• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming "Deals" and Discussion Thread 6: Sorry, We Can't Afford a New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLLmAtlc

To me since they put Sept 1 on the MGSV, it could mean that the bundle won't be out till then.

Oh well, I think it's hot enough that it's worth checking out when the Best Buy site updates tonight (midnight PST?)

Parapraxis

These things are never valid for Fri/Sat.

No such stipulation @ Superstore
9rwfBGd.jpg

No such stipulation @ Superstore
9rwfBGd.jpg

That looks exactly like the Admit Ones I got from the Great Cineplex Boxing Day Sale from two years ago. If that's what Loblaws and Superstore are giving out, then they're basically indistinguishable from a normal movie ticket and can be used any day of the week. You will have to pay extra if you want to upgrade to 3D or IMAX, and you can't use them to pay for tickets you order online (you present them at the ticket counter and cash them in for actual tickets) but otherwise I can't think of any significant restrictions. Oh, and you earn Scene points by using them, too, since you're technically buying a movie ticket with that Admit One. So extra bonus!

Parapraxis

That looks exactly like the Admit Ones I got from the Great Cineplex Boxing Day Sale from two years ago. If that's what Loblaws and Superstore are giving out, then they're basically indistinguishable from a normal movie ticket and can be used any day of the week. You will have to pay extra if you want to upgrade to 3D or IMAX, and you can't use them to pay for tickets you order online (you present them at the ticket counter and cash them in for actual tickets) but otherwise I can't think of any significant restrictions.

This is correct, I have a few floating around my house from buying movies etc. They are general admission.

Also, rewards at cineplex have become a little harder to get now, need more points to redeem for tickets. (1500/ticket as opposed to 1000/ticket for general)

This deal is basically spend $6 + tax and get a ticket worth twice as much (and the dial). I'll be buying lots of dial next couple days.

farisr

MGSV Shipped for me as well.

Love the E3 deal making it only cost $56.34!

2ysQ1aJ.png

HALA-LI-LU-LE-LO !!!
D:

still waiting on mine, really hoping it ships today so theres a chance of it arriving tomorrow
3a8ea12f8c.png

took advantage of the e3 deal as well so $56.34 here too!
clears throat...

metalgearprice3rshf.jpg

I'll just let myself out.

Seriously though, so glad amazon had 30% off this time around, ordered a whole bunch and yeah, $56 is a good deal these days. Getting Ratchet for $29 and Street Fighter V for $48 after taxes at launch almost feels like stealing.

Mimosa97

This is correct, I have a few floating around my house from buying movies etc. They are general admission.

Also, rewards at cineplex have become a little harder to get now, need more points to redeem for tickets. (1500/ticket as opposed to 1000/ticket for general)

This deal is basically spend $6 + tax and get a ticket worth twice as much (and the dial). I'll be buying lots of dial next couple days.

First you need to make sure that it's not restricted to one ticket per household ...

Mimosa97

clears throat...

metalgearprice3rshf.jpg

Seriously though, so glad amazon had 30% off this time around, ordered a whole bunch and yeah, $56 is a good deal these days. Getting Ratchet for $29 and Street Fighter V for $48 after taxes at launch almost feels like stealing.

Wow ... When did you order these 2 ? E3 2012 ?

farisr

Wow ... When did you order these 2 ? E3 2012 ?

E3 2013, I wish I knew then what I know now. Would've ordered pretty much every game available and cancelled/returned as needed (did that last year after the first price hike). Could've had stuff like Mirrors Edge Catalyst and Quantum Break at 39.99 as well. MGSV, and FF XV are my last games at that pricepoint.

Parapraxis

E3 2013, I wish I knew then what I know now. Would've ordered pretty much every game available and cancelled/returned as needed (did that last year after the first price hike). Could've had stuff like Mirrors Edge Catalyst and Quantum Break at 39.99 as well. MGSV, and FF XV are my last 2 games at that pricepoint.

Still well played.

Mimosa97

E3 2013, I wish I knew then what I know now. Would've ordered pretty much every game available and cancelled/returned as needed (did that last year after the first price hike). Could've had stuff like Mirrors Edge Catalyst and Quantum Break at 39.99 as well. MGSV, and FF XV are my last games at that pricepoint.

You couldn't know it was going to be that bad. Still, well played man ... Well played :)

Now imagine you had bought 50 copies of MGS V at that price point. You could have sold them at 60$ a piece and made a hefty profit.

Luigi87

clears throat...

metalgearprice3rshf.jpg

rofl, I have MGSV and FFXV sharing an order from E3 2013 as well.

