn't come after all and we had to get another friend to help, and yes I pay an annual membership for nothing!

hope this makes you less upset lol

Thats just plain horrible

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Did Nintendo already notice the $45 price point for 3DS games was a bad idea? I see the new Layton is already $40, at least at Futureshop and Amazon!

Kijiji is prominent here in Calgary, it's probably the only way to sell anything locally, Craigslist is almost dead here!

Complete opposite in Greater Vancouver. Craigslist is the way to go around these parts. Kijiji has a fraction of the activity. Surprising there's such a difference - wonder why.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
This thread has gotten pretty depressing since the price hikes.

Harper pls

big_z

Yeah unfortunately the demand for them has caused a ridiculous secondary market.

People are making 100% profits on these cameras online. Crazy.

that's a third party amazon seller. theres always one or two that keep prices crazy high for desperate people. the ps4 camera is not hard to find, walmart seems to have them in stock most of the time.

Megasoum

Banned
God dammit the price hike is pissing me off.... I saw the thread about the Destiny beta codes being sent out and realized I had not pre-ordered it yet. No idea why since I've known since day one that I would buy that game... Now it's 69$ at both FS and EB.....

I see that it's still 60$ on Amazon but I hate ordering games online. The only thing we can be sure of about Canada Post is that they will do a terrible job when you really need them.

i-Jest

Alright. I'm going to resurrect shipping GAF (forgive me GAF gods). So who's received a shipping notice for South Park Stick of Truth?

Mikey Jr.

I hope these retailers realize that instead of getting my $30 at the normal price, they are getting $0.

I guess I'll wait months/years and buy used.

Essentially this.

My first move was buying infamous off of psn rather than fs.

I get it. Stores aren't making as much profit. But if I have alternatives, I'm going to take them. Sorry.

Megasoum

Banned
Essentially this.

My first move was buying infamous off of psn rather than fs.

I get it. Stores aren't making as much profit. But if I have alternatives, I'm going to take them. Sorry.

So are PSN pre-orders still at 60$ generally? I checked for Destiny but doesn't look like we can pre-order right now.

Megasoum

Banned
i also buying infamous off psn. screw paying $70 +tax for games

I'm tempted to cancel my FS pre-order (it's still at 60$) and go digital instead... I don't really want to keep discs around and swapping them and all that...

Yeah I think I'll do that.

Pretty sure I'm gonna get taxed tho since there's always taxes for me on PSN but there's taxes on FS too anyway so doesn't matter.

Edit: Oh looks like there's no taxes for me this time yay... Now wtf, I'm adding funds to my wallet using paypal... I have the choice of adding 5$, 10$, 25$,50$ or... 147.15$? Lol wtf, isn't that a bit random?

Edit2: Oh right, it's because the max you can have in your wallet is 150$ and I already have 2.85.

Megasoum

Banned
Can't you just put in how much you need?

That's what I do so I don't get weird denominations.

Not when I add using Paypal...or haven't seen the option anyway.

Added 50$ and then 10$ and pre-ordered the game without issues. I wish they would put a 60$ option since that's a common price payed on the store.

krae_man

I got a "Unable to charge your card" email for South Park since I preordered it 2 years ago and my card expired. I phoned in to update it and my new card has been charged but no shipping notice yet.

Returners

Not when I add using Paypal...or haven't seen the option anyway.

Added 50$ and then 10$ and pre-ordered the game without issues. I wish they would put a 60$ option since that's a common price payed on the store.

I would just go to the page and buy. It will tell you that it's insufficient, and you'll have the option to top off your wallet at the price you're buying.

Top Bottom