• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

espher

DEAL Burger King
Burger-King-Canada-Deals-730x399.png

lil too much sodium imo but dece if you down it with some coke >_>

Price higher in Atlantic Canada wtf is this #BOYCOTTBK

Renewed

Got my N3DSXL ^.^

$37.91 incl tax after senior discount and optimum redemption

Based Shoppers

Like 2 months after release? At least Shoppers put it up.

Then again I'm guilty of getting the $250 Wii U before Optimum points brought it down to about $90...

N° 2048

So my Dual Shock 4's left analog stick is acting wonky. Sometimes my character will go down when I press up. I've tested other controllers and have confirmed that it is the controller itself that is messed up.

Yes, I've dropped it by accident and I think that did it.

I'm pretty sure I broke this:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Analog-Stick...181?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item3f37d315b5

Has anyone had success in fixing a Dual Shock 4 by replacing the part? Soldering is no problem but just curious if anyone else had this issue and might have fixed it.

(I tried to get it repaired by Sony but out of warranty launch controller.)

Ventara

it's been a while since I've gone to BK. I'd get in on that if there was one close to my work.

And seeing how cheap some of you guys get stuff at Shoppers is making me think I should sign up for Optimum whatever it is.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Growing up I preferred Burger King over McDonalds and Wendy's over both. Haven't had Burger King is probably a decade though and maybe once in Canada total? Probably a matter of my fast food intake dropping to almost nothing and Burger King not exactly having too many locations that would even tempt me.

N° 2048

How do the points work?

Is there a value to each point?

This is like Club Z all over again.

All the info is on the website.

http://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/optimum/earn.aspx

What are your points worth?

Points Required Reward Value
8,000 = $ 10
22,000 = $ 30
38,000 = $ 60
50,000 = $ 85
95,000 = $ 170

Different products give you different points. Just read your receipt to see how much you earned and make sure you tell the cashier you have an Optimum Card as sometimes they don't ask :/

I'm currently sitting on 56,000 points. I barely shop at Shoppers and I've had my Optimum since I was 17. I am 25 now.

I also don't see the point in going to the 20x or 50x point days since everything in Shoppers is much more overpriced than grocery stores.

Dreavus

All the info is on the website.

http://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/optimum/earn.aspx

Different products give you different points. Just read your receipt to see how much you earned and make sure you tell the cashier you have an Optimum Card as sometimes they don't ask :/

I'm currently sitting on 56,000 points. I barely shop at Shoppers and I've had my Optimum since I was 17. I am 25 now.

I also don't see the point in going to the 20x or 50x point days since everything in Shoppers is much more overpriced than grocery stores.

Point multipliers are pretty good on "big" electronics purchases, where the MSRP is going to be pretty close in most places. I actually got both my 3DS and WiiU at shoppers during one of those days (two different times). For the Wii U, I spent the points immediately and got another game to go with it, although if you are patient you can wait for those "redeem" days where they are worth more. Their selection isn't amazing but it's been pretty good for Nintendo stuff at least.

N° 2048

Point multipliers are pretty good on "big" electronics purchases, where the MSRP is going to be pretty close in most places. I actually got both my 3DS and WiiU at shoppers during one of those days (two different times). For the Wii U, I spent the points immediately and got another game to go with it, although if you are patient you can wait for those "redeem" days where they are worth more. Their selection isn't amazing but it's been pretty good for Nintendo stuff at least.

My Shoppers never has gaming stuff :(

MrFixIt

I bought both a Wii U and a PS4 from Shoppers. Both times it resulted in enough points to buy 1 full priced game. It was especially sweet because both times were close to launch, so not only did I find the consoles that I couldn't find anywhere else, but they basically came with a free game each.

Also, 20X the points when you buy a full game is pretty sweet. It usually gets you close to the 30$ tier, which makes it one of the best reward cards out there. So far all my experiences buying video games at Shoppers have all been pleasant. Now if only they sold amiibos!

jzbluz

I get a lot of "spend $20 on candy/snacks and get 6000 points" coupons, so it's somewhat easy for me to accumulate points. The best is when a holiday, which is big on chocolate/candy, is over and everything is on sale and you can use the coupon multiple times a week. You can also buy a SDM gift card, which gives you points, and use it to pay for a bus pass and other stuff that normally doesn't give points.

I can't think of anyplace more relevant but anyway.

Why can't there be sales numbers for Canada too? I want charts that I contributed to... :(
Elsewhere I just hear people say to just divide USA sales by a number.

ohlawd

because our country is largely irrelevant by itself?

it's why we get PAL sales threads. because there's a shit load of countries and people in Europe. The USA dwarfs our population. Japan is Japan.

zroid

Banned
Doesn't NPD track sales for both US and Canada? That's been my understanding.

edit: from their website:
Monitor retail sales of PC games and video games hardware, software, and accessories in the US and Canada. The service covers all distribution channels, including online sales. No other market research company offers this level of detail in point-of-sale market information.

ohlawd

yeah, they do

ask the insiders. maybe we never hear Canadian specific numbers because no one actually cares. not enough to ask or hear about them anyway.

1.79 for 10 nuggies was a better deal (RIP)

When did that end? :(

I took advantage of it quite a few times, and decided I needed to take a break from them for a while. I wouldn't mind some again now.

Also, I'm glad I got a DS4 last week, because they're now up in price everywhere which sucks. Still needing to test it, though.

DJ_Lae

1.79 for 10 nuggies was a better deal (RIP)

I would like to say yes, but man are their nuggets awful. I bought 20 of them soon after the sale started and did not pick up any more after that. Even my kids wouldn't eat them.

McDonald's nuggets are grossly overpriced, so when I do buy fast food nuggets I usually stick with Wendy's. 5 for $1.89 isn't as cheap as BK but they're actually edible.

Top Bottom