• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Sora_N

has anyone ever done a preorder transfer at ebgames? I paid off one of my games in store and I wanna order it from FS instead.

possible I can just move the money over to another unreleased game?

Go to the store you preordered at and say you want to switch over a preorder.

ohlawd

I believe this is something they allow you to do at any time.

freaking nice, thanks man

went ahead and preordered
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker
Etrian Mystery Dungeon
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX

can't believe they have Atelier Shallie here. got the CE preordered tho. I'll still get the game digitally day one to save myself from taxes.

Preordered Zelda, Splatoon and RE Rev.

I'd take any discount for those Nintendo games since I didn't think I would own a WiiU so soon and didn't preorder during E3.

Anyone know if there's a warranty on HP Streams 7 in Canada?

Should be 1 year.

Preordered Zelda in case it goes up to $70.

Saturday

Haha, no. Going to Home Depot for the time being.

Huh, I'm in the same boat. Well, I haven't left target yet. (Unfortunately?)

One interesting thing (if you live in Alberta/BC) is that some targets are getting stock from Toronto (and maybe quebec? I forget where the distribution centre is exactly.) It's half-amusing to see all these new products on the shelf, like a toy that speaks only in french.

Pre-ordered Operation Abyss from FS.

Sp far BB and FS haven't let me down on day one shipping (which was also free). Gotta change those spending habits though. Took a good look at the list of games and there's a lot of games I wanna play on there, but damn those prices. Gonna get Devil Survivor 2 on 3DS when it drops to $39.99. Yes because that's the point we're out now. Waiting for it to drop to the original 3DS $39.99 price

EDIT: Also gonna cancel Codename Steam. Just don't have the time for it right now. And doing the infamous changing of payment methods on one of my bigger BB E3 pre-order hauls. Hopefully nothing explodes.

ohlawd

been a while since I last preodered a game from ebgames that comes with exclusive DLC

on the day of release, I should receive a new receipt with the code on it, right?

Ryne

Any deals for Wonderful 101? Should have picked it up awhile ago on the cheap, but kept putting it off :/

It's a club nintendo reward (600 coins), so someone might want to sell it for cheap if you ask in the BST thread.

If you don't mind digital of course.

r3n4ud

Chapters sells it for $29.99 but it's sold out online, so your best bet is getting lucky in store.
Crap. Guess I'll keep waiting then.

It's a club nintendo reward (600 coins), so someone might want to sell it for cheap if you ask in the BST thread.

If you don't mind digital of course.

Would really prefer retail, but I may cave go this route. Have an itch to play asap. Thanks for the replies guys.

isny

napkin dispenser
Crap. Guess I'll keep waiting then.

Would really prefer retail, but I may cave go this route. Have an itch to play asap. Thanks for the replies guys.

I have enough coins for an extra digital copy. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

(Maybe) New Deal: Heavy Rain for Free

So amazon has heavy rain on for $4.99 right now, I figured I would try it out at that price. For some reason there was a $4.99 promotion applied at checkout, so I only paid $1.99 shipping. Try it out!

(Maybe) New Deal: Heavy Rain for Free

So amazon has heavy rain on for $4.99 right now, I figured I would try it out at that price. For some reason there was a $4.99 promotion applied at checkout, so I only paid $1.99 shipping. Try it out!

Didn't work for me. Must have been something that you ordered previously that they gave you the promotional credit for.

jzbluz

I use my 3ds/vita in the bus all the time. At first I was kinda embarrassed, especially since my 3ds has cat ears, but now I don't really care.

Sora_N

non-phone mobile gaming lives on!

Yeah I admit it is kind of jarring to see someone with a vita or 3ds in public lol. I felt weird pulling my 3DS out in my school library.

I was surprised to see someone with the new system at all, haven't seen any around due to presumably low stock and do people REALLY care enough to upgrade?

I do bring my OG 3DS with me sometimes but I rarely actually play it, rather sleep on the bus lol.

Whats going on with the wonderful 101 for the wii u, its not listed at FS/BB/ebgames? Checking amazon, sells for around 50~, wonder if I should bite for that much....

mdubs

Banned
Whats going on with the wonderful 101 for the wii u, its not listed at FS/BB/ebgames? Checking amazon, sells for around 50~, wonder if I should bite for that much....

Future Shop and Best Buy are done, they had cleared it out a while back. And yes it is worth it, would pay full price $79.99 for a sequel.

It controls poorly, is overly long and gets repetitive/boring quickly. I wouldn't recommend it unless you find it cheap or decide to rent it.

mdubs

Banned
It controls poorly, is overly long and gets repetitive/boring quickly. I wouldn't recommend it unless you find it cheap or decide to rent it.

It explains itself poorly, but the controls work wonderfully when they come together. How could you possibly think the end of the game was boring?!

It explains itself poorly, but the controls work wonderfully when they come together. How could you possibly think the end of the game was boring?!

I didn't like it a lot from the start, to be honest, but I plugged away at it. Near the end, it just became too dull and I stopped playing.

It was far too long.

So apparently I have to pay 6 bucks to get my Bloodborne pre-order on release day with Amazon? Should I just keep my free shipping and hope for the best?

I'm looking to get rid of NHL 15 (bored of it after lots of play time) and Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (bleh).

Anyone know of any good trade 2 deals that these would qualify for? Or is it just trade 3 around these days?

Daigr

Wow really happy I kept my fs pre-order. will fs let me upgrade my persona 5 preorder to ps4 when that shows up on their site?
Ya same here. I was surprised they put it up since it has been listed for so long now.

Happy with my 39.99 preorder.

Lost my persona 5 preorder though was attached to something I didn't want anymore.

2AdEPT

So apparently I have to pay 6 bucks to get my Bloodborne pre-order on release day with Amazon? Should I just keep my free shipping and hope for the best?

So you can get this service as a Canadian, for whatever reason I thought I tried to get my BB hardcover guide sent on day one and it wouldnt let me? Is it becuase Amazon Canada does nto carry the guide and hence, why I had to go to the US site?

I am hoping EB games Metrotown has another midnight release party like they did for DS2. I ordered my CE editon bloodborne there.

So you can get this service as a Canadian, for whatever reason I thought I tried to get my BB hardcover guide sent on day one and it wouldnt let me? Is it becuase Amazon Canada does nto carry the guide and hence, why I had to go to the US site?

I am hoping EB games Metrotown has another midnight release party like they did for DS2. I ordered my CE editon bloodborne there.

No idea, I hear it's because of a failsafe so you can't say anything against them if the order is not there day one. Never actually ordered with Amazon before (preorders).

I've only ever ore-ordered with future shop so I have no experience with EB or Amazon, but apparently I need to pay for the two-day shipping to get my order Day One.

Idk :S

Megasoum

Banned
So guys... I want to share an experience I had today that FUCKING PISSES ME OFF but whatever...

So I needed a good old Composite cable this afternoon to install an old VCR I gave to my parents (yes...they still watch VHS tapes lol)...

I know I could buy one of those cable for a couple of cents online but I needed it right away so I did a couple of stores (dollard stores, The Source, etc) and none had any in stock.

Futureshop had them but huh.....yeah.....Fuck that shit

Ended up going to a Super Club Videotron (the video stores owned by Videotron where they also sell their own cellphones and DVRs) and asked the dude if he had any.

The guy looks under the counter and pulls one out (just a loose cable, no packaging or anything) and tell me it's gonna be 10$...

I'm like.. Ok... A bit expensive but whatever I really need it. So we go to the cash, he inputs 10$ on the debit card terminal (10$ flat, no taxes obviously) and then pockets 10$ right away from the cash register. The guy is fucking dumb enough to not even wait for me to get out of the store first.

So I tell him "That's an easy 10 bucks huh?" and he replies, on the defensive "No no, it's going to my boss"... Yeah right.

The funny part is that I used to work at a Super Club Videotron 10 or so years ago and used the debit terminal to whitdraw money from my bank account all the time (saves on the fees and the trip to the ATM) so I'm sure the manager is used to seeing the register and Debit card balancing themselves like that.

At the end of the day 10$ is still better than paying 32$ + Tx at FS and I really needed it right away but this is pissing me off right now....ugh

jholmes

So guys... I want to share an experience I had today that FUCKING PISSES ME OFF but whatever...

So I needed a good old Composite cable this afternoon to install an old VCR I gave to my parents (yes...they still watch VHS tapes lol)...

I know I could buy one of those cable for a couple of cents online but I needed it right away so I did a couple of stores (dollard stores, The Source, etc) and none had any in stock.

Futureshop had them but huh.....yeah.....Fuck that shit

Ended up going to a Super Club Videotron (the video stores owned by Videotron where they also sell their own cellphones and DVRs) and asked the dude if he had any.

The guy looks under the counter and pulls one out (just a loose cable, no packaging or anything) and tell me it's gonna be 10$...

I'm like.. Ok... A bit expensive but whatever I really need it. So we go to the cash, he inputs 10$ on the debit card terminal (10$ flat, no taxes obviously) and then pockets 10$ right away from the cash register. The guy is fucking dumb enough to not even wait for me to get out of the store first.

So I tell him "That's an easy 10 bucks huh?" and he replies, on the defensive "No no, it's going to my boss"... Yeah right.

The funny part is that I used to work at a Super Club Videotron 10 or so years ago and used the debit terminal to whitdraw money from my bank account all the time (saves on the fees and the trip to the ATM) so I'm sure the manager is used to seeing the register and Debit card balancing themselves like that.

At the end of the day 10$ is still better than paying 32$ + Tx at FS and I really needed it right away but this is pissing me off right now....ugh

You're saying a Quebecor company is poorly managed? I am shocked I tell you, shocked!

khaaan

Coincidentally, a woman sitting infront of me on the bus this Friday had a n3DS and was playing Pokemon Candy Crush (whatever it's called) and later on, Monster Hunter 4. I was bummed because I usually have my 3DS but have been recently getting through some Vita backlog. A few days before that I was working late and when I was coming home the guy who got on the same stop as me pulled out a laptop and started watching Justice League. I used to be hung up on things like that but started caring less eventually. If it is an overly crowded bus I still get a little self conscious and end up listening to music or watching GiantBomb on my phone.

Top Bottom