• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Rione

Oh man....Battlefront's going to be $79.99?

We're back up to that price for Canadian games? JFC.

To be fair that's a bargain bin game in the not so distance future after its release, at the very least. Not like it's going to stay that high for very long.

khaaan

Hi Plebs,

Just wanted to let you all know that you're in the presence of the 16th highest scoring player in Just Dance 2015 for some song in the Canadian leader boards, for this week. Try not to be too jelly.

Hi Plebs,

Just wanted to let you all know that you're in the presence of the 16th highest scoring player in Just Dance 2015 for some song in the Canadian weekly leaderboards. Try not to be too jelly.

You mean you're not in the top ten?

You're seriously behind the rest of us. Pick up the pace!

khaaan

I'm sorry, my hips sometime still lie. I have failed as a Canadian.

I just have to wait for people to move on from the game and soon enough I'll be the best in all of Canada.

i-Jest

Off topic but I hope someone can help me. My friend has a Samsung np300e5c and he's missing drivers on his computer. He's missing the Ethernet controller, network controller and PCI simple communication controller. Any idea on where I can find them?

11180241_10153285637612437_1818582564_n.jpg

Jashobeam

amazon.ca updated their Puzzle and Dragons Z 3ds price to $34.99 (was $44.99). I had a preorder during their 10% off promo and it still applies with the new price which is nice.

For the first time since they threw that parcel delivery box in my apartment building. Canada Post finally decided to use it and put my package inside it while I was at work.

And it was for fucking lightbulbs amongst all other things.

Also Nintendo never sent me my Mewtwo code for Smash Bros. Thanks Nintendo.

Costco has Battlefield Hardline for $40. Is it worth it for that price?

From my time with the trial it seems like a good game, lots of people speak highly of the campaign too.

Game will end up on EA Access in 5-6 months anyways though if you have an Xbox One. Might be worth waiting for.

Madness

From my time with the trial it seems like a good game, lots of people speak highly of the campaign too.

Game will end up on EA Access in 5-6 months anyways though if you have an Xbox One. Might be worth waiting for.

But by then, most will have moved onto Battlefront most likely. Checking BFH stats right now, there is like 27k players Xbone and 35k players PS4 every 24h, so the population is still decent enough to get matches.

If you're a Battlefield fan, I don't see it getting cheaper for Canadians any time soon, maybe you'll see it cheaper in the US. Campaign isn't anything to write home about either so MP is pretty much the main draw.

Ondore

For the first time since they threw that parcel delivery box in my apartment building. Canada Post finally decided to use it and put my package inside it while I was at work.

And it was for fucking lightbulbs amongst all other things.

Also Nintendo never sent me my Mewtwo code for Smash Bros. Thanks Nintendo.

800-255-3700. Call them.

Quick

Banned
I was in the PS4 beta and it was pretty fun. I was set on picking it up on day one, but the reviews I've read didn't sit with me well enough, so I figure I'd hold off.

I might have to think about it some more.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
amazon.ca updated their Puzzle and Dragons Z 3ds price to $34.99 (was $44.99). I had a preorder during their 10% off promo and it still applies with the new price which is nice.
Son of a bitch! Had I known I would've preordered. :(

curb

Banned
I was expecting a package from Amazon today. Canada Post says it was delivered five hours ago and no package to be seen anywhere. I'm giving them tomorrow to deliver it. I'm sure someone here must have dealt with this before. If it doesn't show up, is the first course of action to go to Canada Post or Amazon?

etta

my hard graphic balls
I posted this in the Buy Sell Trade as well, any of you guys got a new PS4 that you got as a gift or bought during a sale, and want to sell it? I am in Mississauga.

DaBoss

Canadian gaming deal thread where we fix PC drivers issue by sending people to Africa.

(Did you just google the driver?)
lol wow, didn't realize the link lead to the African version. I did use Google to search for the PC support site, but it didn't ask me for a region.

This is the Canadian link: http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/model/NP300E5C-A06CA

Comparing the links, they all seem to lead to the same files, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

nguyeken

Neo Member
Off topic but I hope someone can help me. My friend has a Samsung np300e5c and he's missing drivers on his computer. He's missing the Ethernet controller, network controller and PCI simple communication controller. Any idea on where I can find them?

He should also upgrade to a 64 Bit Operating System in order to utilize that full 8gb.

My Wii U isn't even plugged in. My friends have Wii Us and the same games as me, which we all play locally. The only thing on the horizon for the Wii U I have interest in is tomorrow's MK8 DLC

PS4 is indeed used.

If you don't use your wii u and have no interest in upcoming games besides MK8 DLC then yeah, you should trade it.

I'm really curious on the success rate of shipping light bulbs through Canada Post.
Was it an incredible deal?

They were just $4 light bulbs I randomly found on Amazon. I needed a new pack of them so I went "Sure whatever."

They were shipped in a fairly sturdy cardboard box with Amazon tape all over it. The actual box where the light bulbs were stored in was in some pretty... Questionable shape. Like, it was already opened for some reason.

In any case, the light bulbs themselves were brand new and so far one of them is working just fine

Shaw customers check your email and junk folders. I just got a 40$ off 99$ or more at shop.ca coupon

Shop.ca coupons aren't that great anymore since you can't stack with ebates/GCR (it'll work at first but they'll take it back).

The only remaining deal is to use a PayPal promo with a coupon.

kennah

Shop.ca coupons aren't that great anymore since you can't stack with ebates/GCR (it'll work at first but they'll take it back).

The only remaining deal is to use a PayPal promo with a coupon.
How do I get a PayPal promo? I think I'm going to use this to finally replace my old router.

Top Bottom