... what a good E3 pre-order time that was...

i-Jest

clears throat...

metalgearprice3rshf.jpg

*claps slowly*

All you can do is respect and admire it. Anyone who tries to hate on those savings is a loser. Very well played. I joined a year later so I couldn't take advantage, do to lack of knowing about E3 sales, but live a and learn.

oEaJ3Hx.png

:D

I've gone all-digital this gen, so I'll probably wind up giving the games to my cousin or something

terrible

Banned
I have no idea if this will be of use to anyone but if anyone has been waiting for a sale on the Thrustmaster TX racing wheel you can use the $75 off $300 coupon on shop.ca to get it for just a bit over $376 including tax and shipping. It's $399.99+tax, then $75 off if you use the RMN75OFF300AUGUST code before you check out.

Charged for my MGSV preorder from Future Shop. $45 is not bad at all. Looks like they will be delivering on time. Maybe even a day early.

Only one left from FS is FFXV.

I am in the MGSV/FFXV order share club as well.

I'm also in the MGSV/FFXV order club, in theory, but I moved all my stuff to Best Buy last week because no one could change my address on my Future Shop order. I just got charged $80+ for MGSV, but I was told I'd be credited back the difference between the current MSRP and my Future Shop pre-order of $39.99 within a week of release, so now I wait.

BadWolf

That MGSV+PS4 bundle is tempting but I think I will wait some more.

My PC could run Ground Zeroes on lower settings so hoping it will run TPP as well. If it does then I have no reason to get a PS4 this year unless there is some really sweet deal.

Ledhead

My amazon MGSV and Mad Max orders are preparing to ship atm. Sorry to hear some of you got fucked over with the Metal Gear CE

Banned
That MGSV+PS4 bundle is tempting but I think I will wait some more.

My PC could run Ground Zeroes on lower settings so hoping it will run TPP as well. If it does then I have no reason to get a PS4 this year unless there is some really sweet deal.
It's the same engine and assests so I highly doubt it'll perform much different from GZ. You should be ok.

@Wreck

clears throat...

i got these on the same order

zj0gCNL.png

I just watched some game play on Mad Max might be real good

My E3 2013 pre-orders:

Destiny (PlayStation 4) 1 $39.99
Killzone Shadow Fall (PlayStation 4) 1 $39.99
Metal Gear Solid V (PlayStation 4) 1 $39.99

2 of the 3 turned out to be turds.
Although I'm not even sure why I thought Killzone would turn out good... smh.

kevin1025

Banned
Gears of War was supposed to come Tuesday. The wrong postal code was put on it and it's still missing in the wild. Replacement ordered, supposed to come today, ended up in North York (I live in Ottawa). Now it's coming Monday (lol). Someone doesn't want me having that game.

They gave me $5 credit, though, so there's that!

Part of the club too. From E3 2013 I had (have) these preordered:

MGSV
FFXV
Infamous SS

Who knew the dollar was going to tank so much in the meantime. :S

Roronoa

Banned
Its not a metal gear bundle. You buy the last of us ps4 bundle and you get a copy of metal gear along with it. the 1200 consoles aren't that common yet so check before you buy.

Oh, okay.

Still, I'd rather buy it than wait to buy something during the holidays which comes bundled with games I don't care about.

I am conflicted. I want to play my playstation games but there's just so much things to do and save up for first. :(

N° 2048

Shipping update (
as if anyone cares :p
)

Mad Max & Danganronpa AE:
Shipping estimate: Friday, August 28, 2015
Delivery estimate: Tuesday, September 1, 2015 by 8:00pm

MGS V:
Shipping estimate: Monday, August 31, 2015

Interesting ship dates. Different warehouses I assume.

Amazon.ca btw

suikodan

My MGS FS order got charged. So hopefully that means Monday or Tuesday!

Yeah, me as well. Hopefully it'll be shipped during the weekend to arrive on time.

Part of the club too. From E3 2013 I had (have) these preordered:

MGSV
FFXV
Infamous SS

Who knew the dollar was going to tank so much in the meantime. :S

My order from FS contains exactly the same games, hehe.

Shipping update (
as if anyone cares :p
)

Mad Max & Danganronpa AE:
Shipping estimate: Friday, August 28, 2015

MGS V:
Shipping estimate: Monday, August 31, 2015

Interesting ship dates. Different warehouses I assume.

This is from Amazon?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Any new deals or did I click on this thread to see what orders everyone placed 2 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom