• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

killroy87

Honestly, the vast majority of the time Amazon is pretty good for me. The percentage of the time where my shipments are egregiously late is incredibly small. My biggest beef remains that they are using these couriers that come at super weird hours, and I can't even be that angry because there just isn't as much of an infrastructure for same/next day deliveries in Canada as there are in the US. So if Canadian Prime wants to offer same day deliveries (which I appreciate), they kind of have to work with what they got.

<--- Trade In Noob

So my son and I will be in Winnipeg this weekend and he may take advantage of some of these trades. Question though...are credit tied to whichever store you trade your game to? Since we're not from Winnipeg, placing pre-orders at a store or having credit there, is of little use if we can easily get back there. Can we have the credit placed on a gift card and use it online?

killroy87

<--- Trade In Noob

So my son and I will be in Winnipeg this weekend and he may take advantage of some of these trades. Question though...are credit tied to whichever store you trade your game to? Since we're not from Winnipeg, placing pre-orders at a store or having credit there, is of little use if we can easily get back there. Can we have the credit placed on a gift card and use it online?

You'll only be able to take advantage of the 2X credit deal if you preorder at the same time, which means you're tied to that store. You can trade in and get the credit on a gift card, but you won't get double credit.

bearbomb

Neo Member
I have a Wiiu, splatoon, smash, hyrule and windwaker which works out to me only owing 81.99 on a switch but I could probably find a few others to trade in (cod, wonderful 101, ect) to get it even lower I'm not sure if I should do it though...

eyesradar

You'll only be able to take advantage of the 2X credit deal if you preorder at the same time, which means you're tied to that store. You can trade in and get the credit on a gift card, but you won't get double credit.

I thought we can bring games over later? I do have a physical pre-order secured from EB tho.

I have a Wiiu, splatoon, smash, hyrule and windwaker which works out to me only owing 81.99 on a switch but I could probably find a few others to trade in (cod, wonderful 101, ect) to get it even lower I'm not sure if I should do it though...

That can't be right?

Edit: missed "owing" so I thought that they only gave you $81.99 credits for the whole thing...

Ventara

Well, ask yourself; will I use my WiiU in the future? The WiiU is a great system, and can act as a Wii and Gamecube player as well, if you don't have those systems, or just want to reduce clutter under your TV. Just considering it's exclusive library, it has a decent amount of games that are unlikely to be ported, such as Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2. But at the end of the day, if you're not gonna use it, might as well trade it in. The value that EB is giving for the games is great, and $150 is okay for the system (not as good as the $180 USD in the US, though).

bearbomb

Neo Member
Well, ask yourself; will I use my WiiU in the future? The WiiU is a great system, and can act as a Wii and Gamecube player as well, if you don't have those systems, or just want to reduce clutter under your TV. Just considering it's exclusive library, it has a decent amount of games that are unlikely to be ported, such as Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2. But at the end of the day, if you're not gonna use it, might as well trade it in. The value that EB is giving for the games is great, and $150 is okay for the system (not as good as the $180 USD in the US, though).

I guess you are right and it is telling that I haven't turned it on in months as well.. I should finish windwaker but I don't think I would finish it before the trade in promo is over. Haha.

Ventara

What are my options if I want Yakuza 0 at something other than full retail? Just Amazon Prime?

Not really what you're asking for, but if you have some games to trade, you can take advantage of the Switch promos at EB and then move the credit to Yakuza 0. I think I might do this for Gravity Rush 2 and Nier: Automata.

SickBoy

I ordered a red/blue joycon set. I wouldn't have — I think they look kinda gross attached to the system — but I do like being able to differentiate between controllers, and having a set for my kids to use seemed like a good idea.

I ordered a red/blue joycon set. I wouldn't have — I think they look kinda gross attached to the system — but I do like being able to differentiate between controllers, and having a set for my kids to use seemed like a good idea.

Classic excuse...

"it's for the kids"

You love gross stuff and you know it ;-)

DVCY201

I wouldn't wait as the trade in values may drop over the coming days if they find they are getting lots of certain titles.

In the meantime just do the trade and put it on other items like Joy Cons or other games and then move it to what you want as they become available in the system.

Alright, thanks. I'll go in today when I get off then!

Not really what you're asking for, but if you have some games to trade, you can take advantage of the Switch promos at EB and then move the credit to Yakuza 0. I think I might do this for Gravity Rush 2 and Nier: Automata.

I don't think they'll let you do that. You can trade promo credit freely between Switch stuff, but not to non Switch stuff.

Kyolux

Just curious because I'm totally not considering that..
I might be
Can you take advantage of that trade-in toward a switch stuff deal and pre-order a switch at a local store even if they don't have "pre-order" "slots"?

edit: also..
I hate you guys
lies.. I love you guys

Mupod

I guess Amazon gives you one free 30-day trial a year? It's telling me I have one, at least. I'd rather save that for E3.

I've really got an itch for Yakuza 0, though. Nioh I can wait on especially since they're talking about a season pass already. I'm thinking I'll dedicate February to my Wii U backlog because for some reason everything in the world has to release in that March-April window.

Lexxism

I guess Amazon gives you one free 30-day trial a year? It's telling me I have one, at least. I'd rather save that for E3.

I've really got an itch for Yakuza 0, though. Nioh I can wait on especially since they're talking about a season pass already. I'm thinking I'll dedicate February to my Wii U backlog because for some reason everything in the world has to release in that March-April window.
If you are thinking of using the 20% off, forget about it. You must be a prime member when the item ship to keep the 20% off.

SickBoy

I see some talk of "too many games"... Definitely realized on the weekend that the Switch release date kind of gums up my game release schedule, too. I had Horizon: Zero Dawn preordered already, as well as Ghost Recon because it was $50 last E3. Release dates for those are Feb. 28 and March 7.

With the Switch on March 3, that's a lot of stuff.

Classic excuse...

"it's for the kids"

You love gross stuff and you know it ;-)

lol

The bonus is only for new 3ds xl and wiiu. Don't waste it. Or just wait if they will have a trade in with xb1 and ps4 console if you are really interested on selling it.

Ahh yes, no bonus for the other consoles. Hopefully that gets added later. I wouldn't mind unloading my One S for a PS4 Pro or a Switch.

MarkusRJR

<--- Trade In Noob

As a fellow Winnipegger I remember Manitoba having really shitty trade-in law's. Console hardware being traded in must go towards hardware, games must go towards games. Plus most stores only allow one console trade in max. Not sure if these laws will affect you or not.

BadWolf

Whoa, just got this email from Teksavvy:

Watching cat videos just got cheaper!

In October, the CRTC issued a landmark decision that lowered our costs. In December, we stuck our necks out and promised our customers that we would pass the savings on by lowering your prices. Today, we are proud to deliver on that promise. Your next invoice will show your new package of DSL 25 Unlimited Mbps, with included downloads (beyond the unlimited 2-8 am overnight period) of Unlimited GB, at $44.95. Some customers may have the pleasant surprise of even lower prices and more included downloads than we shared with you in December. That's how competition is supposed to work!

Some customers who were on a Pro package and are now seeing Unlimited for your included downloads &#8211; that's not a mistake! Enjoy!

Had a 400GB limit before and they upgraded it to unlimited O_O

My trade haul for today (after promo):

RE: Revelaitons 3DS: 10$
Super Smash 3DS: 26
Sonic: Lost World Wii U: 12
Splatoon: 56
Mario Kart 8: 50
Hyrule Warriors Wii U: 48
NFS: Most Wanted Wii U: 10

Total 212.00

Other trade-ins that I kept:

Splinter Cell Blacklist Wii U: 2$
Ninja Gaiden 3 U >1$
The Order PS4: 2
RE Revelaitons 2 PS4: 5
Borderlands Collection PS4: 5

Maximus.

Out of curosity, what games did you trade in? I'm trying to figure out whether I should drag myself to EB or not.

Hyrule Warriors 3DS
Triforce heroes
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3DS
Titanfall 2 PS4
FF15 PS4

I got about $200 in credit. Sucks I couldn't use some of it towards a console.

Renewed

I've still got $250 to knock off my Switch preorder and I've got Star Fox Zero, SMTIV:A, Hyrule Warriors and some other outliers. I think I can make this work.

Got $140 in credit from like 6 old games (including Rayman Legends and Lego City which I will just buy on Switch) and snagged the Red/Blue joycons and charging grip. Might switch it to the Pro Controller later or maybe a game. Can this x2 accessory credit be moved to a game later? Complete EB newbie here.

Got $140 in credit from like 6 old games (including Rayman Legends and Lego City which I will just buy on Switch) and snagged the Red/Blue joycons and charging grip. Might switch it to the Pro Controller later or maybe a game. Can this x2 accessory credit be moved to a game later? Complete EB newbie here.

Yes they'll let you move it to other Switch stuff if you want.

is EB still taking in-store pre-orders?

Or do they accept all pre-orders and just delay when you get your Switch as they receive inventory?

I'd love to jump on that trade-in deal, alas I have no pre-order.

CRA5H

is EB still taking in-store pre-orders?

Or do they accept all pre-orders and just delay when you get your Switch as they receive inventory?

I'd love to jump on that trade-in deal, alas I have no pre-order.
They aren't taking any more pre-orders. First come first serve after preorders are fulfilled.

bryt

Never preordered online from EB before. What happens if I want to cancel and I picked the option for in-store pick up? Do I just call the store if I want to cancel?

Never preordered online from EB before. What happens if I want to cancel and I picked the option for in-store pick up? Do I just call the store if I want to cancel?

If you order online you most likely have to cancel through customer service. You can always just go to the store on the day of pick up and immediately return it once you get it.

As a fellow Winnipegger I remember Manitoba having really shitty trade-in law's. Console hardware being traded in must go towards hardware, games must go towards games. Plus most stores only allow one console trade in max. Not sure if these laws will affect you or not.

Games can go towards anything now and can trade in multiples now. Not sure about consoles/controllers. Last time I tried to trade in some infinity figures, they had to go towards other figures and only one towards one.

I remember having to drive to Selkirk to trade in games towards a vita when it came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom