• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for anyone that missed out on Nintendo's silly bent sword Master Edition. First4Figures is releasing a 10" Link Statue from Breath of the Wild. <--- money better spent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrSEpVe486A

x_f4fbotwl_l.jpg20170113-29497-s88et0

x_f4fbotwl.jpg20170113-29497-1fpglbm

No US or Canadian retailers have listed it yet. But it's not going to be ridiculously limited like Nintendo's merchandise.

tiijj

So anyone think amazon will get any additional pre orders. Specifically red/blue switch sku

I have a neon one on order at amazon and I'll be cancelling that later tonight. I dunno when amazon will put it back but watch out for it I guess.

So for anyone that missed out on Nintendo's silly bent sword Master Edition. First4Figures is releasing a 10" Link Statue from Breath of the Wild. <--- money better spent.

No US or Canadian retailers have listed it yet. But it's not going to be ridiculously limited like Nintendo's merchandise.

looks like a big amiibo.

and he has a switch attach to his belt

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty tempted to trade-in a bunch of WiiU games that will get a re-release/sequel on Switch with that double-credit deal, like Splatoon and MK8. How confident are we that the Switch will get a Smash 4 "Ultimate Edition"?

I have a neon one on order at amazon and I'll be cancelling that later tonight. I dunno when amazon will put it back but watch out for it I guess.

looks like a big amiibo.

and he has a switch attach to his belt

Pretty sure it was F4F that designed the amiibo. Back when the Majora's Mask Collector's Edition came out, it was F4F that made that figure. Modeled after the bigger one that they produced before.

Here's a crazy thought...

Since Nintendo always released their consoles & games on a Friday, I wonder if they releasing more pre-orders on Fridays leading up to March 3 as well.

jokkir

What happened to the Best Buy Switch preorders? Just sold out quickly? I want to cancel my EB Games one to use my BB gift cards but it's unavailable. Hopefully they restock if they did

killroy87

x_f4fbotwl_l.jpg20170113-29497-s88et0

x_f4fbotwl.jpg20170113-29497-1fpglbm

Tweet says it's ten inches, but it looks way bigger than that. If it's ten inches, I'll buy it

What happened to the Best Buy Switch preorders? Just sold out quickly? I want to cancel my EB Games one to use my BB gift cards but it's unavailable. Hopefully they restock if they did

They were available Friday night but then sold out. However, I think some cancelled their pre-orders on the best buy website as I was able to quickly pre-order one Saturday night before they were sold out again.

I plan to do around $600 in trade-ins tomorrow. Don't really know what to put them on as a placeholder, as I need to pick at least 4 games because of the 3/game promo, but I guess I'll figure it out.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
is EB still taking in-store pre-orders?

Or do they accept all pre-orders and just delay when you get your Switch as they receive inventory?

I'd love to jump on that trade-in deal, alas I have no pre-order.
Then you're fucked. I tried to do a trade in on Sunday and they told me no more preorders. I asked why I couldn't be put on a queue and just trade in now and got "complain to corporate".

jokkir

Was thinking of getting Mario Kart then remembered it's behind a paywall so nope. When are online details coming put anyway? I'm still considering cancelling this Switch preorder or selling it later.

MarkusRJR

Anyone have any experience cancelling old pre-orders from Best Buy? I didn't expect to get a Switch, but that EB Games Wii U trade in deal was too good. Now I'm stuck with a $45 Wii U Zelda order and there doesn't appear to be a way to cancel it on the site?

mlclmtckr

Banned
So how do EB tradeins work? Do I just take a bunch of eligible stuff to my local EB and hope they have stock?

I want a preorder but I don't want to drive to a bunch of EBs looking for an available unit.

Sora_N

Anyone have any experience cancelling old pre-orders from Best Buy? I didn't expect to get a Switch, but that EB Games Wii U trade in deal was too good. Now I'm stuck with a $45 Wii U Zelda order and there doesn't appear to be a way to cancel it on the site?

Their web forms work sometimes, but otherwise you'll have to call.

NYR

Yes. So, if you do the 2x promo it will be $50. It's one of those WiiU with 50+ TIV like Splatoon, Xenoblade X, Star Fox etc.
Thinking about trading in the following, going to call in to my local EB to see if they are still doing pre orders. I got a pre order in at Best Buy, but the thought almost getting it for free is pretty tempting. What sucks is I don't my want my Wii U anymore, but my nephews are obsessed with Splatoon, so I might have to hold on to it.

I am not an Edge member, so I think I need to sign up for that?

Gears of War 4 - 46
Titanfall 2 - 48
Mario Kart 8 - 50
Mario Maker: 56
Super Smash Bros - 50
FFXV - 56
Last Guardian - 60
Wii U Pro Controller - $ 25
----------------------------
$416

That is pretty solid, almost getting retail pricing back. I paid $40 of my copy of gears, so getting more back.

joms5

Can someone tell me the appeal of the colour version of the Switch for those who preordered that model?

Maybe it's just my OCD, but I tend to like my consoles to just be black so that they all match my home theatre components. The neon model looks like a toy to me, and I thought many would feel the same way. But going by GAF everyone seems to really want the neon model.

What gives GAF? What is it about that model that you like?

chrono01

Can someone tell me the appeal of the colour version of the Switch for those who preordered that model?

Maybe it's just my OCD, but I tend to like my consoles to just be black so that they all match my home theatre components. The neon model looks like a toy to me, and I thought many would feel the same way. But going by GAF everyone seems to really want the neon model.

I like color in my consoles, but hate the mishmash of colors with the neon. If it had just been red or blue for the joy-con, that would have been preferred, but I just really hate how they don't match.

So yeah, grey for me.

Sora_N

I like color in my consoles, but hate the mishmash of colors with the neon. If it had just been red or blue for the joy-con, that would have been preferred, but I just really hate how they don't match.

So yeah, grey for me.

I'm debating it myself but I have both colours preordered. I would really just want the blue one, but the colours look really neat. I'll decide in a month lol.

Aonuma

For me, foremost it's quirky and unique. Think of it in the same vain as people who dye their hair bright colours. Secondary reasons I went with neon include that it's easier to differentiate at a glace which is the left and right Joy-Con even from across a room and that I feel it may be the rarer of the two colours in the future for collectible purposes.

IceIpor

I think I'm slightly reversed. If everything's the same it bothers me and I enjoy a little bit of chaos in my life. Colours also illicit a feeling of fun for me.

Lexxism

Thinking about trading in the following, going to call in to my local EB to see if they are still doing pre orders. I got a pre order in at Best Buy, but the thought almost getting it for free is pretty tempting. What sucks is I don't my want my Wii U anymore, but my nephews are obsessed with Splatoon, so I might have to hold on to it.

I am not an Edge member, so I think I need to sign up for that?

Gears of War 4 - 46
Titanfall 2 - 48
Mario Kart 8 - 50
Mario Maker: 56
Super Smash Bros - 50
FFXV - 56
Last Guardian - 60
----------------------------
$416

That is pretty solid, almost getting retail pricing back. I paid $40 of my copy of gears, so getting more back.
You don't need to sign-up on their red card but you can just get their red edge card which is free. You get extra 5% credit on the items you traded but based on what you listed you can only get the extra 5% on the controllers. Plus, I think the pro controller is $12 each since it won't get the 2x promo.

mf.luder

Breath of the wild wii u still launches on march 3, right? Just got my wii u back from a friend and was thinking about selling.

I personally can't stand consoles to be white, black or grey. The world is bland enough as it is. I originally had a grey pre-order but cancelled it and decided I would just wait. But then a second round of colourful ones came online so I pre-ordered again in that version.
It may seem stupid to some people but simple things like a blast of colour really put me in a good mood when I see it.

Actually, now that I think of it.. this may be part of the reason I prefer to play a lot of the games developed by Nintendo versus the other big AAA stuff like Grand Theft Auto and first person shooters etc...

CRA5H

Grey will attract less attention when on the go. I live in Scarborough.

I went with grey.

Apples_89

This question may have already been answered here, but I just want to confirm:

There's nothing stopping us from capitalizing on the EB 2x trade in promo for Switch products, then cancelling the pre-order and just transferring the funds to other games or potentially a Scorpio pre-order in the future. As far as I can tell, the only negative to doing this is that you loose the 'before tax' cost reduction benefit; correct?

Aonuma

There's nothing stopping us from capitalizing on the EB 2x trade in promo for Switch products, then cancelling the pre-order and just transferring the funds to other games or potentially a Scorpio pre-order in the future. As far as I can tell, the only negative to doing this is that you loose the 'before tax' cost reduction benefit; correct?

You can pretty much always cancel preorders and move the credit around to whatever you want. I have extra PS4 Pro trade-in credit that's now sitting on my Switch preorder.

Lexxism

Yeah, this is what I always do when I do a trade in. Transferring credits to new preorders that are available but I only did that on games. I would assume it will apply to consoles too. Yeah, losing pre-tax might be the worse scenario but that will only happen if you put the credit on a gift card or edge card.

Apples_89

Yeah, this is what I always do when I do a trade in. Transferring credits to new preorders that are available but I only did that on games. I would assume it will apply to consoles too. Yeah, losing pre-tax might be the worse scenario but that will only happen if you put the credit on a gift card or edge card.

Oh, so if I were to hypothetically put my trade-in funds directly to a Scorpio order when that goes live, that amount will be deducted from the MSRP prior to the applied tax? If so, that's absolutely ideal!

CRA5H

Oh, so if I were to hypothetically put my trade-in funds directly to a Scorpio order when that goes live, that amount will be deducted from the MSRP prior to the applied tax? If so, that's absolutely ideal!
YMMV... it's honestly up to the manager's discretion if they know your motive is to "switch" it to a different console as this promo applied only to the Switch.

I mean it should work but there is no guarantee they won't say no.

Lexxism

I don't want to guarantee it as I don't want you coming back complaining it didn't work BUT that's definitely possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom